Peter King took a break from massaging Favre's testicles...

hoping4ASuperBowl

SI.com's Peter King said Monday on Pardon the Interruption that he firmly believes Brett Favre will retire this offseason.

King says Favre knows he can still play, but won't play if he can't play where he wants to play. King also said that Favre isn't willing to have doctor-recommended surgery on the torn biceps in his throwing arm he played through last year. The Jets will probably go with Kellen Clemens as their starter if Favre calls it quits. They could also bring in a high pick to push Brett Ratliff for the backup job. The free agent QB market isn't enticing.

SI.com's Peter King said Monday on Pardon the Interruption that he firmly believes Brett Favre will retire this offseason.

King says Favre knows he can still play, but won't play if he can't play where he wants to play. King also said that Favre isn't willing to have doctor-recommended surgery on the torn biceps in his throwing arm he played through last year. The Jets will probably go with Kellen Clemens as their starter if Favre calls it quits. They could also bring in a high pick to push Brett Ratliff for the backup job. The free agent QB market isn't enticing.

Hopefully, skunkhead is right about Favre. I don't have a problem starting out with Clemens as the default starter. But I am sure they will give Ratliff and possibly Ainge the chance to compete for it.

Was that even the injury he had? I dont think it was... :roll:

The thing is, if he doesn't get the surgery and doesn't call it quits, what 'percentage' of physical recovery at we looking at? If he opts out the of surgery, I'd agree it's probably a fair indicator he calls it quits, but what's the the 'if he doesn't get to play where wants thing ? Does he want to play for the Jets, or not? That was just a really weird read. Not shooting the messenger, of course, but we could probably all say roughly the same chit as King did here and make just as much sense. What did he really tell us? Maybe this, maybe that. No kidding.

Well, we just may have to see Favre cry AGAIN as he retires AGAIN. Last go 'round, I held my breath for a second. I honestly thought he was gonna pull a Jimmy Swaggart and blurt out, "I have sinned against you...!" Too bad. I was secretly hoping he would.

EDIT: Funny thread title, by the by. :)

Archived