Jets need T.J.

Blackout

TJ is good but getting up there, Boldin is good but hurt a lot, getting them is one thing, but then what do we do with Coles. We could use the draft pick it would cost us to get Boldin a lot better and Bryant is younger and would be cheaper than TJ.

TJ is good but getting up there, Boldin is good but hurt a lot, getting them is one thing, but then what do we do with Coles. We could use the draft pick it would cost us to get Boldin a lot better and Bryant is younger and would be cheaper than TJ.

Given that we're not going to be spending "top 10" draft pick money this year. I think I would like our chances drafting a WR this year. It seems like we have alot of talent coming out this year. Damn, all that guaranteed money going to coles is really hurting this team right now. I hope Brett retires.

Best group ever???? better than the Lox?

I ask because I know every one of those guys there...great rappers, and Crooked I is sick on the freestyling tip, but chemistry wise....are they really ****ing witht he lox as a group?

think about that question before you answer. I would love to know what you think.

Slaughterhouse has 3 tracks w/ all the members (that i know of?) and they are all fire. all 4 have chips on their shoulders (getting ****ed by labels from the past for example) but all 4 got fanbases. i'm not as big on Ortiz and Budden as i've been on Crook and Royce but they all like recording with eachother. the group started out from them just making one song and having such a good time competing on the best verse....that's pretty good chemistry.

the lox...eh.

my candidates for best establshished groups:

NWA

Geto Boyse

4 Horsemen (Canibus, Killah Priest, Raskass and Kurupt)

Wutang

Thug Life

W.C.

Gangstarr (does 1 emcee and 1 producer/dj count as a "group")

and ofcourse the Juice Crew (G Rap, Craig G, DAddy Kane etc)

Everyone seems to complain about us not having enough deep threat WRs or gamebreakers and that our starting WRs are too much of possession type guys. So why would we take another pure possession guy no matter how good? Especially considering we'd have to pay him long term at big money and he's getting up there in age.

He turns 32 in September and will bet getting slower not faster. His ypr has steadily gone down every single season for the past five years. He's a solid WR. He's a little better version of Coles who's 2" taller. Usually hovers around 1000 yards and 6-7 touchdowns. Sound familiar? His last TD over 50 yards was in 2004, against the Clowns, and it's the only one of his career. He's a possession guy, not a big-play guy.

I think people see a big game from a player here or there, on another team, and forget that there are games in between those that he's less impressive. Or more to the point, not markedly better than what we have. Most games, TJ gets about 50 yards.

This isn't a player who gets over 100 yards like a dozen times a year. More accurately, he has about a dozen 100 yards games in his whole 8-year career.

He's an excellent WR, but if the goal in swapping out Coles is to find a "true #1" then look elsewhere or keep Coles for 1 more year & draft someone else now who will take his place in 2010.

Archived