Just As I Thought; Jets NEVER HAD A CHANCE!!!

SoFlaJets

I have to say, it's pretty funny that several guys who supported the idea that we might not be strong suitors for Cutler when the original incident happened due to our lack of a QB to offer are now shocked and appalled at us not being strong suitors for Cutler.

And if Denver had gotten a legitimate QB in return our hypocrisy would be exposed ;)

denver wanted cutler in the NFC, simple

smart teams don't let thier players haunt them in the same division :bag:

Agreed. Good thing the Jets aren't in division..

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And if Denver had gotten a legitimate QB in return our hypocrisy would be exposed ;)

Agreed. Good thing the Jets aren't in division..

you know what I meant

the jets were never in this thing, and it's a good thing. we didn't have a QB to include in the deal, and the broncos weren't going to talk to AFC teams

get over it already

Now, they will play Cutler every four years instead of every three and don't have to worry about him beating them in the playoffs unless they meet in the Super Bowl.

This is funny. Cutler will beat them every game that they lose no matter who they play. They lost a franchise QB that had atleast 10 HOF years in him because the new coach wanted to be an ass secretly and trade for Matt Cassel, but ended up with Kyle Orton.

Genius.

Peter King's take. This makes more sense then they they never called me back dribble that Myers put out. At least they decided against it, as questionable as that may be considering our options.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/05/trade/index.html

3. The Jets were never in it seriously -- true story. New York is either convinced that Brett Ratliff or Kellen Clemens is its guy, or the Jets think the New York spotlight would have been too white-hot for a rabbit-ears guy like Cutler to handle, or they didn't want to pay two first-round picks for Cutler after giving a third for one season of Brett Favre. I just know that the Jets never made a remotely serious offer for Cutler, much to my surprise.

Peter King's take. This makes more sense then they they never called me back dribble that Myers put out. At least they decided against it, as questionable as that may be considering our options.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/05/trade/index.html

This doesn't really say anything. It's hard to make a "serious offer" when the other team won't even call you back.

This is funny. Cutler will beat them every game that they lose no matter who they play. They lost a franchise QB that had atleast 10 HOF years in him because the new coach wanted to be an ass secretly and trade for Matt Cassel, but ended up with Kyle Orton.

Genius.

Kyle Orton, two #1s and 3rd > Matt Cassell @ $15m/year. By a lot

Genius.

Why is everyone hung up on McDaniels?

It was Bowlen.

-Bowlen fired Shannahan who Cutler liked.

-Bowlen promised that the OC would stay. Only to fire him after hiring McDaniels.

When he fired Shannhan, he separated the HC and GM positions.

You all are acting like Josh calls all the shots when he is not even the GM. :rolleyes:

Why is everyone hung up on McDaniels?

It was Bowlen.

-Bowlen fired Shannahan who Cutler liked.

-Bowlen promised that the OC would stay. Only to fire him after hiring McDaniels.

When he fired Shannhan, he separated the HC and GM positions.

You all are acting like Josh calls all the shots when he is not even the GM. :rolleyes:

Josh fired OC, not Bowlen

Josh fired OC, not Bowlen

No.

Josh is the HC. No doubt, Josh wanted someone he likes, but Bowlen is the owner. He does the firing.

Bowlen is having Jerry Jones delusions of grandeur.

Archived