TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would I tell you how to act and disadvantage myself and the town?

Weak.

Im not asking you to tell me how to act. Nothing that I have done is suspicious in the slightest and dont plan on changing my game plan. All I am trying to do is help this town figure out who is scum.

What Im asking is for you to describe how my FOS/Voting pattern is suspicious?

Lets recap, I FOS JVoR, so I voted JVoR.

I FOS Uart, Woody, Vic. Vic posts something scummy, I vote Vic.

So tell me why my pattern is shaddy.

There's been a lot of analysis. I still think the shadiest characters are the ones who voted JVoR.

Gets a lot of votes in the day, dead at night...

I'll keep my vote on CTM for now, but as I've said, I'll consider switching before the end of the "day" if we seem to be reaching a consensus somewhere reasonable (and by that I mean WoodyPaige, or maybe another JVoR voter).

In this thread you are allowed to say anything you'd like with the exception of posting PMs from doggin.

That is correct - unless your role PM expressly told you you cannot say something (I've modded games like that in the past, for those who've forgotten the Double Blind), or the rules say you can't say something, you're free to post whatever you want

The more I think about this the more shady antics seem to be going on. For starters, the idea that RJF and/or Thor are doctors, but neither protected JVoR is strange to say the least. And upon further thought, the results from the night weren't posted until after the deadline, meaning their is a good chance that someone who had a night action never even submitted anything. If that's the case, it is really quite odd to say the least. The way things turned out between the outcome of that random lynch and last night makes me think a lot of our theories kind of go out the window now.

Knowing for sure now that JVoR was an innocent certainly makes you want to evaluate the people who voted for him further, but on the flip side, the mafia was clearly hesitant to make the final striking move to kill him off themselves. I can only imagine that with JVoR and Thor both close to death they figured somebody would jump from one to the other in order just to make it a done deal and save them from having to do it. They probably didn't want any of their guys in the spotlight as putting the death blow in and I also doubt they figured one of their own being killed in the random lynch.

My suspicion on Vicious certainly stands, especially with what some pointed out regarding the quick voting string that took place on day one. Woody seems to be drawing the attention of a lot of people, but I'm not completely convinced on him yet. His one comment was interesting but could potentially be over-analyzed and his suspicion of Thor isn't enough to convince me because after last nights results, I'm not convinced that anyone's day role says anything about their alignment or night abilities.

I also think we need to keep a sharp eye on those who almost seem out of their way to kind of just fade in the background. Too many people seem to be skating on by and jumping in with the random comment while disappearing when things get heated. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to start applying some pressure to these folks.

This could be probably be directed to me along with a few others.

I dunno about them but genuinely haven't been able to get involved nearly as much as I would have liked to throughout this game, which has sucked because I am enjoying it. I've just finished a ton of coursework though which has kept me busy over the last week or so and I should be posting/participating more than before. You just have to look at how few posts I've been making on the site in general as of late - I really haven't been able to go on JN much.

Outside of you, I'm interested in EY. He seems to know a lot of things. We must remember that only scum themselves know who is innocent/guilty. One way scum tries to gain control of the town is by speaking confidently about one's innocence or guilt and being proven right.

I don't trust you or EY quite simply because I think Im right in saying you've both played this game a lot and you're both very smart, almost too smart.

I think either of you could be trying to "take control of the town" as you put it. You have been speaking as confidently as anyone and I have no doubt in my mind that you are experienced enough with this game to remove any suspicion away from yourself by blending in as well as possible.

I don't think you're in it together but I'm leaning towards at least one of you being Mafia. I'm not prepared to vote either of you yet though. I'll wait a while and see how this game develops.

For now though - Unvote: WoodyPaige

There's one giant hole in your logic. Nobody knew JVoR was an investigator when they voted for him. He only revealed himself late in day one and nobody else jumped on after that. Unless doggin gave them specific info on players (very unlikely) or added a daytime mafia-investigator ability, not even the mafia players would've known who JVoR was. If JVoR revealed and then got lynched you may have a case.

As I said earlier, its a safe bet that there were mafia players voting on JVoR, but the same holds true for Thor. In all honesty, they were probably trying to spread themselves to keep from getting so easily grouped together and making themselves targets. Its unlikely they'd be willing to pile on like that so early on and make their entire team prime suspects. So while there's probably a couple of mafia in there, you can say the same if you pulled up the list of all the people for voted for Thor.

Hell, we KNOW at least one mafia voted for Thor.

True, but you and EY unvoted JVoR pretty quickly after he revealed, possibly thinking he was a mafia bullseye and to distance yourselves before night-killing him yourselves. Or possibly not. All I'm saying is that all those who voted for JVoR are suspicious in my mind.

And I'm going to echo Irish Jet's sentiments. As I've said earlier in the thread, I'm on the road a lot for work and don't always have access to a computer. That's my reason for not contributing as much as I'd like.

I don't trust you or EY quite simply because I think Im right in saying you've both played this game a lot and you're both very smart, almost too smart.

I think either of you could be trying to "take control of the town" as you put it. You have been speaking as confidently as anyone and I have no doubt in my mind that you are experienced enough with this game to remove any suspicion away from yourself by blending in as well as possible.

I don't think you're in it together but I'm leaning towards at least one of you being Mafia. I'm not prepared to vote either of you yet though. I'll wait a while and see how this game develops.

For now though - Unvote: WoodyPaige

I think you have a point here. Both are very confident in their decisions. But that should mean one's mafia--they wouldn't have two guys in it together pushing separate plans. No way both are either townie or mafia, in my opinion. Can't tell who is who, though. I guess I'll give it time.

Weak.

Im not asking you to tell me how to act. Nothing that I have done is suspicious in the slightest and dont plan on changing my game plan. All I am trying to do is help this town figure out who is scum.

What Im asking is for you to describe how my FOS/Voting pattern is suspicious?

Lets recap, I FOS JVoR, so I voted JVoR.

I FOS Uart, Woody, Vic. Vic posts something scummy, I vote Vic.

So tell me why my pattern is shaddy.

If I tell you where you showed suspicison, that's telling you how to act.

What're you so worried about, it's one vote. You've got plenty of breathing room?

True, but you and EY unvoted JVoR pretty quickly after he revealed, possibly thinking he was a mafia bullseye and to distance yourselves before night-killing him yourselves. Or possibly not. All I'm saying is that all those who voted for JVoR are suspicious in my mind.

And I'm going to echo Irish Jet's sentiments. As I've said earlier in the thread, I'm on the road a lot for work and don't always have access to a computer. That's my reason for not contributing as much as I'd like.

So, I'm suspicious for unvoting a guy who claimed to be a cop. Rather, I should have stayed on him, allowing him to kill himself as promised.

Moot point considering he's dead now, but nice deflection. :D

Um, ok?

So, I'm suspicious for voting for a guy when I had no idea he was a cop. I unvoted him when he announced he was a cop, and for that announcement, he died, therefore I'm suspicious?

I mean, it's fine if you think I'm suspicious, but it's not a decision based on any logic.

Nah, it's just been school. No hidden intentions behind the absence.

What BG is saying is that, assuming you are some sort of doctor, the fact that you were not around at all during the night stage could suggest that you left JVoR die by not protecting him. That is, if you're the doctor. And if you didn't do something without us knowing.

What BG is saying is that, assuming you are some sort of doctor, the fact that you were not around at all during the night stage could suggest that you left JVoR die by not protecting him. That is, if you're the doctor. And if you didn't do something without us knowing.

Well that's just stupid. I voted to lynch him long ago.

The only thing that's changed is the fact that you're all far more retarded then I originally assumed.

Let's try a little recap. We go back a few days and the deadline is approaching with JVoR at 8 votes and Thor at 7. Being one vote away, JVoR reveals to us all that he is an investigator. A few of us unvote him and the voting became kind of stuck, due to that combined with people believing Thor has some sort of doctor role related to your relationship with him. So the time expires and a random lynch occurs.

The random lynch that occurs is luckily enough Norway, who turned out to be mafia. During the night phase, many people strongly urged whoever the doctor(s) was to protect JVoR due to his revealing himself as an investigator. The night phase didn't end until after the deadline passed, which suggests to me that at least one of the people with night roles failed to submit their action to doggin. Once the night was done, the results were revealed and what was found was that JVoR was night-killed. This suggested to us that the doctor(s) did not protect JVoR, which some found strange.

Considering many people have you pegged as the doctor AND you just made it clear you haven't been here since before the random lynch, its not so far-fetched to conclude that assuming these previous two assumptions are indeed true, that this was the cause of JVoR not being protected and therefore, the reason he was able to be night-killed. Of course, you could perhaps not be the doctor or even have any night role at all.

If I tell you where you showed suspicison, that's telling you how to act.

What're you so worried about, it's one vote. You've got plenty of breathing room?

Not worried. Its not uncommon for someone to ask why you voted them. Most players give an explanation. I'm just wondering what you find suspicious about my voting patterns. I would like to see this "pattern" that you claim to have found...lol...its pretty simple.

Personally, I think you are just trying to stir the pot which is fine, I'm all for that, you got me talking. I'm just trying to let you know that its the wrong vote. You should want to vote for scum.

Let's try a little recap. We go back a few days and the deadline is approaching with JVoR at 8 votes and Thor at 7. Being one vote away, JVoR reveals to us all that he is an investigator. A few of us unvote him and the voting became kind of stuck, due to that combined with people believing Thor has some sort of doctor role related to your relationship with him. So the time expires and a random lynch occurs.

The random lynch that occurs is luckily enough Norway, who turned out to be mafia. During the night phase, many people strongly urged whoever the doctor(s) was to protect JVoR due to his revealing himself as an investigator. The night phase didn't end until after the deadline passed, which suggests to me that at least one of the people with night roles failed to submit their action to doggin. Once the night was done, the results were revealed and what was found was that JVoR was night-killed. This suggested to us that the doctor(s) did not protect JVoR, which some found strange.

Considering many people have you pegged as the doctor AND you just made it clear you haven't been here since before the random lynch, its not so far-fetched to conclude that assuming these previous two assumptions are indeed true, that this was the cause of JVoR not being protected and therefore, the reason he was able to be night-killed. Of course, you could perhaps not be the doctor or even have any night role at all.

Yep, it's confirmed, you're retarded.

I would just like to point out that this is quite possibly the most boring mafia game I have witnessed.

We are 12 hours away from our deadline to lynch and 6 players out of 14 have voted thus far.

Are we seriously going to have another random lynching, I highly doubt we get as lucky as we did last time.

I would just like to point out that this is quite possibly the most boring mafia game I have witnessed.

We are 12 hours away from our deadline to lynch and 6 players out of 14 have voted thus far.

Are we seriously going to have another random lynching, I highly doubt we get as lucky as we did last time.

yea i agree there really isnt alot happening lol and sometime i forget to check this thread because of it... but im still tryin to figure out who i should vote for yet

CTM and JiF on another vote together. Since all they really have is "time of voting" can someone determine the time difference in their votes? That way we can all debate until a random lynch that they voted close in conjunction. Vicious wants all townies to vote him lynched, that way all can see that CTM is mafia.

Hey Mick, why are you thinking Vicious?

because its either him or CTM that is my FOS right now and i cant take him talking in the third person any longer... but my vote may change.. i didnt wanna say this but i was looking to see if i voted for him if others would follow but my vote is probably going to change before the deadline.. i think i just gave you way to much info :)

People need to start voting.

For the new guys, lots of innocents die in this game. It's the nature of the beast. The town is a team, and if one is left, and wins, then the town wins.

It's good to be cautious and analyze, but there's 9 hours left, and we're not even close.

Decisions must be made, and you cant be paralized by fear of being voted for later if you vote for the wrong person. It's part of the game.

A random lynch was fine for day 1 (we were very fortunate) but we can't let it happen like that again.

Archived