HC Rex Ryan to turn Gholston into the next "Suggs"!

villain_the_foe

Quoted: Per Jet 10am press conference when asked about Vernon Gholston.

He talked about how people looked at Suggs as a bust in Baltimore (though I can't really remember that) and when he began coaching him he became the player that he is today. He said that he's looking forward to working with and teaching Gholston how to get to his Zenith.

Bottomline, I believe him (Ryan). If Gholston puts in the effort and time then I believe with his natural physical ability he will be unstoppable, he just needs to change his attitude towards the game IMO. The New York City Jets are on their way to see the President...in other words, we will go and WIN the SuperBowl....per Rex Ryan!

I like this guy!

Oh, side question. I doubt he'll keep Favre. Do you think we'll pick up Ray Lewis? With Gholston taking pointers from Lawrence Talyor this off season and every linebacker taking notes from Ray Lews persay, with Rex at HC. This team will be a problem.

Easy. He didn't say that he was going to turn Gholston into a Pro Bowler like you're saying he did.

But he did say that in Suggs rookie year (when he was the DLine coach) they had Suggs working with the LBs and he wasn't fully getting it and he was already being called a bust. He said he begged to work with him and they finally let him to which he said, "Geesh, it is about time." And with Suggs hard work it all began to click for him and that he now is so much more than just a pass rusher, but he is great against the run also.

He just compared the situations. He didn't make any promises about VG.

nice line..."AFCE ChAMPS!!"

you guys still got blown out in the first round....so you got a late draft pick for nothing.

actually it was quite a year for me as a fins fan...that last game in NY...i flew up for the game ( My first away game) and got to watch my FINS beat up on the team i hate the most in this world to capture an AFC EAST CHAMPIONSHIP and playoff birth all while completing the biggest turnaround in a single season in NFL history...it was great celebrating in front of the jets fans. Yes we did lose the following week to a team that was clearly superior to us...we still have a lot of work to do to get to SB level. But i do know one thing...you have no shot at making the SB if you don't go to the playoffs...so i'll take the 1 in 12 shot over your zero anyday.

actually it was quite a year for me as a fins fan...that last game in NY...i flew up for the game ( My first away game) and got to watch my FINS beat up on the team i hate the most in this world to capture an AFC EAST CHAMPIONSHIP and playoff birth all while completing the biggest turnaround in a single season in NFL history...it was great celebrating in front of the jets fans. Yes we did lose the following week to a team that was clearly superior to us...we still have a lot of work to do to get to SB level. But i do know one thing...you have no shot at making the SB if you don't go to the playoffs...so i'll take the 1 in 12 shot over your zero anyday.

Why is every thread hijacked by these mindless wonders?

you still got blown out in the first round.

the jets are gonna win the superbowl...:bwahaharoll:

i don't get what you find so funny. i mean it's been like 35 years since your team won one...not too far off form where we're at. i mean c'mon dude...you finally make the play-offs after like a 6 year sabatical and get embarassed in the first round and you think that's something to gloat about? plus your team has the gayest uniforms on earth.

i don't get what you find so funny. i mean it's been like 35 years since your team won one...not too far off form where we're at. i mean c'mon dude...you finally make the play-offs after like a 6 year sabatical and get embarassed in the first round and you think that's something to gloat about? plus your team has the gayest uniforms on earth.

but they won THE DIVISION.. THE FREAKING DIVISION! they have to be a great team:rolleyes:

WHAT!!?!?!? You don't find the dolphin on our helmet intmidating?!?!?!? Aqua is a hardcore color dude. Not quite sure how old you are but i will assume you were not alive in 69 or even if you were not old enough to apreciate a SB...but you and I my friend may never watch either one of our teams win a SB in our lifetime......but were closer to acheving that right now than you.

WHAT!!?!?!? You don't find the dolphin on our helmet intmidating?!?!?!? Aqua is a hardcore color dude. Not quite sure how old you are but i will assume you were not alive in 69 or even if you were not old enough to apreciate a SB...but you and I my friend may never watch either one of our teams win a SB in our lifetime......but were closer to acheving that right now than you.

how how how how how??? please explain to me how you guys have more talent and after today better coaching? you barely got by an easy schedule. have fun with this years schedule.

the jets are gonna win the superbowl...:bwahaharoll:

You don't realize how stupid you look, do you?

The Fins won the division because Brady got hurt and the Jets pulled a Mets, and then your team embarrasses themselves on national TV at home.

Now what do you get for that?

1. A tougher schedule

2. Lower draft pick

3. The albatros of Chad Pennington as your starting QB

By the way, when was the last time the Fins won the SB?

There's a saying: Keep quiet and people will think you're stupid, open you're mouth and they'll know. Everyone knows about you right now.

Jesus Christ, you really can't be that naive can you? What makes you think you are closer? You lost in the FIRST ROUND @ HOME. You guys won't do it again next year, watch.

how exactly are you closer than us? we're all 0-0 man. and your qb will never, ever take you any further than he took you this year. hec an't win in a shoot-out cause he has zero big-play ability...and he can't beat a good defense, especially not in the cold. enjoy 3 or 4 years more of "almost-but-not-quite-" football until noodle arm is finally supplanted. and then who knows from there, but your boy tuna won't be around that long either way. if he even makes it to this season.

You don't realize how stupid you look, do you?

The Fins won the division because Brady got hurt and the Jets pulled a Mets, and then your team embarrasses themselves on national TV at home.

Now what do you get for that?

1. A tougher schedule

2. Lower draft pick

3. The albatros of Chad Pennington as your starting QB

By the way, when was the last time the Fins won the SB?

There's a saying: Keep quiet and people will think you're stupid, open you're mouth and they'll know. Everyone knows about you right now.

2 biggest reasons why they won't win 6 next year.

wow i thought division titles might mean a little more to you guys since you have like only...4 in what like 49 yrs.

division titles mean nothing. only thing that really matters is getting to the big dance. if your team made the championship game i might give them some respect.....but all they mangaed to do was get blown out at home. and the reason that happened is the same thing that jets fans have been trying to tell all you dolphags in the first place. chad pennington blows and will do nothing but hold your franchise back.

division titles mean nothing. only thing that really matters is getting to the big dance. if your team made the championship game i might give them some respect.....but all they mangaed to do was get blown out at home. and the reason that happened is the same thing that jets fans have been trying to tell all you dolphags in the first place. chad pennington blows and will do nothing but hold your franchise back.

In defense to Chad he is not exactly throwing to a star studded cast of wideouts to say the least...

wow i thought division titles might mean a little more to you guys since you have like only...4 in what like 49 yrs.

where have your division titles taken you? yes a division title is nice to have because you can get a nice shirt and hat, but if you get blown out in the playoffs it means nothing.

Is Dolphan4life turning into the new TX (i.e. hijacking every single thread whether it has to do with his team or not and completely derailing the topic)?

I think Gholston can be turned around not only because he was a rookie last year, but because he was completely mismanaged by the coaching staff (coming to think about it, excpet for Jenkins, you could make that argument for the entire defense). That being said, it will take commitment on Gholston's part as well. He has to want to be great and committed to it.

Besides Ginn who obviously a top pick in the draft the other 3 wideouts Camirillo,Bess and London were all undarfted and have barely any experience jerk-off...but were good enough to beat you.

The guy can't stretch the field, doesn't matter what WR you have. Didn't you watch your one playoff game? in Miami, with great weather? Yes, you guys FINALLY split a season series with us, FINALLY.

The guy can't stretch the field, doesn't matter what WR you have. Didn't you watch your one playoff game? in Miami, with great weather? Yes, you guys FINALLY split a season series with us, FINALLY.

Yes i agree...we finally did. I think thtas what makes this last year so great...beatign the Jets has been a rare thign for us and it'sno seceret we can't stand you so it makes life here more pleasant...can't you understand that??lol

Yes i agree...we finally did. I think thtas what makes this last year so great...beatign the Jets has been a rare thign for us and it'sno seceret we can't stand you so it makes life here more pleasant...can't you understand that??lol

I can't understand why you in a Jets board, posting non-sense in a Gholston thread. I admit I bit and feed the lil dolphag trolls, sorry guys. You just remind me of too many 'fans' around here.

Archived