Red Sox fans have grown complacent.

Thor99

Leaving in droves in the 7th inning? Weak. It's almost as weak as Yankee fans partying tonight. Remember how much you hated when a certain Sox fan did that? Remember how classless he was? How outraged you were? Look in the mirror.

I know that if I had paid that kind of money for a playoff ticket, I'm going to sit in that seat until they kick me out.

It's been a nice run, but don't take the playoffs for granted, Sox fans. It's not a certainty that they'll be there next year. In fact, it's going to be even tougher. The Rays are obviously a great young team whose going to stay together for quite a while. After this years embarrassing debacle, the Yankees are going to make a big splash. The Sox could very easily slip to 3rd.

That's not to say I'm giving up on this series. We all know about the Sox' amazing comebacks. It's not looking too good right now, though.

Leaving in droves in the 7th inning? Weak. It's almost as weak as Yankee fans partying tonight. Remember how much you hated when a certain Sox fan did that? Remember how classless he was? How outraged you were? Look in the mirror.

I know that if I had paid that kind of money for a playoff ticket, I'm going to sit in that seat until they kick me out.

It's been a nice run, but don't take the playoffs for granted, Sox fans. It's not a certainty that they'll be there next year. In fact, it's going to be even tougher. The Rays are obviously a great young team whose going to stay together for quite a while. After this years embarrassing debacle, the Yankees are going to make a big splash. The Sox could very easily slip to 3rd.

That's not to say I'm giving up on this series. We all know about the Sox' amazing comebacks. It's not looking too good right now, though.

I disagree. The people that are leaving are corporate bufoons that are there to be there -not the "true" fan. Plus - and I know a lot about being a local sports fan - Bostonians are far more comfortable complaining. WEEI will get lit up tomorrow! Fellowship of the Miserable - Rick Pitino got something right when he said that.

They came back last year

Now you have your best 3 pitchers going

Hardly impossible

Just getting ready for the possibility of the Sawx going home......unfortunately I do think without a doubt they go back to Tampa

Hopefully, Dice-K can shut down the Rays again, and get that doubt creeping into their heads.

I never thought the Sox would get past the Angels, so this is all gravy for me.

They need to start hitting. And now.

I disagree. The people that are leaving are corporate bufoons that are there to be there -not the "true" fan. Plus - and I know a lot about being a local sports fan - Bostonians are far more comfortable complaining. WEEI will get lit up tomorrow! Fellowship of the Miserable - Rick Pitino got something right when he said that.

That was a mass exodus, corporate buffoons and fans.

That was a mass exodus, corporate buffoons and fans.

I'll take your word for it. I didn't catch the game. Got home from work in time to catch Comcast New Englands nightly sports show where the theme of the night was complaining about Matt Cassel ;)

I agree with you though - playoff tickets are no joke financially. I'm sitting there 'till the bitter end, massacre or not.

Hopefully, Dice-K can shut down the Rays again, and get that doubt creeping into their heads.

I never thought the Sox would get past the Angels, so this is all gravy for me.

They need to start hitting. And now.

Dice needs a repeat of his game 1 masterpiece to have a chance. They are just not hitting. They look tired, for lack of a better term , at the plate. They need to turn it up a notch , NOW !!

I'll take your word for it. I didn't catch the game. Got home from work in time to catch Comcast New Englands nightly sports show where the theme of the night was complaining about Matt Cassel ;)

I agree with you though - playoff tickets are no joke financially. I'm sitting there 'till the bitter end, massacre or not.

But arn't you a Jets fan now, so you don't have to worry about the Patriot QB situation. :)

I will believe the Sox are dead once I see the D-Rays celebrating after the final out is recorded sad to say.

The Sox though right now as much as they will not admit it, miss Manny and Lowell BADLY.

Hats off to the D-Rays though right now. They are beating them everyway possible.

Long Ball

Small Ball

Pitching

Bullpen.

D-Rays and Phils are looking like a real possiblity. Fox right now is watching potential huge World Series ratings go right down the drain.

I will believe the Sox are dead once I see the D-Rays celebrating after the final out is recorded sad to say.

The Sox though right now as much as they will not admit it, miss Manny and Lowell BADLY.

Hats off to the D-Rays though right now. They are beating them everyway possible.

Long Ball

Small Ball

Pitching

Bullpen.

D-Rays and Phils are looking like a real possiblity. Fox right now is watching potential huge World Series ratings go right down the drain.

Rays vs Phils World Series, suck it FOX.

First of all look at the intelligence level of the so called yankee fan who started the thread. My celing fan has a higher IQ. Second of all, I don't think those are mostly "corporate" seats. I have sat through some beatings, and while it is very unpleasent, you don't leave. I think that you are no seeing your fanbase being infested by the same kind of fair weather fans that jumped on our bandwagon in the late 90's. Winning attracts those kinds of people. You know, the guy/gals with the brand new crispy hat . They don't know who 3/4's of the team is, let alone any player from the losing years. It just comes with winning.

First of all look at the intelligence level of the so called yankee fan who started the thread. My celing fan has a higher IQ. Second of all, I don't think those are mostly "corporate" seats. I have sat through some beatings, and while it is very unpleasent, you don't leave. I think that you are no seeing your fanbase being infested by the same kind of fair weather fans that jumped on our bandwagon in the late 90's. Winning attracts those kinds of people. You know, the guy/gals with the brand new crispy hat . They don't know who 3/4's of the team is, let alone any player from the losing years. It just comes with winning.

Incorrect - mostly. Have you any idea what a playoff ticket to Fenway costs? My guess is that a third of the season ticket holder are selling them for a huge profit....and that is where the bandwagon yahoos come in. They pay big buck to say they were there. Shoot, parking lots around the area increase there prices for the playoff's too. Some charge $75. That is absolutely insane.

want a hug baby?

Knock Knock

Who's There?

Two posters that are about to knock it the ***** off.

Two posters that are about to knock it the ***** off who?

Seriously knock it off or you will both be banned.

Can it wait until I take 80's idea and get over myself? It might take a while.

You know, the guy/gals with the brand new crispy hat . They don't know who 3/4's of the team is, let alone any player from the losing years. It just comes with winning.

What about the guy/gal whose hat has been through 5-10 years and they want to get a brand new hat? ;)

...sometimes I just think that Boston Sport Fans have been incredibly spoiled for a good part of this decade. I read the follwowing this morning and laughed! It's not too far from the truth:

A conversation between two Boston Sporst Fans

"Hey, see the Patriots?"

"Yeah, they sucked"

"I couldnt believe their defense. Totally sucked"

"I know. Cassel sucks too. What do you think Belichick is going to do"

"Aw, he sucks now. He was good for a couple of years. Now hes totally retarded"

"Yeah. How about the Sox"

"They suck. I cant even watch them anymore"

"Yeah, Ortiz sucks. Ellsbury too"

"They've sucked since Schilling got hurt"

"Ahh, he was startin to suck anyway"

"And Beckett got hurt.."