This may be the best Verducci book revelation

Scott Dierking

One of the most memorable parts of the book that hasn't made it out yet is a bizarre story about Roger Clemens, and how he prepared for starts.

The story comes courtesy of Yankee trainer Steve Donahue who told Verducci about what Roger Clemens did as part of his usual routine to get ready for facing the Mets in Game 2 of the 2000 World Series. Donahue said Clemens

Wasn't game 2 the game where Clemens cowardly threw the bat at Piazza when he was running down the line?

You know, your anti Yankee crap is getting old. That's all you seem to do...it's like the guy who couldn't land the pretty girlfriend and is jealous someone else has her.

I don't know of another poster in this forum that posts more anti Yankee things than positive things about their own team...maybe the pickings for you are slim for your team. Come to think of it, they are.

You know, your anti Yankee crap is getting old. That's all you seem to do...it's like the guy who couldn't land the pretty girlfriend and is jealous someone else has her.

I don't know of another poster in this forum that posts more anti Yankee things than positive things about their own team...maybe the pickings for you are slim for your team. Come to think of it, they are.

So Clemens DIDN'T throw a bat handle at Piazza?

I don't knwo any other poster who reacts more to having someone other than a fan of their team post about their team.

Did you ever think your "homer' tendencies are the EXACT reason I look to get a rise out of you?

I don't knwo any other poster who reacts more to having someone other than a fan of their team post about their team.

Did you ever think your "homer' tendencies are the EXACT reason I look to get a rise out of you?

"Homer" for me? You're out of your mind. Will I defend my team when posters like yourself have this hard on for Yankee bashing...you're damn right I will defend my team. I also post things that are not exactly flattering like the David Wells thread most recently. How about you? Ever post something negative about the Mets? No?....I didn't think so.

You're not my type by the way, so getting a rise out of me only works with females...unless I'm mistaken and you actually have a snatch.;)

Okay....here is a thread that SD starts

I have not read his post yet, but I'd assume it has to do with the Yanks

Not sure if there is anything Mets in here or not....will report back

Ummm, Jone, any simple minded person would have seen "Verducci book" in the headline, and knew instantly what it was about.

While true I can't believe Moose said this:

Torre said he stands behind everything in the book, even though it is written by Verducci in the third person. That means, he fully approved Mike Mussina's insensitive critique of Mariano Rivera on Page 312: "As great as he is, and it's amazing what he does, if you start the evaluation again since I've been here, he has accomplished nothing in comparison to what he accomplished the four years before. He blew the World Series in '01. He lost the Boston series. He didn't lose it himself, but we had a chance to win in the ninth and sweep them and he doesn't do it there. . . . That's what I remember about the '04 series."

One of the most memorable parts of the book that hasn't made it out yet is a bizarre story about Roger Clemens, and how he prepared for starts.

The story comes courtesy of Yankee trainer Steve Donahue who told Verducci about what Roger Clemens did as part of his usual routine to get ready for facing the Mets in Game 2 of the 2000 World Series. Donahue said Clemens

Roger Clemens is not the first or last man to be weird and play baseball.

Not that I'd have my balls rubbed or whatever, but I'd probably have some weird pre-game ritual. I really don't need to know this much about athletes. People are *****ed up, I get it sports journalists.

Roger Clemens is not the first or last man to be weird and play baseball.

Not that I'd have my balls rubbed or whatever, but I'd probably have some weird pre-game ritual. I really don't need to know this much about athletes. People are *****ed up, I get it sports journalists.

The only thing I thought was weird is that he had a guy rubbing his balls. If I had that much money there would be several "sports rubdowns" daily. But the "trainers" would be female.

The only thing I thought was weird is that he had a guy rubbing his balls. If I had that much money there would be several "sports rubdowns" daily. But the "trainers" would be female.

Don't you have those "sports rubdowns" in the Mod Lounge before Jets games? You pay 'em in vcash, or so I heard. \:D/

You give a roided up ******* who *really* wants to be the best at what he does enough money...you get sh*t like him having his balls rubbed by another dude before a game.

That's all I'm saying. I like these stories for that kind of humor, but it's just depressing. I grew up on Rogers Clemens man...TMI reporters out there.

NS obsession with SD > SD obsession with Yankees

Clemens is a douchebag. He has done more to hurt his own reputation than the Mitchell report or McNamee ever did. Nothing he does or any revelation about him will surprise me. This is the same guy who threw his own wife under the bus.

Archived