Fireman Ed shiits on PSLs/Jets

SouthernJet

Funny he even left for a bit during the Chiefs game... when the Jets were losing..hmmm thank god the people in lower level are so loud

Yes, the Upper Level is holyier than all. There is no greater noise coming from either section when Ed isn't around, but when Ed is around the Lower Tier goes a tad crazier. I've been in the Upper Level and a lot of people in the Upper Level don't respect Ed. Wonder why that is. Because of the Shea guys who originated the chants? I don't know. I guess I'll find out starting next season and beyond when I'm up there with you guys.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll go with you on the first half of your statement. He'll most likely get a deal of some sort but in exchange for PSL commercials? No chance.

Let me give you an idea of how I see the Commercial going .I see right after the leters getting sent out next spring that tell us where we are senority wise and where we are able to bid on in the new stadium ,a commercial of the old stadium during a JET gamewhere they flash the score board late in the 4th quarter behind by a couple of points as they are showing that the announ. is saying ,it`s getting late they are running out of time ,you better get up now (with that they flash to ED doing his everybody up motion to the JET fans) and join the rest of your Loyal JET fans in the beautiful new stadium (while he is saying this they are showing Favre driving down field with under 2 minutes left ) Make yourself heard (now they are flashing back to ED in the stadium doing the I can`t hear you motions ) all of a sudden the announ. shows Favre hitting on the winning TD and then they Flash back to ED finishing the J-E-T-S chant, that is how they will have ED do a PSL comm. ,that way he`s letting the JETS use him ,without him actualy having to speak for the PSL`s directly & the JETS move the numbers to show money they would pay ED to do a Comm. equals the same amount of Ed & Franks PSL ,thats how I could see this happening..

Yes, the Upper Level is holyier than all. There is no greater noise coming from either section when Ed isn't around, but when Ed is around the Lower Tier goes a tad crazier. I've been in the Upper Level and a lot of people in the Upper Level don't respect Ed. Wonder why that is. Because of the Shea guys who originated the chants? I don't know. I guess I'll find out starting next season and beyond when I'm up there with you guys.

Not really into having a pissing contest on who makes noise in the stadium, clearly our opinions differ. But I can truly care less if Fireman Ed is in the stadium or not. He was a puppet for the Jets, did not get what he wanted, made a stink, and now getting the cold shoulder. Good riddance...

Back in the days before Ed, it use to be a battle between upper deck end zones with the chants.I guess they see Ed as just a copy cat.

From the sections that I have sat in..all in the upper level for years..it has nothing to do with that. The guy was the Jets ambassador for the west side stadium, supposedly spoke for the Jet fan but mostly could care less about the NJ fans. All of a sudden things did not work out his way and he started tons of nonsense... He was a mascot for the NY jets fans

From the sections that I have sat in..all in the upper level for years..it has nothing to do with that. The guy was the Jets ambassador for the west side stadium, supposedly spoke for the Jet fan but mostly could care less about the NJ fans. All of a sudden things did not work out his way and he started tons of nonsense... He was a mascot for the NY jets fans

That is true and a reason why my father dislikes him. He could care less about us fans from New Jersey and on gamedays I still believe that there are more people from Jersey than there are New York in attendance.

So that's where it's coming from. The folks from NJ not feeling the love. and the jealousy of everyone else with Ed being the face. When it was time to think of where to put a Jets stadium almost everyone wanted it back in NY...somewhere in NY. Sharing the stadium with the gints is a concession no matter what woody said or says.

Getting back to Fireman - He wasn't there last year and the chant blew (ok the Jets sucked too) but it sucked from opening day.

If I'm him I'm pissed about PSL. Hell I'm me and I'm pissed. If I'm him I'd work an angle to get around the psL's. Hell yeah and so would all of you (except Bitoni for some odd reason)

I love the people that say they hate him and can't stand him. You don't have to be his bud. You don't have to like him. But to hate on him? I don't get it. If you don't like the chant or the way he has the power at the stadium? Do something about it....

I can care less about the guy and my section is crazy and loud enough so this does not really bother me...124 was trying to figure out why some people are not fond of the guy and just expressed my opinion. Nothing more nothing less I agree if any of us had a way to get out of the PSL they would use any leverage they had...

if he stopped showing up for games i would be just fine with it, hes a mascot and thats all he is. the age old question that will keep me scratching my head forever is why we need this moron to get a crowd going, especially when the team is in the mix of things. the jets fans are all sitting on there butts on third downs when the defense is on the field but as soon as this moron gets up we rise like he is our leader. just dont get it.

and he was the poster boy for the new stadium and he still pisses and moans about it, oh well.

Efff Fireman Ed. I hate that guy.

He is not the guy who started the Jet chant or the guy who was the first to lead the Jet chant.

The team embraced this ungrateful douche and gave him all sorts of perks and now he's turned into a whiny punk.

Hey, I didn't hear you complaining when you were getting paid to do Budweiser commercials. You really think you get cast in those ads if the organization didn't legitimize you?

Efff Fireman Ed. I hate that guy.

He is not the guy who started the Jet chant or the guy who was the first to lead the Jet chant.

The team embraced this ungrateful douche and gave him all sorts of perks and now he's turned into a whiny punk.

Hey, I didn't hear you complaining when you were getting paid to do Budweiser commercials. You really think you get cast in those ads if the organization didn't legitimize you?

There's the anger and jealousy I's be talkin bout.

Tell you the truth he isn't the only one that doesn't care for NJ fans.

Woody cares about the NJ Jets fans. I didn't believe that until I saw his 20% off PSL for all NJ residents.

That showed me that he cared.

:-P

Not really into having a pissing contest on who makes noise in the stadium, clearly our opinions differ. But I can truly care less if Fireman Ed is in the stadium or not. He was a puppet for the Jets, did not get what he wanted, made a stink, and now getting the cold shoulder. Good riddance...

During the 2007 season when Fireman Ed was absent.The NYJETS tried out many performers in the J-E-T-S chant all FAILED. For those that dont like him or are jealous of him get over it.I remember when the chant went from upper deck to upper deck.Those days are long gone.Without Fireman Ed the J-E-T-S is non-existent.

During the 2007 season when Fireman Ed was absent.The NYJETS tried out many performers in the J-E-T-S chant all FAILED. For those that dont like him or are jealous of him get over it.I remember when the chant went from upper deck to upper deck.Those days are long gone.Without Fireman Ed the J-E-T-S is non-existent.

who cares and it wouldnt be non existent if fans actually got up and cheered. if this guy didnt come to one more game it would be just fine.

who cares and it wouldnt be non existent if fans actually got up and cheered. if this guy didnt come to one more game it would be just fine.

Many dont get up thats the problem.Many are so dam drunk or not into the game or even footballl for that matter.Fireman Ed needs to be there. If not J-E-T-S chant will be history.

Why the dislike for a guy who is supposed to be our mascot.

maybe if the fans would show up instead of 10-15k empty seats it would help? Maybe if fans were more interested in the game than throwing paper airplanes they would cheer? maybe if the Jets were a championship team they would cheer? And why is it that at road games Jets chants can be heard around the stadium? do they sell fireman ed dolls for the road?

Many dont get up thats the problem.Many are so dam drunk or not into the game or even footballl for that matter.Fireman Ed needs to be there. If not J-E-T-S chant will be history.

Why the dislike for a guy who is supposed to be our mascot.

its a HUGE problem. the lack of a great energetic stadium is because of the fans. i dislike him because he is a a$$hole, always has been. the chant is awesome and brings energy to the stadium, but hes not needed because all he is is a mascot. look at other stadiums and fan bases who dont need a mascot to get the crowd going.

maybe if the fans would show up instead of 10-15k empty seats it would help? Maybe if fans were more interested in the game than throwing paper airplanes they would cheer? maybe if the Jets were a championship team they would cheer? And why is it that at road games Jets chants can be heard around the stadium? do they sell fireman ed dolls for the road?

my thoughts exactly tyson

its a HUGE problem. the lack of a great energetic stadium is because of the fans. i dislike him because he is a a$$hole, always has been. the chant is awesome and brings energy to the stadium, but hes not needed because all he is is a mascot. look at other stadiums and fan bases who dont need a mascot to get the crowd going.

Why is he an azzhole? Ive met him on numerous occasions just a regular guy who by the way is a retired NYFD.You remember the day after 9/11 it was guys like you praising him and everything else.Now because thats out of your mind you badger the guy for leading a JETS cheer.Something is wrong here.

The PAPER AIRPLANES SUCK I personally called and sent letters and emails asking them to not hand out the booklets until after the game. When someone loses an eye the fun and games will be over.

Why is he an azzhole? Ive met him on numerous occasions just a regular guy who by the way is a retired NYFD.You remember the day after 9/11 it was guys like you praising him and everything else.Now because thats out of your mind you badger the guy for leading a JETS cheer.Something is wrong here.

The PAPER AIRPLANES SUCK I personally called and sent letters and emails asking them to not hand out the booklets until after the game. When someone loses an eye the fun and games will be over.

two different topics dude, dont even compare the two, its ignorant and just dumb. his job is different then being an moron to jets fans and a glorified mascot, but dont even go there with 9/11.

two different topics dude, dont even compare the two, its ignorant and just dumb. his job is different then being an moron to jets fans and a glorified mascot, but dont even go there with 9/11.

He never asked to be glorified because hes FDNY.If you remember correctly he never revealed what he did.So yes I stand by my statement of guys like you acting the way you do.Give Ed a break no reason for all this hatred towards the guy none whatsover.YOU are the MORON.

He never asked to be glorified because hes FDNY.If you remember correctly he never revealed what he did.So yes I stand by my statement of guys like you acting the way you do.Give Ed a break no reason for all this hatred towards the guy none whatsover.YOU are the MORON.

your a joke an absolute joke. your bringing up being a mascot to the FDNY, two different spectrums.

You are so off base here it is ridiculous.. try keeping to the argument that you are losing

I find you making that connection with any of this to 9/11 memories HIGHLY offensive. That might be the worst analogy I ever read.

Nice comeback...............Its NYJETS fans like you that ruin it for everyone else!

I thought it was fans like you that gave up your seats that were ruining it for everyone else. That's what Woody told me anyhow.

Archived