The Official Orlando Magic 2008-2009 Thread

InstantClassic

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would I be insulted by you calling me Bizkit? Limp Bizkit is one of my favorite bands, and i realize they're a hated band, but I don't care. Don't see why calling me Bizkit would offend me.

I'm not in anyway trying to insult you.

You don't think he'll be unhappy backing up Nelson? He hasn't responded well him coming back to say the least.

Of course he's not going to respond well. The Magic did this horribly by bringing Jameer back, when the guy is nowhere near ready to be out there. The guy is still going to get 6th man type of minutes as a backup to Jameer. Earlier in the season, when Skip was first picked up, the Magic had said they had plans to have at times Skip, and Jameer on the court at the same time during next season. He'll be back, trust me.

Of course he's not going to respond well. The Magic did this horribly by bringing Jameer back, when the guy is nowhere near ready to be out there. The guy is still going to get 6th man type of minutes as a backup to Jameer. Earlier in the season, when Skip was first picked up, the Magic had said they had plans to have at times Skip, and Jameer on the court at the same time during next season. He'll be back, trust me.

Yup, I was saying all along that bringing him back would be a bad move. No need to disrupt what they had going on. I think he's an important player for you guys, it should be interesting to see what happens.

So here's where you're hiding tonite. :rl:

Poor execution down the stretch. If Orlando doesn't come out aggressive to start the second half I fear the worst.

And seeing quite a bit of yellow in the crowd tonight...barf.

Sad Orlando "fans" quick to make a buck.

Let's Go Magic!!

Fear the worst James. :biggrin:

Unlucky Magic fans.

You guys have a good young team and IMO you are and were the best in the East regardless of whether Kevin Garnett was healthy. Howard's going to keep getting better and the Magic are going to improve. You guys just got beaten by a great Lakers team.

You should change the name of this topic, and make it the official Orlando Magic thread, not 2008-2009, so we don't have to make another thread again next year. When the Magic make their moves in the offseason, you, and me could just post it in here.

Great season Orlando Magic, I'm sure of it... this team will be back!

This really upsets me. We have to keep the core of this team though (Jameer, Dwight, and Rashard). Pietrus really emerged in the playoffs, but he's no way near as good as Turkoglu, and he's not the ball handler/Passer that Hedo is either. I'm still hoping he comes back, but if he doesn't that most likely means Gortat will be back then.

lol... I just saw a crazy ass trade on Orlandomagiczone. Something that would involve Rashard Lewis going to Miami for Dwayne Wade.

I'm sorry but Dwight Howard, and Dwayne Wade on the same team would just not be fair to the other teams. Wade seems to be a guy who doesn't share Shaq's opinion of SVG though, and he believes he's a great coach. I know that this will probably never happen though.

lol... I just saw a crazy ass trade on Orlandomagiczone. Something that would involve Rashard Lewis going to Miami for Dwayne Wade.

I'm sorry but Dwight Howard, and Dwayne Wade on the same team would just not be fair to the other teams. Wade seems to be a guy who doesn't share Shaq's opinion of SVG though, and he believes he's a great coach. I know that this will probably never happen though.

Yup, everybody else should just turn in they're chips. :roll:

Yup, everybody else should just turn in they're chips. :roll:

Would you like to face a team next season that includes Jameer, Wade, and Dwight Howard? All players are in their primes, and the way Jameer emerged into an all star last year, it really isn't fair.

Do me a favor, beg for Wade to someday end up on the same team as Jameer, and Dwight, so you could watch your team get killed by them... lol

Man...I would love for the Magic to go get Ron Artest this off-season and let Hedo walk.

I want a true power forward. Carlos Boozer is a free agent, someone similar to him. I wouldn't mind us doing a sign and trade with Hedo Turkoglu, maybe Phoenix, or Toronto for Bosh, or Amare. Put Rafer Alston in the trade as well, and we'd have a team of:

PG Jameer

SG Lee

SF Shard

PF Amare/Bosh

C Dwight

That would keep us ahead of Boston, and Cleveland easily.

Here are some people I think the Magic should look into, I know I would love to have someone like Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudamire, or David Lee, but that is what it is, a pipe dream. The type of guys we should look at more for the Power Forward position is Brandon Bass for the MLE, or some of it, or/and Antonio McDyess for the Vet Min. Or Sheed as well, if he realizes he isn't worth 8 mil anymore.

We may have to trade Rafer Alston, since he probably won't want to be the backup to Jameer Nelson. Maybe a sign & trade in a deal with Marcin Gortat, what we get in return, I really don't have a clue. Maybe a reliable point guard who wont be a baby behind Jameer.

First things first, lets bring Hedo back, especially since that pipe dream probably has a zero percent chance of happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived