The Official Orlando Magic 2008-2009 Thread

InstantClassic

JCB...that's exactly what I was thinking (about letting LeBron get the inbounding pass). If I were a Magic fan, I would want them to lock LBJ up with 2 men (even though that may not have been enough). Either LeBron shoots a really tough contested shot, with 2 men in his face, or someone like Zydrunas Ilgauskus gets an open look. I would rather Ilgauskus shoot the open shot at then end, if I were a Magic fan.

LeBron is really almost unguardable, but ORL could have done a better job. You really can't complain that much, cause that's what the great ones do.

I'm not irritated with him making the shot, I'm irritated with the lack of effort to defend him to make the guy throwing the ball in, throw elsewhere. It's like the players on the Magic didn't really care to stop him, because they figured oh there is one second left, game is basically over, so who cares. That's kind of what the mentality I thought they showed on that last second.

There's nothing me, or any other Magic fan can do about him making that shot, it's in the past right now. We've got home court, and even though we had a shot to take a huge 2 to nothing lead, we've still got home court, and have a very good chance of taking a 3 to 1 lead now. Just got to defend the ORena and the team will eventually advance... lol

I still feel very confident after hanging with a team that went 39-2 on their court, and not only taking 1 from them, but almost taking a second as well, even before taking this series to Orlando. I feel bad for anyone that thinks the momentum has changed towards Cleveland. They can't even hold 20 point leads on their own court, what exactly kind of momentum do they have? LOL

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Orlando takes Game 3 and Cleveland takes G4. That's where it really gets interesting.

After what the Magic did to Cleveland on their court, I honestly don't think Cleveland has a chance to win any games whatsoever on Orlando's court. Especially with what the Magic did to them the last time they were in Orlando.

After what the Magic did to Cleveland on their court, I honestly don't think Cleveland has a chance to win any games whatsoever on Orlando's court. Especially with what the Magic did to them the last time they were in Orlando.

We'll see. I strongly disagree.

Ecurb, you've got to keep in mind that the refs are obviously on the Cavaliers side in these games. In Orlando, I am pretty sure we'll be winning game 3, but game 4 might be a hell of a lot like game 4 from the Boston series. If the refs let the basketball teams play the Magic would have beaten the crap out of the Cavs both times, easily, but you just have to face it that nearly everyone wants to see a Lebron-Kobe series, even though both the Magic, and Nuggets are clearly the better teams in both series.

Didn't seem to have much impact on the refs in the Lakers game.

What an amazing time.

The crowd was hot from the jump and really was the 6th man last night.

It's a shame the Magic had to beat the Lebrons and the refs...that was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. It's really embarrassing for the league.

If I performed my job that way I would be fired.

Did you see the play where Howard fouled out? It was laughable.

If you so much as breathe on LeBron it's a foul.

The same can't be said for Kobe, who was getting a beat down from the Nuggets. He got to the line a lot but he should have been there a lot more.

Did you see the play where Howard fouled out? It was laughable.

If you so much as breathe on LeBron it's a foul.

The same can't be said for Kobe, who was getting a beat down from the Nuggets. He got to the line a lot but he should have been there a lot more.

It's awful.

I was in the corner of the basket on which Lebron would have taken the shot and Howard got ALL ball. The crowd was hot on the refs all night but that took the cake.

It's awful.

I was in the corner of the basket on which Lebron would have taken the shot and Howard got ALL ball. The crowd was hot on the refs all night but that took the cake.

Yup, it's a joke.

The Magic are clearly the better team although that may not be enough if the refs keep this up.

Howard was immense for you guys yesterday. Knocking down those free throws was huge.

BTW..little tidbit from the game.

Lebron's arrogance is sickening.

The crowd was on his ass all night..from the jump when he taunted the crowd with his gay baby powder throwing stunt.

When Mo Williams went down with the injury..LBJ stayed by him during the Cavs timeout.

The Magic Dancers are doing their thing...and in the middle of the routine that douchebag walks right through the dance routine like his **** doesn't stink. I've never seen 20,000 people erupt in to boos so quickly after he did that.

That entire Cavaliers team is arrogant though. When something doesn't go their way, they cry about it, see Anderson Varaflop. Mo Williams missed the all star game over Jameer Nelson, and he got injured, and basically he cried his way to get on the team, even though he obviously wasn't good enough to be on the all star team. Now this guy is saying the Magic have no chance of winning this series, and just recently I read he basically guaranteed a Cavs win of game 4, and the entire series. Everything that guy says just makes me laugh though.

Speaking of flopping, and being a great acting job, Ben Wallace did pretty good in that category last night as well. A former one of the greatest defenders of this era is even a flopper now... lol

Cleveland, I honestly just don't think they're as good as that record advertises. The refs help them, they have a horrible record against the Lakers, Celtics, and Magic. If the games were officiated fairly the Cavaliers would be lucky to be a 50 win team in my opinion. I mean come on look at the players they've got next to Lebron.

Z

Varejao? seriously this guy is good?

Mo Williams is a star in his own mind

Delonte West, i think he's the best player next to Lebron

Ben Wallace? Time to retire, buddy...

Wally? Seriously, who names their kid Wally? Next your gonna find out he has a brother named Beaver.

They just aren't as good as their record says, and if games were officiated fairly they would be equals to the Miami Heat. I still say it, that broken down Celtics team, scared the crap out of me more then this healthy Cavaliers team.

What do you guys make of the rumours that Jameer Nelson may return at some point in the finals?

Personally, I think he's been healthy enough to play since sometime during the Boston series, or early Cleveland series. If he plays, it's huge, I don't think it would be too smart for him to start the games though. Putting him on the bench with Pietrus would be killer. The only thing that worries me is what if he re-injures himself, and end up like the way Agent Zero is right now. That would be horrible, I would love to see him playing in this series though.

12 years later, the Orlando Magic get the matchup with the team that basically stole 3 championships from our franchise. It's time to win it all!

Congrats JCB. Make the Eastern Conference proud. Still can't believe Game 1 isn't until Thursday. WTF is up with that?

Congrats JCB. Make the Eastern Conference proud. Still can't believe Game 1 isn't until Thursday. WTF is up with that?

****ing ridiculous wait.

I'm even more pissed that it comes the day before my exam so I can't stay up and watch it.

Thanks for the congrats, the scheduling does suck though. Kind of comparable to game 7 of the Magic-Celtics series, they waited an extra day. The only thing good about it is I can enjoy myself and watch some Yankees baseball, as they continue to take a larger lead on your Red Sox's... LOL

Thanks for the congrats, the scheduling does suck though. Kind of comparable to game 7 of the Magic-Celtics series, they waited an extra day. The only thing good about it is I can enjoy myself and watch some Yankees baseball, as they continue to take a larger lead on your Red Sox's... LOL

I was trying to be nice you bastard. :P

Seriously, all the best for the Finals.

Archived