The Official Orlando Magic 2008-2009 Thread

InstantClassic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4159699

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The father of the 12-year-old boy bumped by Celtics big man Glen "Big Baby" Davis after Sunday's game-winning shot is demanding an apology.

Ernest Provetti told the Orlando Sentinel that he wrote the NBA office demanding an apology from Davis for acting like a "raging animal with no regard for fans' personal safety." NBA spokesman Tim Frank confirmed the league received the e-mail but declined to comment on it.

Video of the play shows Davis ducking behind a referee and stepping out of bounds as he ran back to the Celtics bench. Provetti told the paper it was his son, Nicholas, whose hat fell off as Davis bumped him.

Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss said Davis was not available for comment. The Magic also declined to comment.

Later Monday, Provetti told the Sentinel neither the Celtics nor the NBA responded, adding he won't be waiting around for that call.

"In the scheme of things, I still think he shouldn't have went on the sideline, but obviously nothing is going to come of it," Provetti told the newspaper. "And it's better to forget about it and not incite it anymore."

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Oh no! Your fat kids hat fell off! He's going to be scarred for life!

A player who hit a game winning shot was celebrating and your fat kid was in the way. If you're scared of the players acting like animals then you shouldnt be sitting in court side seats.

This is so stupid, I can't believe this is such a big deal.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They grow 'em real tough down there I see. :rolleyes:

Serioulsy, most kids would be excited about being pushed by Big Baby, or any other BB player for that matter - AND NOT FALLING - and being seen on ESPN about a zillion times.

He actually did apologize though, here it is...

“I’m a big guy,” Davis said at the Celtics shoot-around prior to tonight’s Game 5 at TD Banknorth Garden. “Imagine if my emotions are going so wild, and if I’m running by somebody, I don’t feel them. If I’ve hurt anybody or if I’ve done any harm to anybody, please forgive me because my intentions were just harmless.

“I didn’t see the kid,” he continued. “I’m a big guy and I’m emotional. If I had seen him, I would have picked up, rubbed his head and tried to make him feel better. I’m a big guy guy. I’m just sorry if I hurt anyone.”

That dad really did overreact though....

I thought this was so stupid, I didn't even want this crap posted in here.

I thought this was so stupid, I didn't even want this crap posted in here.

Dont worry... the guy has only been a fan for a year.

6a00d83451c3cb69e201156f8a14ee970c-800wi

"The NBA makes it clear to not cross the sideline," he said in a telephone interview. "If I cross that line, the NBA will take away my tickets. It's a double standard."

Interestingly enough, Provetti said he was a huge Boston Celtics fan before moving to Orlando from New Jersey last year. He said Doc Rivers and Ray Allen are class acts, but thinks the NBA's overall image is becoming more thuggish.

He planned on going to Boston for Game 7, but thinks otherwise since his facebook was flooded with nasty e-mails on Monday.

Provetti, a New Jersey native who moved to Orlando a year ago according to the Sentinel report, said he used to be a Celtics fan because he enjoyed watching Boston coach Doc Rivers when he played for the Knicks.

So let me get this straight. Provetti was a Knicks fan, then a Celtics fan (because of Doc), and now a Magic fan?

Why didn't he stay with the Celtics after he moved to Orlando? He certainly wasn't cheering for the Celtics on Sunday night.

I think I speak for all fans when I say this is the kind of d-bag you do not want associated with your team. My condolences to JCB92387.

LOL @ the king of all morons calling someone else stupid. I bet Gainzo even finds that funny too.

Onto the game...

They lost this game the same exact way they always lose games, they lack killer instinct, and because they lack it, it's basically what separates them from Boston, Los Angeles, and Cleveland. The calls near the end were brutal, am I crying about it? No, I am thinking of Thursday game, but I know now we've got no chance to win, because we have no killer instinct to put team away that we've got obviously better talent then at the moment, we let bums like Stephon Marbury hit shots late in the game.

It's sort of like SVG said, we stopped playing with about 4 minutes to go in the game, and tried to run out the clock, and also like he said, 4 minutes in basketball is like a century.

So let me get this straight. Provetti was a Knicks fan, then a Celtics fan (because of Doc), and now a Magic fan?

Why didn't he stay with the Celtics after he moved to Orlando? He certainly wasn't cheering for the Celtics on Sunday night.

I think I speak for all fans when I say this is the kind of d-bag you do not want associated with your team. My condolences to JCB92387.

Every teams in every sports has them, hell, we even have one on this own site that roots for Boston. The idiot my last response was directed to.

Every teams in every sports has them, hell, we even have one on this own site that roots for Boston. The idiot my last response was directed to.

You know I have no patience for Blackout. You and I can actually have a civil conversation before or after a game. Others just want to talk smack.

What are the calls (or lack of) at the end of the game that SVG was talking about?

You know I have no patience for Blackout. You and I can actually have a civil conversation before or after a game. Others just want to talk smack.

What are the calls (or lack of) at the end of the game that SVG was talking about?

Well one in particular that irritated me was when Hedo was driving, and I think the Magic were down 1, and there was no call. That is really the only call I think that should irritate SVG, other then that, the blame all goes toward the players, and the coaching staff for getting a game that should have been over that close in the end.

Oh and that bullcrap call where they said the ball hit the rim.

Well one in particular that irritated me was when Hedo was driving, and I think the Magic were down 1, and there was no call. That is really the only call I think that should irritate SVG, other then that, the blame all goes toward the players, and the coaching staff for getting a game that should have been over that close in the end.

The rim thing was odd as I thought it was an air ball. Unless the refs have better replay than TNT I cant see how they overturned that call.

Bring on Game 6 in Orlando!

Are we in your brain cell area? You know it's bad when Gainzo, the only true Celtics fan on this site that I normally talk to thinks your an idiot.

He's not the only true Celtics fan. I grew up in Worcester, Massachusetts and have loved the Celtics my whole life.

The ball DID hit the rim. Looking at it in slow motion, you can see it nip the rim and change direction a bit. There's no dispute....

That was bad. Is that reviewable by the refs like the last second shot?

The NBA referees suck. They either slow the game down and make it unwatchable like the Mavs/Nuggets or are inconsistent in their calling of fouls.

Imagine if they were like the NFL refs and only did this part time. :confused:

Like I said, Clown College, there is not one other school that would take an idiot like him. Maybe there is one more...

Farmers University of Central Kentucky.... lol

sounds like jealousy. clown college LOL

HOW ABOUT THE MAGIC

Orlando is clearly not a team that can win it all. When a team is down you have to make sure they stay down. I think Orlando is going to get better next year when they realize they have a great center.

Orlando is clearly not a team that can win it all. When a team is down you have to make sure they stay down. I think Orlando is going to get better next year when they realize they have a great center.

all they need is a real coach, and a healthy Jameer Nelson.

however, Boston WITHOUT K.G. or Leon Powe is able to AT THE LEAST take them to 7 games....that's just poor coaching

Rajon Rondo is owning Rafer Alston all series too....then again Rondo is a legit stud so nobody is shocked.

Archived