T.O. Doesn't Perform Well In The Cold

SoFlaJets

Bills | Owens not a cold-weather performer?

Sat, 21 Mar 2009 06:38:31 -0700

Tim Graham, of ESPN.com, reports Buffalo Bills WR Terrell Owens has averaged 3.5 receptions for 52 yards and 0.17 touchdowns in six career games with the game-time temperature at 35 degrees or below.

looks like he picked the worst possible city to play half his games in and the worst possible division to sign with. The NFC North is perhaps the coldest region to play in with Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit and Minnesota but half of these teams play their home games in a dome. So the AFCE with us, NE, and Buffalo he's going to be playing at least half the season below freezing-that'll be good for us if history holds true.

it's really only a quarter of his games. Maybe a bit more, the last 2 or three in Buffalo, possibly one in New York/New England at the end of the year. It will suck for their stretch run...but what will suck further is having two multi-million dollar receivers and one thousand dollar quarterback.

It gets cold in Philadelphia too.

He missed the entire month of December and January when he was with the Eagles in his first year (the Super Bowl year in which he missed the final 6 regular season games and Divisional / Championship games) and in the second year I don't even think he played after midway through the season.

He missed the entire month of December and January when he was with the Eagles in his first year (the Super Bowl year in which he missed the final 6 regular season games and Divisional / Championship games) and in the second year I don't even think he played after midway through the season.

that's right I forgot about that-he was injured and there was a lot of doubt and speculation as to whether he would be well enough to suit up in the Super Bowl...he did and had 9 catches for 122 yards-not bad but he did miss the final 2 regular season games and both NFC playoff games

Bills | Owens not a cold-weather performer?

Sat, 21 Mar 2009 06:38:31 -0700

Tim Graham, of ESPN.com, reports Buffalo Bills WR Terrell Owens has averaged 3.5 receptions for 52 yards and 0.17 touchdowns in six career games with the game-time temperature at 35 degrees or below.

looks like he picked the worst possible city to play half his games in and the worst possible division to sign with. The NFC North is perhaps the coldest region to play in with Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit and Minnesota but half of these teams play their home games in a dome. So the AFCE with us, NE, and Buffalo he's going to be playing at least half the season below freezing-that'll be good for us if history holds true.

Wow that is awful... makes me smile... :lol:

So the AFCE with us, NE, and Buffalo he's going to be playing at least half the season below freezing-that'll be good for us if history holds true.

It probably won't bother me all that much if he tears it up in Miami, either.

TO is a world class jackass

but

who does perform well in the cold ?

under 35 deg usually comes with wind, snow, and a run-first game plan

I'd need to see the avg of all the other WR's in the same conditions to see if he really is any worse in cold than the typical WR

2 home game may be indoors anyway

March 21, 2009 5:40 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham Western New Yorkers remain uneasy about the Buffalo Bills' decision to export eight of their games to Toronto through 2012.

Organizers and the NFL justified the $78 million arrangement as necessary to keep the Bills viable within their market, but fans felt anxious the deal was a harbinger for permanent relocation.

And for those who've come to grips with the idea of losing one regular-season home game every year, what about two?

Within a week of Terrell Owens proclaiming he was coming to play for "North America's team," a survey conducted on behalf of Bills in Toronto organizers suggests the intention to move two regular-season Bills games to the Rogers Centre, starting as early as next year.

That would leave Bills fans with only six regular-season dates in Ralph Wilson Stadium each year.

The survey was e-mailed Friday to fans who purchased tickets to last year's game. The survey includes the following passage, which hasn't been edited:

Rogers has been listening to its Bills Fans and may be able to negotiate a new deal which will bring an additional Bills regular-season game to Toronto in each of 2010, 2011, and 2012! This now means that a quarter of the Bills home games could be played in Toronto. This would allow us to issue a new 3-Game Ticket Package for the 2010 games in Toronto. This includes tickets to 2 regular season games and 1 pre-season game, at a lower price per game than previously, for most seats. The average price per game for a variety of seating options is shown below. The total ticket prices for the 3-game pack is also shown.

Below the passage is a Rogers Centre seating chart and price options for three-game packages. The Bills' deal currently involves only two games per year, a preseason exhibition and a regular-season game.

The Bills did not respond to a request for comment.

No matter how you slice it, this bit of info will not got over well among Bills fans.

Either event promoters are speaking out of turn and the Bills' front office will need to issue a denial, or Bills fans will be left to ponder that dreadful possibility they might be on the verge of losing even more of their beloved team.

Last year's game in Toronto was panned by fans and the media because of poor ticket sales and an antiseptic atmosphere in the former SkyDome.

The Bills' forfeited what would have been a wintry home-field advantage by taking their Dec. 7 game against the Miami Dolphins indoors. The Bills desperately needed a victory to keep their flagging playoff hopes alive. They lost 16-3.

:sign0098: Good going Joe. I had forgotten that.

The jury is still out. It's a make or break year for Trent. His numbers actually progressed, and I think the concussion messed him up. He'll do fine.

You and Jauron better hope so. :P This was a desperate move on the Bills part.

You and Jauron better hope so. :P This was a desperate move on the Bills part.

I couldn't care less about Jauron. If we don't do well, like we're expected, he's gone. If not, that means we had a good season.

I couldn't disagree more about it being a desperate move. We had a huge void at #2 WR, we brought Galloway, and guys like that, trying to find someone, then TO came available, who became the best WR out there, and we signed him. By signing him, we filled a major need.

I couldn't care less about Jauron. If we don't do well, like we're expected, he's gone. If not, that means we had a good season.

I couldn't disagree more about it being a desperate move. We had a huge void at #2 WR, we brought Galloway, and guys like that, trying to find someone, then TO came available, who became the best WR out there, and we signed him. By signing him, we made a deal with the devil we'll regret by sept 28th.

fixed

Archived