Mike Mussina to Retire

MagicBizkit87

After the year he had last year, I would have loved to have seen if he could repeat. But, this is one of the classiest moves I've seen in pro sports. How many pitchers do you know that retire after winning 20 games...plus, leave a multi million dollar contract on the table. Thanks Moose, I wish the Yanks could have won a WS title for you though.

I think he could have done it in two.

I didnt realize he had 270 wins, I thought it was 260 something, I agree with 2 now

Definitely not first ballot. But I think he'll get in eventually...

I agree. Considering Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz might all retire this year, they will be the ones getting in on the first ballot.

After the year he had last year, I would have loved to have seen if he could repeat. But, this is one of the classiest moves I've seen in pro sports. How many pitchers do you know that retire after winning 20 games...plus, leave a multi million dollar contract on the table. Thanks Moose, I wish the Yanks could have won a WS title for you though.

I like Moose a lot. But I wish they would have won one for me. Personally I wish he had helped them win one with all that money he made.

:)

Archived