Jets are restructuring Rhodes and Pace. will now be 37 million under cap!!

Jetkid94

brandon moore is overrated. there's it's been said.

it's not the idea that they couldn't spend the money

they just don't want to spend it on brandon moore

frankly i don't blame them

i watch a-lot of JETS OL and Moore has been there forever

he's an above average run blocker, an ok pass blocker and prone to dumb mistakes. a middling option that can be upgraded upon. he's very very strong. but not a technician.

we can talk about continuity but moore or no moore next year's line is still gonna be good. he's the worst player in that group and it's not close.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's an above average run blocker, an ok pass blocker and prone to dumb mistakes. a middling option that can be upgraded upon. he's very very strong. but not a technician.

we can talk about continuity but moore or no moore next year's line is still gonna be good. he's the worst player in that group and it's not close.

Finally, someone spoke up. I agree 100%

Can someone explain to me what we need $37 million in cap room for?

Other than Scott or Lewis, who the heck are we going to give a monster deal to?

Its probably not $37M. If that's accurate, we cleared between $44-52M since we had been reported between $7-15M over. Its probably still between $17-20M under but we're only now hearing about those 2 restructuring and that's what got us back under the cap in the first place.

It's not that Moore is thought to be the best guard in the game.

The problem is that it's not obvious that the Jets are making this move for pure financial reason and lack a viable option to replace Moore.

Further, the Jets can't claim that they care about continuity (retaining Mini Schott) and then mess with the Oline after 1 year.

The Jets can keep this unit together and it's in the best interest of the team on the field. Cutting Moore is not a football decision because it makes the team worse.

Agree 100 %. Keep the line intact.

Its probably not $37M. If that's accurate, we cleared between $44-52M since we had been reported between $7-15M over. Its probably still between $17-20M under but we're only now hearing about those 2 restructuring and that's what got us back under the cap in the first place.

We were being RUMORED to be $7-15 million over WITHOUT the increase of the salary cap from I believe $117 to $124.

Now that we restructed Hollywood and Pace it makes even less sense to cut Brandon Moore.

Let's assume you're right.

What do we do about the position?

That's my biggest concern. There are tons of players that can replace Moore, but how many of them are available? I'm not ready to lay the season in the hands of Robert "Number 75 is reporting as eligible" Turner.

So, cut Moore. Ok. Then what?

Let's assume you're right.

What do we do about the position?

That's my biggest concern. There are tons of players that can replace Moore, but how many of them are available? I'm not ready to lay the season in the hands of Robert "Number 75 is reporting as eligible" Turner.

So, cut Moore. Ok. Then what?

lots of things can be done, i really doubt they are going to leave Turner or whoever as the primary option. one they will add depth or find a better option via draft or free agency, or they belive those guys can fill in well enough

lots of things can be done, i really doubt they are going to leave Turner or whoever as the primary option. one they will add depth or find a better option via draft or free agency, or they belive those guys can fill in well enough

'Lots of things' isn't an answer.

1)If they're only now restructuring Pace/Rhodes, we were all wrong to assume thats what they originally did to get under the cap before Favre retired and every outlet which reported us to be in "cap hell" were completely talking out of their asses.

2)If were gonna be that far under and can easily afford Moore, it makes absolutely no sense. Once again, Hutchinson is the only one seemingly reporting this. Its entirely possible he got some bad info and refuses to pull off on the story. Not saying its not true, but I definitely don't think its as definite as he's been making it seem, especially with almost $30M in space (taking out the savings asssumed by cutting Moore).

Why is there still no official word on Moore? We've been talking about this for a couple weeks now and all hutchinson has to say is "it hasn't happened, but it's about to"?

Agreed. Moore is very average and not worth the money he is due this year. If he restructures, fine. If not, adios!

Agreed. Moore is very average and not worth the money he is due this year. If he restructures, fine. If not, adios!

So all those 9 yard dashes by TJ to the right side meant nothing last year? It seems like people are forgetting how much starting OG's are commanding in today's NFL. They are not exactly cheap players anymore, and we have a good one entering his prime right now.

So all those 9 yard dashes by TJ to the right side meant nothing last year? It seems like people are forgetting how much starting OG's are commanding in today's NFL. They are not exactly cheap players anymore, and we have a good one entering his prime right now.

word...

Jones is a jag whose success this was 75% due to the Oline, 10% due to Favre and his audibles/erratic willingness tho chuck the ball anywhere on the field and only 15% to do with jones himself..

I will be steaming if we reward Jones with new money and commitments and am perplexed that we are messing with what was unequivocally our best unit last year..

If this is true and I strongly doubt it is. I would LOVE to see the Jets make a strong run at Albert Haynesworth. Having him and Jenkins on the same line would be ridiculous. Teams would be one dimensional on offense and the freedom that it would provide our LB's would be amazing.

I wouldn't mind keeping him at a reasonable salary, but people are overrating him and he's not worth the money.

I agree to an extent. He probably was the weakest of a strong group BUT don't under value the importance of continuity on the line. The group got stronger as the season went on, we were running over anyone and everyone it seemed. Not something I'd like to jeopradise by putting a scrub in there. It's a risk and it may pay off but if there's a major hole in that line next season we could be in serious trouble.

He probably was the weakest of a strong group BUT don't under value the importance of continuity on the line.

This is sort of like the 'team x is when z rushes for 100 yards' stat in that it basically reverses causation. It does go both ways, but continuity on the line is more the result of good play than the cause of it.

I wouldn't mind keeping him at a reasonable salary, but people are overrating him and he's not worth the money.

He was developed through our system, he's never been hurt, he's entering his prime, and he always brings his A game when you put someone competent next to him (2004 MacKenzie, 2008 Woody).

He has a high salary this year, but next year it is chump change. We have a ton of cap room as of right now so there is no impending need to dump his salary. Forgetting about finances, this would be a dumb football move.

He was developed through our system, he's never been hurt, he's entering his prime, and he always brings his A game when you put someone competent next to him (2004 MacKenzie, 2008 Woody).

He has a high salary this year, but next year it is chump change. We have a ton of cap room as of right now so there is no impending need to dump his salary. Forgetting about finances, this would be a dumb football move.

Forgetting about finances, the Jets wouldn't be considering the move.

And the "chump change" salary in 2010 is a pipe dream. That's only his number on paper today. If we don't make any move with him this year, he'll get that renegotiated to a much higher number or he'll hold out. Zero chance Moore, who hasn't been paid too highly to date, will play a full season at under $800K without that season being year-one of a huge deal that pays him 8-figures in bonus money.

Everything else being equal, that is not a good enough argument for cutting him. We greatly overpaid for Fanaca and Woody, but we had to. We desparately needed a LG and RT. Now we are creating the same situation at RG. Who are they going to find in FA that is as good or better than Moore and will be able to get cheaper? The value of guards in the market has gone up tremendously the last few years. And to use the 1st or even 2nd round pick is just plain dumb when we have other pressing needs.

I don't think there is anyway this $37 million under the Cap number is right. It looks like, right now, they are $14.5 under the Cap (and that includes the restructuring of Rhodes and Pace). If they let Moore go, it goes up to $20 million.

What ever happened ,before Farve was cut and our dead was comming up and we were going to be about 5 million over the cap there was talk on this site about the league possibly raiseing the Cap amount this year from 123 million to 130 million ,is the league still looking at doing this another 7 million where we are now would really be awesome.

so those things that come after that, letters that form words, isn't an answer. ok.........?

I was looking for something a little more specific than, 'they'll find something in the draft of free agency'. Unless you were going to tell me they were going to build a guard from the parts of lesser guards, then you basically just told me the two places where any team looks for players every single off season.

Now Hutch is saying $27m under...

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/

The recent report on nationalfootballpost.com of the Jets clearing roughly $10 million off their cap by reworking the contracts of safety Kerry Rhodes and linebacker Calvin Pace is a bit misleading.

The moves were made late last month and have already been factored into my cap figures. Thus, the Jets will be approximately $27 million under the salary cap, not $37 million, when the cap numbers of tight end Chris Baker ($2 million) and right guard Brandon Moore ($7 million) come off the books.

And that $27 million isn't official because it doesn't compute incentives earned last season by Jets players, a figure that will be subtracted from the Jets current cap standing.

Nonetheless, the Jets will have enough money to go after Ravens linebackers Ray Lewis or Bart Scott and safety Jim Leonhard once free agency begins.

Isn't Miami looking @ Scott also? Hope we can steal another from them.

Archived