Joba Chamberlain

Blackout

Perhaps if the Mets had done that early on with Nolan Ryan, you would have had your second HOF pitcher.

Ryans problem wasn't pitch counts. He actually worked out of teh pen in the beginning of his career.

He had problems with blisters, but not arm problems.

the Mets got frustrated with his lack of control, and had an unhealthy obsession with Jim Fregosi and filling a 3rd base hole.

Your post makes no sense to what the reality was, and what Joba's situation is.

Ryans problem wasn't pitch counts. He actually worked out of teh pen in the beginning of his career.

He had problems with blisters, but not arm problems.

the Mets got frustrated with his lack of control, and had an unhealthy obsession with Jim Fregosi and filling a 3rd base hole.

Your post makes no sense to what the reality was, and what Joba's situation is.

No, my post makes sense if you remember the situation. Not google it like you probably did. Ryan was wild and the Mets basically gave up on him. Good thing the Dodgers didn't do that with Koufax who had the same problem...but, you're the expert chief.

They didn't have a meter on pitch counts back in those days...Mets, just didn't have the patience.

No, my post makes sense if you remember the situation. Not google it like you probably did. Ryan was wild and the Mets basically gave up on him. Good thing the Dodgers didn't do that with Koufax who had the same problem...but, you're the expert chief.

They didn't have a meter on pitch counts back in those days...Mets, just didn't have the patience.

Exactly how does this relate to Joba again?

Ryan was wild, it had nothing to do with injury or limiting his pitches.

Exactly how does this relate to Joba again?

Ryan was wild, it had nothing to do with injury or limiting his pitches.

It's called letting him grow into his starting role. Whether it's because of injuries, innings pitched or whatever it takes with a young pitcher...it's an easy concept to understand Scotty...really it is. David Clyde of the Texas Rangers in another fine example. Hey, if you don't agree with my opinion (as usual)...don't get yourself too worked up...like I've told you before. Don't concern yourself with the Yanks...you have your own problems with your Mets.

It's called letting him grow into his starting role. Whether it's because of injuries, innings pitched or whatever it takes with a young pitcher...it's an easy concept to understand Scotty...really it is. David Clyde of the Texas Rangers in another fine example. Hey, if you don't agree with my opinion (as usual)...don't get yourself too worked up...like I've told you before. Don't concern yourself with the Yanks...you have your own problems with your Mets.

Ryan never had an arm injury with the Mets, Joba has with the Yankees. Ryan pitched 134 innings his first full year with the Mets at the age of 21. he was a spot starter and used out of the bullpen.

The Mets traded Ryan because they felt they had wealth at the position, they were perplexed by his control, and wanted positional players in return.

In hindsight, a poor decision.

Your point makes little sense to what I originally posted.

David Clyde was drafted straight out of high school and started in the. How that relates to Joba, I have no idea.

Ryan never had an arm injury with the Mets, Joba has with the Yankees. Ryan pitched 134 innings his first full year with the Mets at the age of 21. he was a spot starter and used out of the bullpen.

The Mets traded Ryan because they felt they had wealth at the position, they were perplexed by his control, and wanted positional players in return.

In hindsight, a poor decision.

Your point makes little sense to what I originally posted.

David Clyde was drafted straight out of high school and started in the. How that relates to Joba, I have no idea.

It's kinda like I feel when I post something and you completely ignore the facts...get use to it...I'm beginning to understand the rules you play by. It's called I don't care what you just posted, my opinion is what matters.

It was like that Jim Rice argument and you had to inject something about how Yankee fans seem to be the only fans objecting to his election. Instead of saying to yourself, hey NS is old enough to remember this guy playing and he doesn't need to google this guy like most on this forum did. But again, you know it all.

It's kinda like I feel when I post something and you completely ignore the facts...get use to it...I'm beginning to understand the rules you play by. It's called I don't care what you just posted, my opinion is what matters.

It was like that Jim Rice argument and you had to inject something about how Yankee fans seem to be the only fans objecting to his election. Instead of saying to yourself, hey NS is old enough to remember this guy playing and he doesn't need to google this guy like most on this forum did. But again, you know it all.

Congrats on living life long.

You are so much better and smarter than the rest of us.

Congrats on living life long.

You are so much better and smarter than the rest of us.

See, there you go being a wise ass again. It would be like me debating my dad or someone that lived during the Joe DiMaggio period (who I never saw play and only relied on what I read) and me saying Willie Mays and Mickey Mantle were better...and they would tell me you never saw Joe D play.

Anyway Scotty, are we done with this thread as well? Or do you still want to keep stirring the pot with your little jabs that think will get under my skin?

One day, if you live life long enough, you'll come across someone like yourself who will know all the answers to things that you lived through...what goes around comes around. Maybe he'll even tell you your skin is thin...:rolleyes:

See, there you go being a wise ass again. It would be like me debating my dad or someone that lived during the Joe DiMaggio period (who I never saw play and only relied on what I read) and me saying Willie Mays and Mickey Mantle were better...and they would tell me you never saw Joe D play.

Anyway Scotty, are we done with this thread as well? Or do you still want to keep stirring the pot with your little jabs that think will get under my skin?

One day, if you live life long enough, you'll come across someone like yourself who will know all the answers to things that you lived through...what goes around comes around. Maybe he'll even tell you your skin is thin...:rolleyes:

I lived through N0lan Ryan and David Clyde, so again, your point is without basis.

It would be great to "spar" with you, but in order to do that, both of us would need to have a point.

You didn't this time.

Joba has injury history (my original point), Ryan never did with the mets, at least to the mechanics of his arm

I lived through N0lan Ryan and David Clyde, so again, your point is without basis.

It would be great to "spar" with you, but in order to do that, both of us would need to have a point.

You didn't this time.

Joba has injury history (my original point), Ryan never did with the mets, at least to the mechanics of his arm

Okay, that was your point. My point was to consider all points and roll them into one and stating a team needs to bring a young pitcher around slowly.

You only want to focus on your point...Joba and his injury.

I think Joba should go back to the pen. They have enough talent in the rotation. Lock down the 8th inning.

agreed, lock down the Pen, we can find a #5 guy from some of the young talent we have. CC, AJ, and Wang are a rock solid front three .

Okay, that was your point. My point was to consider all points and roll them into one and stating a team needs to bring a young pitcher around slowly.

You only want to focus on your point...Joba and his injury.

Every pitcher and every arm is different.

Right now, Joba has a history of arm injuries and is limited in innings (I understand why).

If that makes him "the man" to Blackouts original point, so be it.

I prefer my guys to be more solid in history. To each his own

Every pitcher and every arm is different.

Right now, Joba has a history of arm injuries and is limited in innings (I understand why).

If that makes him "the man" to Blackouts original point, so be it.

I prefer my guys to be more solid in history. To each his own

You don't believe a word of what you typed. Not a word of it.

lol at the freaking Red Sox and Mets trolls.

Joba can't handle bugs like Youk can't handle a 99 mph fastball up and in. I can't wait to see his lower lip quivering again. :)

Not to mention you have your own problems to worry about. Brad Penny is a fatass with diminished velocity, John Smoltz is a 42 year old coming off of shoulder surgery.

Mets fans two words: Scott Kazmir

Oh, and worry about whether or not you can get back Ollie Perez (lol)

Can anyone answer this?

Joba is the man when it comes to getting busted for DWI.

You're being such a prick that if it was in real life you would probably have been punched in the face already. I'm not threatening you or anything. I'm not that guy. I'm not even saying I would punch you. Again, I'm not that guy. But, In my circle of friends I know of at least 3 people who would have decked you for being a prick on purpose and for no other reason than to be a prick.

You're being such a prick that if it was in real life you would probably have been punched in the face already. I'm not threatening you or anything. I'm not that guy. I'm not even saying I would punch you. Again, I'm not that guy. But, In my circle of friends I know of at least 3 people who would have decked you for being a prick on purpose and for no other reason than to be a prick.

Your friends must be "hardcore"

Archived