Who are we rooting for?

Jets Babe

I would say root for a Jets win (obviously), and a Dolphins loss (I hate saying root for a Patriots win)....:bag:

If that situation plays out, it would put out the dolphins temporary fire and put the standings looking like this:

1. JETS - 8-3

2. PATRIOTS - 7-4

3. DOLPHINS - 6-5

4. BILLS - 6-5 (i'll say they win because they're playing the chiefs)

If we lose and the Pats win...it looks like this:

1. JETS - 7-4 (we're in first because we have a better division record)

2. PATRIOTS - 7-4

3. DOLPHINS - 6-5

4. BILLS - 6-5

If the Pats win or the Dolphins win, no matter the outcome of our game, we're in first place because of our divisional record.

Bottom line, in order to have a comfortable record, we need to win.

I do NOT want the Dolphins to win. They need to lose to break their fluke of a win streak. Not to mention...look at this cakewalk schedule ahead of them..

@ STL

@ BUF

SF at home

@ KC

@ NYJ

The only legit team they're playing is us...and that's in the last week of the season, it might not even matter what happens.

So root hard for the Pats. Pats have a tougher schedule and we can afford to have them win this weeks game. No biggie.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say root for a Jets win (obviously), and a Dolphins loss (I hate saying root for a Patriots win)....:bag:

If that situation plays out, it would put out the dolphins temporary fire and put the standings looking like this:

1. JETS - 8-3

2. PATRIOTS - 7-4

3. DOLPHINS - 6-5

2. PATRIOTS - 7-4

3. DOLPHINS - 6-5

4. BILLS - 6-5

If the Pats win or the Dolphins win, no matter the outcome of our game, we're in first place because of our divisional record.

I do NOT want the Dolphins to win. They need to lose to break their fluke of a win streak. Not to mention...look at this cakewalk schedule ahead of them..

@ STL

@ BUF

SF at home

@ KC

@ NYJ

The only legit team they're playing is us...and that's in the last week of the season, it might not even matter what happens.

So root hard for the Pats. Pats have a tougher schedule and we can afford to have them win this weeks game. No biggie.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

what about a tie... cuz i dont want none of them to win..

I think people are underrating Miami's remaining opponents. After the Pats, the Fins play 4 of their last 5 on the ROAD, including 2 divisional road games.

I don't care how bad a team is, it is always more difficult to beat them in their building. The Fins are going to be no better than 3-2 over the last 5 and I wouldn't be surprised if they went 2-3.

I think people are underrating Miami's remaining opponents. After the Pats, the Fins play 4 of their last 5 on the ROAD, including 2 divisional road games.

I don't care how bad a team is, it is always more difficult to beat them in their building. The Fins are going to be no better than 3-2 over the last 5 and I wouldn't be surprised if they went 2-3.

I agree with the orignal op 100% Go Pats!!!

I don't know where you see 3 losses in this mess btw:

@ STL = Already mailed it in and is 1-3 at home

@ BUF - This game isn't even in Rich Stadium and will be played in a dome, elinminating the elements.. wtf!!!

SF at home - west coast team coming east and playing at 1pm - nuff said

@ KC - 1-4 at home

@ NYJ - Any given Sunday..

If the flippers win this game I can easily see them coming into week 17 with 10 or 11 wins..

I agree with the orignal op 100% Go Pats!!!

I don't know where you see 3 losses in this mess btw:

@ STL = Already mailed it in and is 1-3 at home

@ BUF - This game isn't even in Rich Stadium and will be played in a dome, elinminating the elements.. wtf!!!

SF at home - west coast team coming east and playing at 1pm - nuff said

@ KC - 1-4 at home

@ NYJ - Any given Sunday..

If the flippers win this game I can easily see them coming into week 17 with 10 or 11 wins..

First, I agree with the Pats winning.

Second, I said I wouldn't be surpised that they lost 3 games not that they would. Of those 5, I can foresee them losing against the Jets, Bills, and either the Rams or Chiefs. By the way, I know the elements are eliminated with the Toronto game, but the Fins still have to travel all the way from Miami.

Third, there you go overrating Chad again because you fear he will haunt you forever. Didn't we go through this last year and you insisting that Chad would have a rebound game every week? Chad has never won 11 games in his professional life, how's he going to do it now?

The Fins have a gimmick offense and a QB who has only thrown for 10 TDs. They don't have an all-world defense so regardless of how easy the schedule, they have to play extremely well just to win. The Jets lost to the Raiders because of Mangini's idiotic game plan and Hermanesque performance in OT. The Fins played a pretty good game last week and nearly lost it to the Raiders who had to travel cross-country for a 1 pm game.

This game against the Pats is the Fins swan song. With the Fins being 6-5 after this, this will be the beginning of the end of any talk about them being playoff contenders.

Miami will lose to either STL, SF or KC. Book it. They will also lose to us.

I am hoping for a NE win though. Miami fans are as annoying as they come and I can't take it anymore. NE also has a tougher schedule.

I think both teams finish 10-6 (Miami 9-7 if they lose Sunday) while the Jets will be 11-5.

Miami will lose to either STL, SF or KC. Book it. They will also lose to us.

I am hoping for a NE win though. Miami fans are as annoying as they come and I can't take it anymore. NE also has a tougher schedule.

I think both teams finish 10-6 (Miami 9-7 if they lose Sunday) while the Jets will be 11-5.

why the drama over phins?

if we can't beat them in dec08 in ny....wtf

are we worried about Henne playing or something i am missing?

It will be interesting to see how they play with all the road games. Miami historically doesnt travel well from late November onward, but they catch a huge break getting two dome games that should really help eliminate the elements. Not to mention those fast tracks are great for Ginn. The strange thing is other than the mess they had in Arizona their offense is playing far better away from home this year than they are at home. The team is more or less just scraping by against some pretty crummy away opponents but beat up on some pretty good home teams when they travelled.

If Miami wins this week, which I dont think they will, I look at the home game against the 49ers and those last two away games as the potential losses.

you're missing the point. look at their schedule before us. it's a cakewalk. i feel like week 17 isn't even going to matter at this point.

It will be interesting to see how they play with all the road games. Miami historically doesnt travel well from late November onward, but they catch a huge break getting two dome games that should really help eliminate the elements. Not to mention those fast tracks are great for Ginn. The strange thing is other than the mess they had in Arizona their offense is playing far better away from home this year than they are at home. The team is more or less just scraping by against some pretty crummy away opponents but beat up on some pretty good home teams when they travelled.

If Miami wins this week, which I dont think they will, I look at the home game against the 49ers and those last two away games as the potential losses.

Exactly, Jason. You said it better than I did.

I don't know why CTM is so surprised at the opinion that the Fins could lose 3 of those last 5 games.

I dont care how any other team does.

We need to win 4 of our last 6 games. We do that and we dont need to worry what anyone else does.

This week will dictate how the Jets end up IMO. Win and they are looking at 13-3, 12-4 at worse. Lose, and they'll likely be 11-5.

First, I agree with the Pats winning.

Second, I said I wouldn't be surpised that they lost 3 games not that they would. Of those 5, I can foresee them losing against the Jets, Bills, and either the Rams or Chiefs. By the way, I know the elements are eliminated with the Toronto game, but the Fins still have to travel all the way from Miami.

Third, there you go overrating Chad again because you fear he will haunt you forever. Didn't we go through this last year and you insisting that Chad would have a rebound game every week? Chad has never won 11 games in his professional life, how's he going to do it now?

The Fins have a gimmick offense and a QB who has only thrown for 10 TDs. They don't have an all-world defense so regardless of how easy the schedule, they have to play extremely well just to win. The Jets lost to the Raiders because of Mangini's idiotic game plan and Hermanesque performance in OT. The Fins played a pretty good game last week and nearly lost it to the Raiders who had to travel cross-country for a 1 pm game.

This game against the Pats is the Fins swan song. With the Fins being 6-5 after this, this will be the beginning of the end of any talk about them being playoff contenders.

Chiefs/Dolphins is like a Jet fan's wet dream.

You've got Herm Edwards vs. Chad Pennington. And what makes it great is that neither of them are on the Jets.

I dont care who you people root for, because my 2 favorite teams are the Pats and whoever is playing the Jets.:grin:

Another division loss for NE just about seals their fate winning the division and possibly as a wildcard.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THATS SO ****IN FUNNY

/Sarcasm

i mean this in the nicest way possible, because i like you...CJ:

**** off. your team is a fluke thanks to a gimmick offense and a cake walk schedule...you wish your team was as talented as the jets this year.

So, do you "like" like me or just like me... Inquiring minds want to know ;)

I appreciate your comments about my team, however I STRENUOSLY object to your assesment... I find your opinions biased.

I appreciate your comments about my team, however I STRENUOSLY object to your assesment... I find your opinions biased.

A Jet fan, biased about the dolphins?

Surely you JEST.*

*See what I did there, with the JEST thing?

1. JETS - 8-3

2. PATRIOTS - 7-4

3. DOLPHINS - 6-5

2. PATRIOTS - 7-4

3. DOLPHINS - 6-5

4. BILLS - 6-5

@ STL

@ BUF

SF at home

@ KC

@ NYJ

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Dolphins schedule really isn't a cakewalk. 4 of their last 5 on the road is dangerous no matter the teams they are playing.

Buffalo won't be an easy game, they are still in the mix for a playoff spot. The niners are playing better. I dont really care who wins Sunday because the other team will be two games behind if we win. We control our own destiny, so as of now it's on us.

i can never "like" like a dolphin fan...that happened once and it was bad news.

hahahha...

You are right.. I'm convinced that noodle bastard is going to haunt me forever. I mean, Miami sports the easiest schedule in football and is in the midst of a classic Parcells turnaround which a coach whose coming up with great game plans and it's all getting accredited to the noodle arm.. :rolleyes:

I was correct however that Chad would have a good season this year ;)

Exactly, Jason. You said it better than I did.

I don't know why CTM is so surprised at the opinion that the Fins could lose 3 of those last 5 games.

Because, of the 3 crappy AFC West teams, 2 are improving, the other has mailed it in. Miami has favorable matchups everywhere. Things are breaking right for that team and a lot of times when it does, they capitalize.

The Phins got to play Seattle at 1pm the week before Hasselbeck came back, we have to go out there late when he'll be all the way back and presumably in rhythm..

We both play San Francisco, but we go west and play in their house, while they host SF again at 1pm on the east coast..

imo, we stand a better chance of losing to SF then they do.

The Buffalo thing is a complete joke as I have no doubt the team from Miami playing in Buffalo in December would lose, instead, they get to play them in a dome.

They also get to play St Louis in the dome, but that team gave up on the Haslett resurgance after we brow beat them so badly. I can't see them losing here.

The only games after this one that I think they even have a shot of losing are Buffalo, Kansas City and the Jets. I can't see them losing all three..

Oh no, we will beat them and they'll end up 9-7, 10-6. Chad Pennington cannot win more than 10 games in a season, no matter who is on his team.

However, I always have and always will hate Miami 10x more than I hate New England. Guess that happens when you're born into the Marino / Jets days, and your first memorable Jet killing loss when you were in attendance was the Fake Spike Game.

I'd rather see NE win than Miami.

Archived