Dominican teamates feel Arod injury was "staged"

Matt39

Oh boy.

Yeah I heard that too as well as how it is interesting it occured right after MLB officials spoke with him and how this would soften the treatment he will receive whenever he does play road games during the season for his roids use. Kind of along the same lines as the sudden Hughes injury, night vision issues, etc last year after he bombed.

I really do not think you can question injuries at all though the Yanks from a PR standpoint do seem to get them at the perfect time......I stress from a PR standpoint as no injury is wished for or good for any team especially when you are a talent of ARod's level..

Yeah I heard that too as well as how it is interesting it occured right after MLB officials spoke with him and how this would soften the treatment he will receive whenever he does play road games during the season for his roids use. Kind of along the same lines as the sudden Hughes injury, night vision issues, etc last year after he bombed.

I really do not think you can question injuries at all though the Yanks from a PR standpoint do seem to get them at the perfect time......I stress from a PR standpoint as no injury is wished for or good for any team especially when you are a talent of ARod's level..

Our own JN conspiracy theorist, eh?

Hughes had a broken rib, and didn't throw for 2-3 months after he was put on DL. And had lazik eye surgery this off season. His injury probably had a little to do with his poor performance, but I would say it has more to do with his youth and inexperience, ask Clay Buchholz .

Dominicans aren't the brightest people in the World.

While that is undoubtedly accurate in the case of A-Roid, I don't think it's fair do judge all domicans as he should be judged. JMO.

I think that Arod decided to bring this up now so that he could lay low for the start of the season if need be... he could have fixed this after last season and it wouldnt even be an issue...

LOL.

So when ARod is sitting out the first 3 months of the season I guess the PR Department was behind that as well.

Our own JI conspiracy theorist, eh?

Hughes had a broken rib, and didn't throw for 2-3 months after he was put on DL. And had lazik eye surgery this off season. His injury probably had a little to do with his poor performance, but I would say it has more to do with his youth and inexperience, ask Clay Buchholz .

We are not on JI son.

I also said you cannot question injuries but simply pointed out what was said after last years Hughes implosion and now ARod's hip suddenly acting up. I disagree with that stance so take a pill.

Born in NYC (Washington Heights), grew up in the Dominican and Miami.

Same neighborhood as Manny. Rod Carew also played at George Washington HS where Manny also played. Jabbar played in HS All-Star games ther as well along with Jim Carroll who was the author of the Basket Ball Diaries. The book is 100x better than the movie.

As a kid we played LL games there. Horribile area nowadays though from what I hear.

Yeah, so? What does that prove?

I'm sorry are we trying to prove something?

Aroid got busted for roids , Arod is now hurt. We no longer hear ARod roids talk every other hour.

Nothing implied just facts which is why the thread was started as some media and players obviously felt it was very curious timing. You get too riled up by any comment or opinion that is not yours.

I'm sorry are we trying to prove something?

Aroid got busted for roids , Arod is now hurt. We no longer hear ARod roids talk every other hour.

Nothing implied just facts which is why the thread was started as some media and players obviously felt it was very curious timing. You get too riled up by any comment or opinion that is not yours.

First of all the idea that people stopped talking about his steroud use is ridiculous. Secondly what is the purpose in stating those "facts" without implying something? Obviously it's suggesting the Yankees and A-Rod are staging this injury to quite all the steroids talk, why else would you say it?

It was bright, sunny and warm this morning. Now it's overcast and cold. A-rod is clearly responsible. That, toe fungus, stuck up gals who don't put out, Coolio's arrest, Collio wearing an Obama t-shirt, America's financial tailspin, warm beer, the Styx reunion tour-ALL A-ROD! DAMN THAT MAN TO HELL!

Same neighborhood as Manny. Rod Carew also played at George Washington HS where Manny also played. Jabbar played in HS All-Star games ther as well along with Jim Carroll who was the author of the Basket Ball Diaries. The book is 100x better than the movie.

As a kid we played LL games there. Horribile area nowadays though from what I hear.

Washington Heights had a pretty cool Little League field back in the day.

And Kareem is Inwood's most famous resident. Me being # 2 of course. :-P

Archived