Jets are restructuring Rhodes and Pace. will now be 37 million under cap!!

Jetkid94

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: Why are the Jets doing this?

Answer: The Jets are making big free agency signings this year, especially with PSL's around the corner. if we have 35+million available we'll for sure will be getting

Ray Lewis

Jim Leonhard

Bart Scott

Possibly CB McAllister

Resign Brandon Moore (or fill the position in free agency)

Jon Kitna (Which I LOVE THIS MOVE) Solid back-up for Ratliff

Now if we do that then we know for sure that we'll going only two places in the first round of the draft

Either WR (which will be my preference) or DE

What if the Jets have decided to let Moore go because they figure they can slide Woody to guard and bring in Kwame Harris to play RT??Rex Ryan's brother IS the defensive coordinator for the Raiders and may have given Rex some inside dope here.If this is the plan then I am all for it.

Our line would kick ass with that lineup.We would run the ball on ANYBODY!!!!Big O-line there.........:):rim:

Question: Why are the Jets doing this?

Answer: The Jets are making big free agency signings this year, especially with PSL's around the corner. if we have 35+million available we'll for sure will be getting

Ray Lewis

Jim Leonhard

Bart Scott

Possibly CB McAllister

Resign Brandon Moore (or fill the position in free agency)

Jon Kitna (Which I LOVE THIS MOVE) Solid back-up for Ratliff

Now if we do that then we know for sure that we'll going only two places in the first round of the draft

Either WR (which will be my preference) or DE

I'm just curious for what you would think we would do with Harris if we were to get both Lewis and Scott?? I just don't think we'd spend $18 or so million a year on two players to fill only one spot. It just seems rather silly.

I agree that Leonard will be here once FA starts and possibly McAllister.

I wouldn't mind Kitna as a backup, but certainly not as a starter.

I agree to an extent. He probably was the weakest of a strong group BUT don't under value the importance of continuity on the line. The group got stronger as the season went on, we were running over anyone and everyone it seemed. Not something I'd like to jeopradise by putting a scrub in there. It's a risk and it may pay off but if there's a major hole in that line next season we could be in serious trouble.

No so fast scooter...

You do realize this team went 1-4 down the stretch right?

Moore was the weakest link on a line that wasn't all that great to finish the season. They certainly didn't "get stronger as the season went on" or "run all over anyone and everyone"

They put up some real stinkers at the end...Miami held to 80-some yards rushing. SF held to like 60 and they didn't exactly blow the doors off against Seattle or Buffalo.

I'd be fine with 'jeopardizing' that type of production. With the other 4 guys already in place, we could put just about anyone in there and get similar production out of our running game. Moore can't pass block, so maybe we could even upgrade in that category.

Brandon Moore is the definition of JAG.

No so fast scooter...

You do realize this team went 1-4 down the stretch right?

Moore was the weakest link on a line that wasn't all that great to finish the season. They certainly didn't "get stronger as the season went on" or "run all over anyone and everyone"

They put up some real stinkers at the end...Miami held to 80-some yards rushing. SF held to like 60 and they didn't exactly blow the doors off against Seattle or Buffalo.

I'd be fine with 'jeopardizing' that type of production. With the other 4 guys already in place, we could put just about anyone in there and get similar production out of our running game. Moore can't pass block, so maybe we could even upgrade in that category.

Brandon Moore is the definition of JAG.

Really? How did that work out when they dumped Kendall? Good guards aren't cheap anymore. Moore is no all pro, but he is hardly a JAG.

Really? How did that work out when they dumped Kendall? Good guards aren't cheap anymore. Moore is no all pro, but he is hardly a JAG.

It didn't work when we dropped Kendall because we were starting 2 guys who aren't even in the league any more. We could have survived the Kendall mess if we already had Woody and Faneca here. We had less than garbage, and the QBs paid dearly.

That won't happen this time.

RG is the easiest OL position to play, thus it's the easiest position to fill. If Moore doesn't come back at a discount, it doesn't matter.

He's a JAG playing a position filled by JAGs, we'll just plug another one in there and won't miss a beat.

He's a JAG playing a position filled by JAGs, we'll just plug another one in there and won't miss a beat.

You can keep repeating that he is just another guy all you want. You may want to go back and look at some games if you saved them. From 2008.

You can keep repeating that he is just another guy all you want. You may want to go back and look at some games if you saved them. From 2008.

Moore was a solid player here, but he wasn't a difference maker. He obviously isn't worth his $7M roster bonus (or we wouldn't be talking about this), and he's either coming back at a discount or going to be replaced by someone cheaper.

I'm not sure who this replacement will be, but I am sure that Moore won't be missed as much as Kendall was for the reasons stated above. Turnsile and Clarke won't be playing for the Jets in 2009.

This isn't really a cap casualty situation. He's getting cut because he's not worth his salary, it's that simple.

I'm not calling him a JAG, the Jets management and coaching staff are by releasing him to sign other players with his money.

Moore was a solid player here, but he wasn't a difference maker. He obviously isn't worth his $7M roster bonus (or we wouldn't be talking about this), and he's either coming back at a discount or going to be replaced by someone cheaper.

I'm not sure who this replacement will be, but I am sure that Moore won't be missed as much as Kendall was for the reasons stated above. Turnsile and Clarke won't be playing for the Jets in 2009.

This isn't really a cap casualty situation. He's getting cut because he's not worth his salary, it's that simple.

I'm not calling him a JAG, the Jets management and coaching staff are by releasing him to sign other players with his money.

And that is why I believe that is dumb. I don't believe that you cut a good player, in his prime with several good years left, just because you think he is making more than he is worth, given what we know. Which is:

- I agree that it does not appear to be needed for the salary cap.

- There is absolutely no one on the bench ready to replace him.

- Most of the o-line free agents that I am aware of are either tackles or center. And I don't like the idea of moving Woody to RG and bringing in a RT. Then you have changed 2/5 of the o-line, which I think we can all agree would be risky.

- To draft a guard in the 1st or 2nd round to replace him would be ridiculous given the teams' other needs.

- Drafting someone in the 3rd round or lower, although you can find o-line gems in lower rounds, is certainly a big risk.

So it really comes down to how good he really is. If they believe he is JAG or only slightly above and can easily be replaced (although I don't see from where), then your logic is correct. I just think he is better than that. I definitely think the Brandon Moore of 2008 is better than the Kendall of 2006 was. And he is much younger. And beyond his individual ability, I don't think you can underestimate the impact of removing just 1/5 of an o-line that will be entering their second year together. Especially if the jets are indeed going to be a run first, protect the young QB team.

This will be interesting to see the way it plays out. I hope I am overrating him and it is not that big of a deal. But right now, I don't see it.

Anyway, contrary to my previous reports, the Jets do have a replacement in mind. Don't be surprised if the Jets move Woody, a former center and guard, to right guard and plug in either Robert Turner or Wayne Hunter at right tackle.

wtf

seriously, wtf

please bring in a FA or draft a guy on day 1

RT is a very important spot

We had ONE thing that was perfect, our offensive line---We made Thomas friggin Jones the afc leading rusher!!!!!!!!!

Come ON! That was the ONE thing that we could've said"nope, they are fine and this year, with Faneca in his twilight could've been special. I have no problem really clearing Baker's 9 mil, but why eff with Moore.

That line gave us Curtis Martin Last year, except he wore #20 and couldn't hold CMart's cup.

loooong exhalllle!

The Jets are the frontrunners for Scott, I believe the Giants are the 2nd team behind us.

How is that possible? Antonio Pierce is the 43 MLB in New York and he isn't going anywhere. Scott isn't an OLB in any system.

Scott will land in one of three places:

1. Baltimore

2. New York with the Jets

3. Miami

And that is why I believe that is dumb. I don't believe that you cut a good player, in his prime with several good years left, just because you think he is making more than he is worth, given what we know. Which is:

- I agree that it does not appear to be needed for the salary cap.

- There is absolutely no one on the bench ready to replace him.

- Most of the o-line free agents that I am aware of are either tackles or center. And I don't like the idea of moving Woody to RG and bringing in a RT. Then you have changed 2/5 of the o-line, which I think we can all agree would be risky.

- To draft a guard in the 1st or 2nd round to replace him would be ridiculous given the teams' other needs.

- Drafting someone in the 3rd round or lower, although you can find o-line gems in lower rounds, is certainly a big risk.

So it really comes down to how good he really is. If they believe he is JAG or only slightly above and can easily be replaced (although I don't see from where), then your logic is correct. I just think he is better than that. I definitely think the Brandon Moore of 2008 is better than the Kendall of 2006 was. And he is much younger. And beyond his individual ability, I don't think you can underestimate the impact of removing just 1/5 of an o-line that will be entering their second year together. Especially if the jets are indeed going to be a run first, protect the young QB team.

This will be interesting to see the way it plays out. I hope I am overrating him and it is not that big of a deal. But right now, I don't see it.

Thomas Jones, DM, leading rusher in the AFC, he was making too much?I'll give him 5 mil and throw the extra in for "continuity"

Archived