The Official Orlando Magic 2008-2009 Thread

InstantClassic

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't extend SVG a contract, he's like the basketball version of Joe Girardi when it comes to coaching his team. He makes some of these plays, that make him sometime look like a genius, although Girardi never does that, but sometimes he makes the most boneheaded moves you could make, like leaving Jameer in basically late in the game, when he can't really do anything at all.

I'm still saying lets take a look at giving Patrick Ewing his first job as a head coach.

Please don't extend SVG a contract, he's like the basketball version of Joe Girardi when it comes to coaching his team. He makes some of these plays, that make him sometime look like a genius, although Girardi never does that, but sometimes he makes the most boneheaded moves you could make, like leaving Jameer in basically late in the game, when he can't really do anything at all.

I'm still saying lets take a look at giving Patrick Ewing his first job as a head coach.

I agree with you on leaving Jameer in the game..but Stan is an elite coach.

I agree with you on leaving Jameer in the game..but Stan is an elite coach.

He just got me scratching my head there. I realize that this is Jameer's team, and Jameer is my current favorite player, I would love nothing more then seeing him out there and dominate the Lakers like he did in the regular season. That's just not going to happen right now. Skip was playing pretty good, and he basically sat him the entire 4th, and overtime as well. I don't know if I'd call him elite though, for the exact reasons I've said in here, he's a good young coach with a hell of a lot of potential, but that's all he is right now.

There's still no question in my mind if Jameer was healthy, the Magic would have won this series by game 5 or 6 the latest. Which is why back when we were fully healthy, we beat them both times in the regular season, and those both times were largely because of Jameer.

I heard that the Magic are going to pay the luxury tax to bring the Turkey Man back for another couple more seasons. I guess that means that Marcin Gortat will most likely be on his way out.

Hey IC, what do you think of a trade like this? I heard the Knicks are trying to trade David Lee, and he may be the Power Forward we need for this team next year to help Dwight out at rebounding, after all Dwight, and David Lee were 1-2 in double-doubles this season.

Magic Get:

PF David Lee

Knicks Get:

C Marcin Gortat (Nice young center Knicks could build around)

G J.J. Redick (Expiring contract)

F Tony Battie (Expiring Contract)

PG Nelson/Alston/Johnson

SG CLee/Pietrus

SF Lewis/Turkoglu

PF DLee/occassional Lewis at 4

C Howard

Just trying to get your view on this IC, we need to get a proven big man right next to Howard, so we can knock Lewis to the 3, and Turkoglu to the 6th man role, with starters minutes. That will be the perfect recipe to stay in front of Boston, and Cleveland and get back to the Finals again next year...

I heard that the Magic are going to pay the luxury tax to bring the Turkey Man back for another couple more seasons. I guess that means that Marcin Gortat will most likely be on his way out.

Hey IC, what do you think of a trade like this? I heard the Knicks are trying to trade David Lee, and he may be the Power Forward we need for this team next year to help Dwight out at rebounding, after all Dwight, and David Lee were 1-2 in double-doubles this season.

Magic Get:

PF David Lee

Knicks Get:

C Marcin Gortat (Nice young center Knicks could build around)

G J.J. Redick (Expiring contract)

F Tony Battie (Expiring Contract)

PG Nelson/Alston/Johnson

SG CLee/Pietrus

SF Lewis/Turkoglu

PF DLee/occassional Lewis at 4

C Howard

Just trying to get your view on this IC, we need to get a proven big man right next to Howard, so we can knock Lewis to the 3, and Turkoglu to the 6th man role, with starters minutes. That will be the perfect recipe to stay in front of Boston, and Cleveland and get back to the Finals again next year...

I think that would be excellent.

The only thing I would rather see is Turk start a SG, bring Lee off the bench and let Pietrus back up Lewis.

I think that would be excellent.

The only thing I would rather see is Turk start a SG, bring Lee off the bench and let Pietrus back up Lewis.

Yeah, the reason I had him as the sixth man is, because maybe he could be our Manu Ginobili, and a bench of Hedo, Pietrus, and Alston would be unstopable. Although either way would be good, I just think we need a big banging Power Forward next to Dwight to possibly eventually beat the Detroit Pistons (FINALLY... lol), and keep ahead of Boston, and Cleveland, cause you know they'll make the moves to improve to try and stay ahead of us.

Thinking of next season already? :biggrin:

I'm always thinking about the future, because the Magic are a young team, and they have a good future, unlike you guys who will suck when Kobe retires. Hell, you guys lose Gasol in the future, and you'll be a bottom seed in the West again... LOL

I'm always thinking about the future, because the Magic are a young team, and they have a good future, unlike you guys who will suck when Kobe retires. Hell, you guys lose Gasol in the future, and you'll be a bottom seed in the West again... LOL

Again? We missed the playoffs ONE TIME. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. And in case you forgot, this is LA. You honestly think the Lakers don't have a backup plan when Kobe retires? You're kidding me right?

**** ORLANDO.

Again? We missed the playoffs ONE TIME. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. And in case you forgot, this is LA. You honestly think the Lakers don't have a backup plan when Kobe retires? You're kidding me right?

**** ORLANDO.

Ok, then whats their backup plan? Please tell me? Your going to keep having these good seasons, so you're never going to have any good draft picks. You can't afford anyone amazing like Gasol/Kobe good until one of them retires, and if it's Gasol leaving, the Lakers will be only in the 6-7-8 range in the west. So you're still going to have a bad season eventually when one of them do leave. Right now, sorry they really don't have a backup plan when he retires.

Ok, then whats their backup plan? Please tell me? Your going to keep having these good seasons, so you're never going to have any good draft picks. You can't afford anyone amazing like Gasol/Kobe good until one of them retires, and if it's Gasol leaving, the Lakers will be only in the 6-7-8 range in the west. So you're still going to have a bad season eventually when one of them do leave. Right now, sorry they really don't have a backup plan when he retires.

You guys won't make the playoffs when Howard decides to leave that ****ty ass place. Your team is GARBAGE son!

You guys won't make the playoffs when Howard decides to leave that ****ty ass place. Your team is GARBAGE son!

That's 4 years after this season ends when Dwight's contract ends, and Dwight has said he will stay as long as the fans want him there. Do you honestly see the Magic fans ever saying no to Dwight? I surely don't. Dwight isn't a piece of **** like Shaquille O'Neal.

That's 4 years after this season ends when Dwight's contract ends, and Dwight has said he will stay as long as the fans want him there. Do you honestly see the Magic fans ever saying no to Dwight? I surely don't. Dwight isn't a piece of **** like Shaquille O'Neal.

That's exactly what you're saying. Kobe won't retire for another 5 years. And Kobe himself said he's a Laker himself.

You can't win - Just like your team. :hand:

So a black guy ****ing some white groupie hotel staff chick in the ass = Rapist? She knew what she was getting into, and consented. Kobe didnt rape anyone.

Where is that yawn smiley when I need it..

So a black guy ****ing some white groupie hotel staff chick in the ass = Rapist? She knew what she was getting into, and consented. Kobe didnt rape anyone.

Where is that yawn smiley when I need it..

Repped. He's just mad his team is one loss away from another loss in the NBA finals.

For future reference..it's right here: :yawn:

As far as the groupie thing goes..I'm sure the fact that his name is Kobe Bryant had something to do with him getting off scott free. Just ask OJ.

And on the subject of asking..Kobe cheats...just ask his wife.

;)

Don't be like the fake Orlando fan.

As far as basketball is concerned..there is still plenty to play.

People get wrapped up in 3-2 leads, 3-1 leads, etcetera. It's just basketball. The Magic have to win three games in a row to win the championship..it's not as serious as some make it out to be.

One game at a time..this series can easily be 3-1 Orlando right now.

The Magic have proven that they can play with the Lakers, they have just faltered down the stretch of 2 games.

It's far from over.

As far as basketball is concerned..there is still plenty to play.

People get wrapped up in 3-2 leads, 3-1 leads, etcetera. It's just basketball. The Magic have to win three games in a row to win the championship..it's not as serious as some make it out to be.

One game at a time..this series can easily be 3-1 Orlando right now.

The Magic have proven that they can play with the Lakers, they have just faltered down the stretch of 2 games.

It's far from over.

Orlando has to win 3 straight..while the Lakers have to win 1. Series is not over.

Archived