Thank you Keyshawn

4HCrew

It's coming from all over. Carl Banks said Mangini doesn't have an instinct or feel for the game. Fatcessna thinks he's starting to sound like Kotite now and tore him to shreds today (even though he thinks Mangini should have the Miami game to show something)

These last 4 weeks have been mindbogglingly bad all around. How we went from playing like a SB contender to playing like the Lions with no significant injuries is beyond comprehension

It's coming from all over. Carl Banks said Mangini doesn't have an instinct or feel for the game. Fatcessna thinks he's starting to sound like Kotite now and tore him to shreds today (even though he thinks Mangini should have the Miami game to show something)

These last 4 weeks have been mindbogglingly bad all around...

the biggest and worst collapse I as a Jets fan for 40 years have EVER seen

These last 4 weeks have been mindbogglingly bad all around. How we went from playing like a SB contender to playing like the Lions with no significant injuries is beyond comprehension

You have to agree with Francesa (actually look at the guy, he's not that fat anymore... certainly not Kate Moss or anything, but he's not fat). No point firing the guy before the last game of the season. What will that prove? Nothing.

You have to agree with Francesa (actually look at the guy, he's not that fat anymore... certainly not Kate Moss or anything, but he's not fat). No point firing the guy before the last game of the season. What will that prove? Nothing.

No, he means if we beat Miami Mangini earned his shot next season regardless of whether or not we make the playoffs.. Meaning he bashed the crap out of him but stopped short of calling for his head..

And good for Mike, I didn't know he had lost weight..

No, he means if we beat Miami Mangini earned his shot next season regardless of whether or not we make the playoffs.. Meaning he bashed the crap out of him but stopped short of calling for his head..

And good for Mike, I didn't know he had lost weight..

I can't argue with Francesa's position. I didn't get to listen to him today unfortunately. I don't have to agree with it.

Put it this way though... If NE somehow loses to BUF and then Mangini wins and gets us in the playoffs when he KNOWS he has to win the game to get in.. I say he may have earned it, and should stay (although I wouldn't argue with those who say he has to go).

Now if NE wins, and he's playing against MIA, BAL takes a big lead on JAX and then all of a sudden caution is thrown to the wind... no that doesn't count. He needs to win the game and play TO WIN the entire game.

In other words, if BAL gets up early big, and NE already won... then I don't even count the game against MIA for much.

Mangini has certainly earned the right to take this season to it's conclusion and be evaluated at the end of the year. He's got a winning record this year and is still in the hunt for the playoffs.

But you can't be happy where this team is after three years of his regime. Remember, he's doing it this year with veteran players, it's not like he's got a bunch of kids who are just learning to gel.

Mangini has certainly earned the right to take this season to it's conclusion and be evaluated at the end of the year. He's got a winning record this year and is still in the hunt for the playoffs.

But you can't be happy where this team is after three years of his regime. Remember, he's doing it this year with veteran players, it's not like he's got a bunch of kids who are just learning to gel.

No he hasn't. He should be fired no matter what happens sunday. This is not about making the playoffs. This team should've been in the mix for a bye week and home field after the titans game. Mangini's incompetence turned that into one of the bigger gag's in NFL history and backdooring into the playoffs doesn't change any of that.

I'm convinced it doesn't matter who is standing on the sidelines for the Jets. It does not matter who the players are. The Jets could have the most Pro Bowlers in the league and it wouldn't matter (they do). They could have a coach that was universally dubbed a genius and knocked off the number 1 team in the league and the team that has dominated this division and was 16-0 in the regular season the week before in back to back away games. It just does not matter.

The franchise is cursed. They are losers, they will always be losers. Joe Willie Namath sold his soul and this franchise's future for that 1 moment, and the devil has been taking its due ever since. A moment that most of us were not even alive to witness. That is what you get for being a fan of the NYJ. It is hopeless, you have to understand this is a franchise that will never win anything. It exists solely to torment those foolish enough to have a connection to it.

Run away. Run away while you still can! If you still have any time, before you are lost forever, leave and do not look back!!! It may be too late for this old fool, but at least I am trying. Don't throw away your only chance! QUIT NOW!!!!

I can't argue with Francesa's position. I didn't get to listen to him today unfortunately. I don't have to agree with it.

Put it this way though... If NE somehow loses to BUF and then Mangini wins and gets us in the playoffs when he KNOWS he has to win the game to get in.. I say he may have earned it, and should stay (although I wouldn't argue with those who say he has to go).

Now if NE wins, and he's playing against MIA, BAL takes a big lead on JAX and then all of a sudden caution is thrown to the wind... no that doesn't count. He needs to win the game and play TO WIN the entire game.

In other words, if BAL gets up early big, and NE already won... then I don't even count the game against MIA for much.

what insight.... if only i played single A ball

Mangini sucks Donkey D1ck, his resume is filled with great gameplans(Oak,SF,Sea,Buff,Den and it took a 1 hand catch from coles to beat KC)

yes KC outplayed us and if not for hermie we go 0-4 vs AFC west

You realize when you put a number in years like that in your post, that you are only tempting the GODS for you to see worse in year 41 .....

I'll tell ya what JJ....I'm starting to not care so much anymore...it's a technique I've been using since 2005 first tried out in the 70's

No he hasn't. He should be fired no matter what happens sunday. This is not about making the playoffs. This team should've been in the mix for a bye week and home field after the titans game. Mangini's incompetence turned that into one of the bigger gag's in NFL history and backdooring into the playoffs doesn't change any of that.

So if they win Sunday and get in he should be fired regardless of what the team does in the postseason? That same thinking would have cost the Giants a Super Bowl.

the biggest and worst collapse I as a Jets fan for 40 years have EVER seen

Jimmy, I love ya, but give me a ****ing break. I know having a short memory is the key to being a happy Jet fan, but c'mon.

Off the top of my head:

1986 - 5 straight to end the season.

1994 - team quits on master motivator Pete Carroll and loses 5 straight to end the season.

1993 - Coslett loses something like 4 of 5 to miss the playoffs. The one win was a 3-0 debacle. What an offensive genius!

1997 - Almighty Tuna loses 3 of last 4 to miss the playoffs. Why didn't they fire him?

2000 - team loses 3 straight and misses the playoffs in Groh's only season. Thanks guys.

1984 - lose 7 of last 8. SEVEN OF EIGHT! They were 6-2 for the love of GOD!

I'm sure I could find more, but now I'm depressed and that's all I remember. It might be the worst you remember, but it's FAR from the worst you've SEEN.

Don't you think that if they back into the playoffs that it would be best to see what they actually do once they are in there?

Jimmy, I love ya, but give me a ****ing break. I know having a short memory is the key to being a happy Jet fan, but c'mon.

Off the top of my head:

1994 - team quits on master motivator Pete Carroll and loses 5 straight to end the season.

1993 - Coslett loses something like 4 of 5 to miss the playoffs. The one win was a 3-0 debacle. What an offensive genius!

1997 - Almighty Tuna loses 3 of last 4 to miss the playoffs. Why didn't they fire him?

2000 - team loses 3 straight and misses the playoffs in Groh's only season. Thanks guys.

I'm sure I could find more, but now I'm depressed and that's all I remember. It might be the worst you remember, but it's FAR from the worst you've SEEN

AHHHH THE MEMORIES COME FLOODING BACK.

THANKS.

i HAD PUT THEM DEEP INTO THE MEMORY BANK, ALMOST FORGOT THAT I SAT THROUGH EVERY STINKING ONE OF THOSE LOSSES AT THE MEADOWLANDS

Off the top of my head:

I'm sure I could find more, but now I'm depressed and that's all I remember. It might be the worst you remember, but it's FAR from the worst you've SEEN.

Difference being that most of those teams weren't that good anyway and the ones that were had injuries.

We collapsed with no significant injuries and an extremely favorable schedule. If the Broncos lose Sunday, we'll have gone 1-4 against 5 teams with .500 or below record to close out the season. Pathetic.

And "this team isn't that good" isn't a valid excuse, there's simply no way an average team goes into TN and blows them out. It's not like the looked past us, we were division leaders at the tie. We had legit SB talk for the second time in my 23 years following this team and the damn players went to sleep!!!!!

Difference being that most of those teams weren't that good anyway and the ones that were had injuries.

We collapsed with no significant injuries and an extremely favorable schedule. If the Broncos lose Sunday, we'll have gone 1-4 against 5 teams with .500 or below record to close out the season. Pathetic.

And "this team isn't that good" isn't a valid excuse, there's simply no way an average team goes into TN and blows them out. It's not like the looked past us, we were division leaders at the tie. We had legit SB talk for the second time in my 23 years following this team and the damn players went to sleep!!!!!

Who got hurt in '97? That's the same team that went to the AFC title in '98 and choked. They didn't miss the playoffs because of injuries, they missed the playoffs because that fat HOF douchebag in Miami you are all sucking off now chose to have Leon Johnson throw a ****ing pass. Leon ****ing Johnson! It's quite possible that Jenkins is playing hurt now. I don't accept it as an excuse, but then I think the schedule excuse is a load of **** both ways too. Who got hurt when they folded in '84? You're only 23. You're new to the pain. They had injuries in '86, but that year and the times Namath went down are the only time that's a remotely acceptable excuse.

Who got hurt in '97? That's the same team that went to the AFC title in '98 and choked. I don't remember anybody getting hurt and it's quite possible that Jenkins is playing hurt. I don't accept it as an excuse, but then I think the schedule excuse is a load of **** both ways too. Who got hurt when they folded in '84? You're only 23. You're new to the pain. They had injuries in '86, but that year and the times Namath went down are the only time that's a remotely acceptable excuse.

I'm not 23? I remember 1986 like it was yesterday??

Imo, the 97 team was nowhere near as good as this Jets team and I'm not sure how you could argue otherwise. imo, the biggest collapses shouldn't include those teams that collapsed from wild card level to missing the playoffs. The truly epic collapses should be reserved for the teams that appeared SB ready.

I've seen 3 teams in my career as a Jets fan that looked like legit SB contenders late in the season. 1986, 1998 and this season. 1986 choked, but was hit with injuries pretty bad. 1998 we didn't really choke at all, which leaves this season as the biggest cluster**** in team history.

I'm not 23? I remember 1986 like it was yesterday??

Imo, the 97 team was nowhere near as good as this Jets team and I'm not sure how you could argue otherwise. imo, the biggest collapses shouldn't include those teams that collapsed from wild card level to missing the playoffs. The truly epic collapses should be reserved for the teams that appeared SB ready.

I've seen 3 teams in my career as a Jets fan that looked like legit SB contenders late in the season. 1986, 1998 and this season. 1986 choked, but was hit with injuries pretty bad. 1998 we didn't really choke at all, which leaves this season as the biggest cluster**** in team history.

People are in love with Curtis and Vinny, but I don't think they were that much better than Murrell and O'Donnell. You remember 1986 like it was yesterday, but not the 1984 or 1985 teams, or the mud bowl? Who decided this flawed ass team with a wildly inconsistent QB and unable to cover a TE was suddenly super bowl bound? I love how the board wants to crucify Mangini for letting them believe their own press clippings, but is completely unable to do the same.

Archived