Jets chances to land Ravens LBs increase

GFJET33

That's kinda the way I picture it. But also, Barton had a great year, and he's too valuable to not keep. I think keeping him around as a depth player and letting him rotate at ILB behind Harris and Scott is a good idea.

It'll be interesting to see what capacity Bryan Thomas has with us, I'd like to see how Ryan and Pettine feel about his strengths. This draft is so deep at the OLB/DE position that I wouldn't be surprised to see another OLB brought in through the draft to challenge Gholston for ROLB.

IMO, there is no way we draft someone to compete with Gholston for ROLB. There is too much money tied up right now in that position with Thomas and Gholston, and Gholston has nothing but potential, drafting someone to compete with him could damage the very little confidence he has right now.

What if we signed Suggs, kicked Pace inside with Gholston, and ran with a Gholston/Thomas tandem outside?

It'd give us 4 extremely athletic LBers, and if Gholston steps up his game we can have 5 pretty damn good ones...plus Trusnik...plus whoever we may draft or sign.

What if we signed Suggs, kicked Pace inside with Gholston, and ran with a Gholston/Thomas tandem outside?

It'd give us 4 extremely athletic LBers, and if Gholston steps up his game we can have 5 pretty damn good ones...plus Trusnik...plus whoever we may draft or sign.

Umm... I know Harris didn't have a standout season, but where do you have him on the depth chart? Special teams?

Internet GM isn't working for you... stick to delivering pizzas.

The Cat is back and I love his sig!!!

Umm... I know Harris didn't have a standout season, but where do you have him on the depth chart? Special teams?

Internet GM isn't working for you... stick to delivering pizzas.

My mistake:

Suggs - Pace - Harris - Gholston/Thomas.

Whats up, many people from old JI? TF happened to JI? I like...rejoined a while ago as Chica me Tipo and the place is beat. Nice to see JN moving up.

Bart Scott can go home. Scott's a good player who knows Ryan's system, but Suggs >>>> Scott.

My mistake:

Whats up, many people from old JI? TF happened to JI? I like...rejoined a while ago as Chica me Tipo and the place is beat. Nice to see JN moving up.

Bart Scott can go home. Scott's a good player who knows Ryan's system, but Suggs >>>> Scott.

What makes you think Pace will be able to make the switch to ILB?

My mistake:

JI? What's JI?

As far as your LB suggestions, I'm not sure Pace could play ILB as an every down player (situationally? absolutely). But even not considering that, there is absolutely NO chance Suggs hits FA this year. Worst case scenario, Ravens are just going to slap him with the franchise tag if they can't negotiate a long-term contract with him. Lewis MIGHT hit FA, but is likely to cost more than would be wise to pay him given his age. Scott on the other hand, is the most likely to leave Baltimore, cost the least and fit perfectly into the Jets need at ILB without having to move any current Jets players.

He's a good LBer. Vrabel did it for the Pats, and Pace is the kind of guy who can make the transition.

Is there any reason he can't?

He has the skillset of an edge rusher... not a coverage LB.. moving him inside will take away his biggest strength and expose him even further...

He has the skillset of an edge rusher... not a coverage LB.. moving him inside will take away his biggest strength and expose him even further...

He can rush the passer...but he does everything else well too. It's why we signed him.

Plus, 3-4 teams blitz their ILB too, and that just means we have 4 LBers who can rush the pass very well at all times. That can't be bad.

He can rush the passer...but he does everything else well too. It's why we signed him.

Plus, 3-4 teams blitz their ILB too, and that just means we have 4 LBers who can rush the pass very well at all times. That can't be bad.

He doesnt do everything else well... he cant cover and that would be a problem considering ILB's on the Ravens seemed to play a lot of zone coverage in the middle... thats why Ray Lewis was always around the ball to make plays in the passing game...

His strength and the one thing that changed him from a bust in Arizona to a playmaker here was making him an edge rusher at OLB... why would you want to take that away?

He doesnt do everything else well... he cant cover and that would be a problem considering ILB's on the Ravens seemed to play a lot of zone coverage in the middle... thats why Ray Lewis was always around the ball to make plays in the passing game...

His strength and the one thing that changed him from a bust in Arizona to a playmaker here was making him an edge rusher at OLB... why would you want to take that away?

He hasn't even had an 8 sack season. What made Pace stand out in Arizona was how complete of a player he was.

Yea, he looked bad in coverage last year, but doesn't the world believe that Mangini and Sutton were the guys holding back everyone?

I don't think Pace would have too difficult time at all. The 3-4 asks that it's LBers be LBers, and many guys moved around inside and outside and so on.

He hasn't even had an 8 sack season. What made Pace stand out in Arizona was how complete of a player he was.

Yea, he looked bad in coverage last year, but doesn't the world believe that Mangini and Sutton were the guys holding back everyone?

I don't think Pace would have too difficult time at all. The 3-4 asks that it's LBers be LBers, and many guys moved around inside and outside and so on.

He just isnt the right fit for ILB... the pats only moved Vrabel in when they absolutely HAD to... there is a reason for that... you dont take away someones strength... Pace was one of the few guys that Mangini had in the right spot... just too much of a ***** to blitz him enough...

Pace did a good job pressuring the QB in the first half of last year. Then Mangini lost his nuts.

He just isnt the right fit for ILB... the pats only moved Vrabel in when they absolutely HAD to... there is a reason for that... you dont take away someones strength... Pace was one of the few guys that Mangini had in the right spot... just too much of a ***** to blitz him enough...

I realize that he's a better fit at OLB...but he wouldn't suck at ILB and it wouldn't exactly hurt us to put him inside.

It didn't hurt the Ravens or Pats to use Thomas inside. It didn't hurt the Pats to use Vrabel inside.

It's just setting it up so that the best/most athletic and versatile players are on the field. Harris racked up 5 sacks as a rookie at ILB. Bart Scott has had a 9 sack season at ILB.

Why limit our guys when you don't have to?

Also, we could go after Scott or Karlos Dansby...I just think if we can get Suggs then we try and if we do we make room. I still think Pace could/would notch 5+ sacks at ILB.

I realize that he's a better fit at OLB...but he wouldn't suck at ILB and it wouldn't exactly hurt us to put him inside.

It didn't hurt the Ravens or Pats to use Thomas inside. It didn't hurt the Pats to use Vrabel inside.

It's just setting it up so that the best/most athletic and versatile players are on the field. Harris racked up 5 sacks as a rookie at ILB. Bart Scott has had a 9 sack season at ILB.

Why limit our guys when you don't have to?

Also, we could go after Scott or Karlos Dansby...I just think if we can get Suggs then we try and if we do we make room. I still think Pace could/would notch 5+ sacks at ILB.

Why not get Scott and leave Pace outside?

Thomas - Scott - Harris - Pace

Gholston

Gholston

Thomas sucks. I tried to have faith in this guy, but he's a turd. Some games he looks like a beas then you dont see him again for weeks.

I would love to get Suggs, cut Thomas and draft an ILB on the first day.

If we ended up just getting Scott, I would be very happy. He is a beast, but Suggs pass rushing ability is insane, he changes games. That said, I dont think we can sign Suggs. Bart Scott seems more likely.

If we end up with Bart, than we gotta hope that Rex gets the most out of Gholston to replace Thomas. Rex has already said he is looking forward to coaching him. And it would be a luxury to have Thomas and Bowens for depth.

Gholston

Because Suggs is better than Scott and Suggs - Pace - Harris - Thomas/Gholston would be better.

We'll probably see or at least be connected to Scott...but with Dansby and Suggs hitting FA I'd like to pretend the Jets will make that kind of kick*ss move.

Thomas sucks. I tried to have faith in this guy, but he's a turd. Some games he looks like a beas then you dont see him again for weeks.

I would love to get Suggs, cut Thomas and draft an ILB on the first day.

If we ended up just getting Scott, I would be very happy. He is a beast, but Suggs pass rushing ability is insane, he changes games. That said, I dont think we can sign Suggs. Bart Scott seems more likely.

If we end up with Bart, than we gotta hope that Rex gets the most out of Gholston to replace Thomas. Rex has already said he is looking forward to coaching him. And it would be a luxury to have Thomas and Bowens for depth.

I have faith that Rex will have Thomas/Gholston sharing time this season with Gholston slowly taking the job away from Thomas... doesnt say much I know... lol

I think people are missing the point here. Suggs is not an option and its not because the Jets can't afford it, its because he's not hitting free agency, period. They're still going to work to extend him prior to FA, but they've already made it clear that if it comes to it, they will franchise Suggs again this year. They are not letting him go, so unless the Jets think they can blow away the Ravens with a trade proposal, he's not going to be here.

I think people are missing the point here. Suggs is not an option and its not because the Jets can't afford it, its because he's not hitting free agency, period. They're still going to work to extend him prior to FA, but they've already made it clear that if it comes to it, they will franchise Suggs again this year. They are not letting him go, so unless the Jets think they can blow away the Ravens with a trade proposal, he's not going to be here.

Party-Pooper-Image.jpg

Archived