Jets, Browns Interested In Seattle DT

SoFlaJets

Jets, Browns interested in Seattle DT

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Posted By Albert Breer 6:38 PM

Seahawks DT Howard Green has drawn interest from the New York Jets and Cleveland Browns as the secondary market of free agency heats up.

Green had his best season in 2004, when he started 12 games for the Saints.

The 6-foot-2, 320-pounder has played for four teams in his four NFL seasons. He has experience with Jets coach Rex Ryan, who was his position coach during his year (2002) in Baltimore. He was out of the league in 2005 and '06 before breaking back in with Seattle.

SIGN THIS BEAST He's definitely an upgrade of Sione Pohau-which TBH isn't really saying much

Yeah? The guy was out of football for a couple years and hasn't started a game since 2004. :confused0088:

I'm all for another big body, but this guy probably wouldn't even be a lock to make the 53 man roster.

Yeah? The guy was out of football for a couple years and hasn't started a game since 2004. :confused0088:

I'm all for another big body, but this guy probably wouldn't even be a lock to make the 53 man roster.

He might not. But massive men that fit the systems are hard to find. It might be worth bringing him on board and seeing if he makes the cut.

If it works out, great. If not, what do we lose?

He might not. But massive men that fit the systems are hard to find. It might be worth bringing him on board and seeing if he makes the cut.

If it works out, great. If not, what do we lose?

I don't disagree.

There's just nothing there that makes me think he's an upgrade over Pouha at this point. It is a need. I want the WR in the first round - every round after that I'd be looking hard at 3-4 DL types.

Worth a shot. The Jets only need NTs that can provide Jenkins with a rest. Allow Jenkins to sit a couple of snaps a drive will do him wonders. IMO the Jets also need to draft a NT in the 2nd or 3rd rounds (I'm hoping for Ron Bace in the 2nd).

A 4 man rotation at NT (Jenkins, Pouha, Bace, Green) will keep Jenkins fresh throughout the season.

I don't disagree.

There's just nothing there that makes me think he's an upgrade over Pouha at this point. It is a need. I want the WR in the first round - every round after that I'd be looking hard at 3-4 DL types.

Ha! Im just the opposite. I want a 3-4 pick in the 1st, WR in the 2nd, and depth the rest of the way.

At what point do we start considering Mangini's interest in a player a 'Red Flag'

Yeah, but he played in the Rex system.

Ha! Im just the opposite. I want a 3-4 pick in the 1st, WR in the 2nd, and depth the rest of the way.

I understand the mindset, but since Ryan's taken over we've dramatically improved the dee while the offense has taken a step back. That side of the ball needs some love, too.

At what point do we start considering Mangini's interest in a player a 'Red Flag'

Umm...

You realize he WAS responsible for Revis, Jenkins, Coleman, Mangold, Faneca, Woody, DBrick, Leon, Pace, and Harris, right?

Look, he wasnt a great game coach and lacked emotion and fire necessary to be a successful coach, and he may have alienated himself a little too much. But to be fair, he did have a pretty good eye for talent.

Umm...

You realize he WAS responsible for Revis, Jenkins, Coleman, Mangold, Faneca, Woody, DBrick, Leon, Pace, and Harris, right?

Look, he wasnt a great game coach and lacked emotion and fire necessary to be a successful coach, and he may have alienated himself a little too much. But to be fair, he did have a pretty good eye for talent.

Umm...

You realize it WAS a joke.

I don't disagree.

Wow, Slats and I agree.

I want an impact offensive talent with our first pick. The only reason that I'd avoid that is if there is a run and we'd have to reach.

There is no way I would pass on Maclin or Moreno if they made it to us.

I'd be interested to see what other people think in terms of what offensive players are worthy of our pick. It seems that as we roll on, the odds of Maclin being there are getting lower and lower. I hate trading up and we lack picks as it is.

Assuming Maclin is gone, who are the targets we might draft, who are not reaches?

The offense needs some help. We need another impact player. I know. Another? We have a lot of tough solid guys, but how many Jets command a double team? Jenkins is not an allowable answer!

Think about it. Who was the last truly scary offensive threat in Jets' history? Wesley Walker!?

Archived