Clowney REturned To Practice Today

heroesjets

No, two players will need to be released unless the NFL hands the Jets two roster exemptions and I doubt they'll do that.

Feely will be gone if Nugent can go and it appears he will be able to do just that.

No, two players will need to be released unless the NFL hands the Jets two roster exemptions and I doubt they'll do that.

Feely will be gone if Nugent can go and it appears he will be able to do just that.

Clowney was already on the roster, as for Chatham I guess he was not counting against it becuase he was suspended...

The only way Clowney couldnt have been would be to put him on the PUP list, was he on it?

Right. Clowney was on the active roster (why I have no idea) so there won't need to be a release in order for him to play but for Chatman I believe there has to be unless the NFL is giving the Jets a roster exemption, which is what they're doing for the Bengals for Chris Henry.

I don't think anyone has to be released because these two were already counting against our 53 man roster.Anyone know for sure if this is true or not?

from the jets site;

The Jets have a roster exemption for Chatman this week and will have to release a player by next Monday if they retain him moving forward.

I said at the beginning of camp, that Chatman's a better RB then Jones. I hope they let him carry the ball some in 2 weeks.

Didn't really see him play much (didn't watch the Jets preseason or Miami football in general last year), just curious, how good is he in the red zone? How good is he on 3rd and shorts? Obviously that's what we need here.

Right. Clowney was on the active roster (why I have no idea)

This is why. They knew he'd be back and practicing well before game 6, so they didn't want to PUP him. Didn't get against the gameday actives anyway.

I said at the beginning of camp, that Chatman's a better RB then Jones. I hope they let him carry the ball some in 2 weeks.

I hope so too, but you know there will be complaints. Is he going to get Jones' carries or Leon's. We're not happy with the division between two backs, three isn't going to make it any easier.

This is why. They knew he'd be back and practicing well before game 6, so they didn't want to PUP him. Didn't get against the gameday actives anyway.

I hope so too, but you know there will be complaints. Is he going to get Jones' carries or Leon's. We're not happy with the division between two backs, three isn't going to make it any easier.

I don't think they can PUP someone if they've been practicing or playing in the preseason games and then gets hurt during the game. I think it's more for players coming off of preseason surgery or something that happens in the offseason. I'm not 100% sure but that's how I've always understood it.

I don't think they can PUP someone if they've been practicing or playing in the preseason games and then gets hurt during the game. I think it's more for players coming off of preseason surgery or something that happens in the offseason. I'm not 100% sure but that's how I've always understood it.

There are two different versions of the PUP list. I'm not 100% on all the details, but I know the general idea.

The first is the one you describe. Before the TC roster is set, players may be kept on the PUP list and removed at any time up until final cuts/the season starts. They did this with a couple of guys that were coming off injury and not ready at the start of camp.

The other is before the first game, players may be placed on the PUP list and they will not be eligible to practice or play until after week six. They can go to meetings. From week 6 to week 10 they are eligible to practice and they must be activated or IR'd on or before week 10.

Clowney would have been eligble for the PUP list, but if he's already practicing they would have lost around three weeks of practice time (with the bye) and possibly two active games for the ability to carry Paul Raymond or Brandon Reikart a couple of extra weeks.

There are two different versions of the PUP list. I'm not 100% on all the details, but I know the general idea.

The first is the one you describe. Before the TC roster is set, players may be kept on the PUP list and removed at any time up until final cuts/the season starts. They did this with a couple of guys that were coming off injury and not ready at the start of camp.

The other is before the first game, players may be placed on the PUP list and they will not be eligible to practice or play until after week six. They can go to meetings. From week 6 to week 10 they are eligible to practice and they must be activated or IR'd on or before week 10.

Clowney would have been eligble for the PUP list, but if he's already practicing they would have lost around three weeks of practice time (with the bye) and possibly two active games for the ability to carry Paul Raymond or Brandon Reikart a couple of extra weeks.

I didn't think it was possible to put someone on the PUP if they get hurt during the games. I thought it was either you get cut with an injury settlement, put on IR, or go on the active roster. But I could be wrong :)

I didn't think it was possible to put someone on the PUP if they get hurt during the games. I thought it was either you get cut with an injury settlement, put on IR, or go on the active roster. But I could be wrong :)

Maybe you're right. I'll look it up. Those are the rules to come off, but maybe you're restricted in placing them on it.

*Looks like you are right and I'm wrong KS. As far as I can tell, the player can't be put on the PUP if they've been on the active roster during TC. Therefore Clowney was ineligible. Some knowlegeable people here suggested he could be put there.

If he dips into Jones' carries i'll be one happy wisconsinite. They have to realize Jones isn't cutting it, although i hear he did much better this weekend against the vaunted AZ cardinals...

Didn't really see him play much (didn't watch the Jets preseason or Miami football in general last year), just curious, how good is he in the red zone? How good is he on 3rd and shorts? Obviously that's what we need here.

Saw the guy play quite a bit last year filling in for Williams and Brown. My first impression was, "How the hell do the Fish find another good running back". The guy impressed me.

The Fish OL stunk last year, and he still had a 4.0 Ave. I think his career ave is about 4.6.

He is short, about 5'8" and about 225 has a good burst to the line, and good power. Hasn't been used much in his career, but impressed me quite a bit last year. North South runner and should be good at the goal line.

As I mentioned he has not been used much in 5 years. Don't know the story on that. Maybe he is a late bloomer

Maybe you're right. I'll look it up. Those are the rules to come off, but maybe you're restricted in placing them on it.

*Looks like you are right and I'm wrong KS. As far as I can tell, the player can't be put on the PUP if they've been on the active roster during TC. Therefore Clowney was ineligible. Some knowlegeable people here suggested he could be put there.

Thanks for looking that up :)

The other bonus about Chatman coming back is that I believe he's a pretty good pass catcher out of the backfield. Plus, he seems faster than Jones. Him and Leon in the backfield at the same time could create some favorable matchup problems for us.

Actually, have we ever had Leon and Jones in the backfield at the same time? Everytime I see two RB's it was also just either Jones or Washington along with Richardson.

Saw the guy play quite a bit last year filling in for Williams and Brown. My first impression was, "How the hell do the Fish find another good running back". The guy impressed me.

The Fish OL stunk last year, and he still had a 4.0 Ave. I think his career ave is about 4.6.

He is short, about 5'8" and about 225 has a good burst to the line, and good power. Hasn't been used much in his career, but impressed me quite a bit last year. North South runner and should be good at the goal line.

As I mentioned he has not been used much in 5 years. Don't know the story on that. Maybe he is a late bloomer

He is hard nosed and unlike Jones, he refuses to go down. He makes tacklers work at it. I think he will help a lot inside the 5, if they let him.

Archived