would you take a CB in round 1?

Jetkid94

lets say vontae davis is still there would you take him? saying we get rex ryan he loves to blitz, so if you pressure the QB and he has to throw to Davis and Revis our defense could be great. But also we could go Tyson Jackson DE to apply the pressure, but I just think Ryan can get the pressure with what we have but adding a revis2.0 back there can give us a hell of a secondary plus a pretty good pass rush. I dont think Ryan would go WR in round 1 because of his defensive minded mentality and the fact he may want to have an Ed Reed type of player and those odds go up with revis, and davis back there. therefore we would go WR in round 2.

thoughts?

YES !

like you said, if you pressure and can't cover, you give up big plays

he needs to be;

fast

smart

tough

we have a good sized guy in revis, so he doesn't need to be big, imho

or we could go Rashad Johnson FS in round 1 and sign jabari greer or Mcfadden to play CB. But I think Davis has better potential.

or we could go Rashad Johnson FS in round 1 and sign jabari greer or Mcfadden to play CB. But I think Davis has better potential.

I don't know much about Davis, but I'll keep an eye on him

I don't think we're spending any $ this offseason, it's going to be a big draft year for the JETS

It would be hard to pay another CB what Revis is getting. I would think the Jets go to another defensive position other then CB. I would be looking at ILB Brandon Spikes or DE Greg Hardy

spikes is staying in college, if he wasent that who I want. I dont see us getting a DE bc if we get Rex or Spags they might move Gholston to DE(where he belongs). I think we get offesne lineman or WR in 1st round

Spikes is staying and the other LB are probably going to be gone by the time we pick. I'm hesitant to have that much money sunk into 1 position. It's just not done in the NFL. I've never seen a team draft two 1st round CB in such a short period of time, it opens you up to a lot of infighting over who is the better corner. At this point both LB that would fit will be gone, none of the WR that will be left are enough to scare an opposing D, it would be too early to take a 3-4 DE, I say trade down or grab a gamebreaking RB like Wells, Moreno or McCoy.

He'd have to be the BPA by a significant margin. All things being equal, we can find a solid corner later in the draft. We already have a #1 in Revis so its not like we need an absolute stud starting opposite. Starting CBs can be found after the 1st round. We have more pressing needs on the defense and offense than a #2 CB, even though it is some what of a need.

He'd have to be the BPA by a significant margin. All things being equal, we can find a solid corner later in the draft. We already have a #1 in Revis so its not like we need an absolute stud starting opposite. Starting CBs can be found after the 1st round. We have more pressing needs on the defense and offense than a #2 CB, even though it is some what of a need.

A rookie CB that is not an absolute stud is not a starter. I see our main needs as ILB, WR, and secondary. I don't want to hear any bull**** about "combine warriors" because we need blazing speed at each spot. I think we'll be looking carefully at the times these guys run. CBs that "play faster than their 40" are victimized. See Dwight Lowery. The teams main need is speed. We need a punter too, but I'm not drafting one on the first day and probably not the second either.

watching the ravens defense made one thing very clear;

if you pressure, but can't cover, you just give up big plays

we really need a CB. maybe not rd 1, but no later than rd 2

and adding a S in rds 3-4 would be nice as well

oh, and our LB's can't cover anyone either

Archived