Jenkins is hurt/run down

BigOrangeJetFan

Mangini basically admitted that in Monday's press conference.

Dial up the blitz big time. Confuse Seneca Wallace. Limit Jenkins' plays and play Pouha/DeVito more. If he is not near 100% vs Miami, Brown/Williams/Pennington will dominate time of possession.

Longtime Jet fan here. In the '86 season, when Klecko/Gastineau/Mehl and 1/2 the defense was hurt, Bud Carson blitzed often.

Here's where Sutton/Mangini need to step up and get creative, or the season ends in Seattle.

Mangini basically admitted that in Monday's press conference.

Dial up the blitz big time. Confuse Seneca Wallace. Limit Jenkins' plays and play Pouha/DeVito more. If he is not near 100% vs Miami, Brown/Williams/Pennington will dominate time of possession.

Longtime Jet fan here. In the '86 season, when Klecko/Gastineau/Mehl and 1/2 the defense was hurt, Bud Carson blitzed often.

Here's where Sutton/Mangini need to step up and get creative, or the season ends in Seattle.

Bud Carson !! Brings back found memories. Man do I ever wish HE was our DC. Great defensive coach IMO.

100 % in agreement here D. I'm getting so sick of that friggin 3 man rush. Look what happened in Buffalo when they blitzed Elam on the game winning play.

And look at what happened in the first half of the Arizona game when they blitzed Warner and shut him out. Interceptions, fumbles. Then in the second half they lay off and the Cardinals score a bunch of point. Duh. It is not like we fans are calling for blitzes hoping it might help. It has when they have had the guts to do it. Which should not be a shock. Their OLBers are built for pass rushing, not pass defense.

And look at what happened in the first half of the Arizona game when they blitzed Warner and shut him out. Interceptions, fumbles. Then in the second half they lay off and the Cardinals score a bunch of point. Duh. It is not like we fans are calling for blitzes hoping it might help. It has when they have had the guts to do it. Which should not be a shock. Their OLBers are built for pass rushing, not pass defense.

What's scary is that not only do we (the fans) see it, but the facrt is it just isn't working when they don't blitz. they get torn to shreds every time. it's not rocket science.

What's scary is that not only do we (the fans) see it, but the facrt is it just isn't working when they don't blitz. they get torn to shreds every time. it's not rocket science.

Which is a shame. I'll bet Mangini has some great ideas on the latest propulsion theories. :)

I would actually consider resting Jenkins altogether vs Seattle which means yes, I would sit him out. We should be able to beat them regardless and there's no point in making the playoffs if Jenkins isn't 100%. He's our most important player BY FAR and we need him if we're going to make an impact in January.

I would actually consider resting Jenkins altogether vs Seattle which means yes, I would sit him out. We should be able to beat them regardless and there's no point in making the playoffs if Jenkins isn't 100%. He's our most important player BY FAR and we need him if we're going to make an impact in January.

I can't believe i'm reading this!!!!!!!!!

No way!

But I think he's earned the right to sit out practices from now on though.

You know how you rest your players?

Beat the crap out of a scrub team early so you can send in your subs.

No way!

But I think he's earned the right to sit out practices from now on though.

You know how you rest your players?

Beat the crap out of a scrub team early so you can send in your subs.

The guy has simply not been effective over the last few games. No penetration, nothing. He's not been himself whether it's injury, fatigue or whatever. I'm not saying that resting him IS teh right thing to do, I'd just consider it. Whatever the Hell it takes to get Jenkins back to the way he was we need to do it because like I said before if we're going to the playoffs with him playing the way he has over the last 3 games we're better off not going at all.

The last time he looked great (and the last time our run D did its job) was vs Tennessee. And in that game I'm pretty sure he layed on the ground with an injury and missed a few plays. Coincidence that he hasnt been the same since? I dunno.

The dailynews says he is playing with a hip injury.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/12/15/2008-12-15_big_kris_jenkins_is_getting_run_down.html

Jenkins also is playing with a hip injury, which could be slowing him down.

BP great posts this is exactly what we were talking about at the game last Sunday. I agree this game is not rocket science and how the hell we do not make adjustments is beyond me. How we do not plan to just stop the slant pattern and get beat by something else is beyond me. Chad Pennington will kill us with slant patterns unless we show we can stop it.

100 % in agreement here D. I'm getting so sick of that friggin 3 man rush. Look what happened in Buffalo when they blitzed Elam on the game winning play.

3 man rush vs max protect = 3 guys on Jenkins, 2 on Coleman and Ellis. Need to bring the pain. The lack of a blitz in the situation of not getting pressure must speak volumes about the secondary's ability to cover (or lack thereof)

The last time he looked great (and the last time our run D did its job) was vs Tennessee. And in that game I'm pretty sure he layed on the ground with an injury and missed a few plays. Coincidence that he hasnt been the same since? I dunno.

The dailynews says he is playing with a hip injury.....

Good point. I don't think it is a coincidence.

BP great posts this is exactly what we were talking about at the game last Sunday. I agree this game is not rocket science and how the hell we do not make adjustments is beyond me. How we do not plan to just stop the slant pattern and get beat by something else is beyond me. Chad Pennington will kill us with slant patterns unless we show we can stop it.

"Chad Pennington will kill us with slant patterns unless we show we can stop it"

No, no, no..Chad doesn't have the arm strength to zip it in on a slant pass..

Archived