Jon Kitna

BroadwayJ667

Regarding the current Jets, the team has yet to show any interest in former Ravens CB Chris McAlister, according to an e-mail from his agent, Mitch Frankel.

On the surface, McAlister makes sense because of his connection with Rex Ryan and the Jets' need at the position, but he may need a few more months before he's healthy enough to pass a physical. McAlister underwent knee surgery last November. He also has some character issues that may concern the Jets. I suspect the Jets will think hard about picking a corner in the first or second round. Right now, the only veteran corners under contract are Darrelle Revis, Dwight Lowery and Drew Coleman.

Jon Kitna could emerge as an option for the Jets at quarterback. Looks like he'll be cut by the Lions in the coming days.

-part of cimini's blog

Kitna has suked cak for a while..give me a break

Anyone who goes to Detroit (unless your name is Calvin Johnson) sucks ****. Oakland and Detroit and the two NFL franchises where no matter how good you are, if you go there, you die.

Example 1: Randy Moss

how many sacks did woody give up last year

he is still weak link in passing protection

6?

That isn't bad for having Brett Favre back there and playing your first full season at Right Tackle.

He will only improve.

He also had the "worst" Offensive Lineman of the other four next to him.

Yes, because "Tom" Collins and his 12 TD passes, leading the 27th-ranked passing "attack", is the reason the Titans were successful last season.

No, but "starting an actual quarterback" instead of "seeing what we've got" is certainly one of them.

With a Killer defense, and 2 stud RBs... We see how far Collins got them when he needed to step up in the playoffs.

heh single A, check the stats before you spew nonsense

collins had a very good game passed for 290 and he did not fumble inside

5 yd line and 20 ydline which cost team the game along with a terrible call by refs on time expiration.

heh single A, check the stats before you spew nonsense

collins had a very good game passed for 290 and he did not fumble inside

5 yd line and 20 ydline which cost team the game along with a terrible call by refs on time expiration.

Did his team win? Simple YES or NO will do.

Kitna may be what the Jets are looking for, a veteran who can push the kids for the starting job but be able to hold the fort as a backup

Like I've been saying, we need a vet QB. Hopefully one that can compete for a spot, but I'd hope he would get beat out by Brett 2.0 or Kellen. I don't see much difference in Kitna and Garcia though.

I wouldn't say suck but middling game managers with no upside. At some point we're going to need to try either a draftee or one of our young guy and hope we choose right.

Yeah, I agree.

They do "suck" though as options for the Jets. We shoudn't be chasing after guys like Garcia, Collins or Kitna who at best have one or two decent season left in them. We should be looking for a young guy to fill the QB spot for years - A franchise QB.

Archived