Just As I Thought; Jets NEVER HAD A CHANCE!!!

SoFlaJets

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NO! In a highly competitive situation such as this if you take that tact you lose. It's as simple as that..

What do you lose? At least it's not multiple first round picks, a solid player and another pick. Denver didn't want to deal with us. They reamed out middle management pricks for this, but you aren't going to ream out Denver's FO for not seeing if there were better offers out there? Either they knew Tannenbaum would not go that high or Denver is moronic.

NO! In a highly competitive situation such as this if you take that tact you lose. It's as simple as that..

You're still bitter over Cowher, man. If you read my post above, the Broncos were not calling anyone back.

The Broncos are the ones to blame. Just face it. They took the first offer they liked without seeing what anyone else would offer. That's according to the facts.

Your nonchalant claim is also BS. Tanny was calling the agent for crying out loud. Why? To get something done.

What would you be ok offering that would beat that deal?

To be honest IDK, but I know the Jets could've offered pics and player. Most likely get raped but I still think if they wanted to deal with us, we could've beat that deal. Would hate to lose a/some defensive starters.

What do you lose? At least it's not multiple first round picks, a solid player and another pick. Denver didn't want to deal with us. They reamed out middle management pricks for this, but you aren't going to ream out Denver's FO for not seeing if there were better offers out there? Either they knew Tannenbaum would not go that high or Denver is moronic.

Denver is moronic.

Why are people giving them the benefit of the doubt when it was their idiocy which created the situation?

People can read the articles and disregard them or put their own spin (CTM, Aten), but just like in any deal in any industry if one side does not want to negotiate the other side simply can't do anything about it.

This situation is nearly unprecedented in NFL history. 25 year old QB's with Cutlers track record just don't come available like this.

I would've had an admin war dialing those bastards till I got to talk turkey. It's as simple as that.

Calling and waiting for a call back is what you do when Sage Rosenfels is on the trading block, not Jay Cutler..

Denver is moronic.

Why are people giving them the benefit of the doubt when it was their idiocy which created the situation?

People can read the articles and disregard them or put their own spin (CTM, Aten), but just like in any deal in any industry if one side does not want to negotiate the other side simply can't do anything about it.

you have to wonder if mumbles taught joshie anything!!

again he traded Drew in same division to get best offer

This situation is nearly unprecedented in NFL history. 25 year old QB's with Cutlers track record just don't come available like this.

I would've had an admin war dialing those bastards till I got to talk turkey. It's as simple as that.

Calling and waiting for a call back is what you do when Sage Rosenfels is on the trading block, not Jay Cutler..

First off, how the hell do you know there was only ONE phone call? This is getting ridiculous.

You make it sound like Tanny called, left a message and sat around and waited. There are also reports that the Broncos told teams to e-mail and text them and the teams did.

So, Tanny calls the Broncos. He calls Cook. He emails and/or texts the Broncos. Gets absolutely no response.

In CTM/Aten-verse that's all Tanny's fault.

Denver is moronic.

Don't you get it? That's the point. Josh is a retard so you have to hold his hand and walk him through it. You have to be vigilant so he doesn't get distracted by shiny trinkets and neckbeards. And you certainly don't leave any responsibility for getting the deal done in his hands save for giving you a yes or no.

JETS dropped the ball on this, what are you gonna do. I guess we're sticking with Clemens and Ratliff, and waste yet another promising year.

How in the hell did the Jets drop the ball when the Broncos refused to negotiate? The Jets were not alone in getting the cold shoulder.

Just read the article.

To bash Tanny or the Jets on this is crazy.

JETS dropped the ball on this, what are you gonna do. I guess we're sticking with Clemens and Ratliff, and waste yet another promising year.

How do the Jets drop the ball? Denver didn't want to deal with us, and they were looking @ NFC teams to trade him too. Jets FO made it perfectly clear they wanted in on any deals with Cutler, I can't see how you can blame the Jets FO.

Seems like we'll have our fans griping over this forever.

IMO the only way we got him is if Tanny called into Denver with an offer better then what Chicago already gave up... without him having ANY way of knowing what he was up against.

Maybe I'm being a conspiracy theorist here but I believe there's more behind all of this. Some underlying concern about Cutler. His agent wanted this done... FAST. He wanted his QB on a team, to collect a paycheck at an unprecedented speed. With Favre, Cook took his sweet ass time working the Packers over and trying to paint them the bad buy. I dunno, maybe the diabetes/lifestyle thing is more serious then we all know.

Anyways- like anything else in the world people will find some way to be upset or angry. Yea, we lost out but at the same time a lot needed to go right for us to get this it seems. Seeing this report says to me the only team that really won in all of this was the Bears. Cause the Broncos could have gotten more if they fielded more calls and worked the phones.

First off, how the hell do you know there was only ONE phone call? This is getting ridiculous.

You make it sound like Tanny called, left a message and sat around and waited. There are also reports that the Broncos told teams to e-mail and text them and the teams did.

So, Tanny calls the Broncos. He calls Cook. He emails and/or texts the Broncos. Gets absolutely no response.

In CTM/Aten-verse that's all Tanny's fault.

How do you know there was more then 1?

Again, from yesterday, I'm dealing in facts, you in supposition. Here are the facts: 1) We didn't get Cutler 2) We know what the compensation was for the team that did 3) It seems confirmed that Tanny didn't even talk turkey with Denver.

Not acceptable no matter what the excuse. You are the one embellishing.

Don't you get it? That's the point. Josh is a retard so you have to hold his hand and walk him through it. You have to be vigilant so he doesn't get distracted by shiny trinkets and neckbeards. And you certainly don't leave any responsibility for getting the deal done in his hands save for giving you a yes or no.

Aten, I understand that. But guess what? If McMoron is not returning phone calls, emails or texts, what's Tanny suppose to do?

Denver is moronic.

I'm baffled SMC-what some of these guys fail to understand is that THERE WAS NO NEGOTIATING-THEY DIDN'T WANT TO DEAL WITH US They never deal with us unless it's in a 3-way deal that they only have to give something to the 3rd team and not us.

How in the hell did the Jets drop the ball when the Broncos refused to negotiate? The Jets were not alone in getting the cold shoulder.

Just read the article.

To bash Tanny or the Jets on this is crazy.

It takes two to tango, and Denver wanted no part in dealing with us.

Given Tanny's track record with trades (TJ, Jenkins, Favre, Sheppard), it's safe to say he knows what he's doing and how to negotiate.

How do you know there was more then 1?

Again, from yesterday, I'm dealing in facts, you in supposition. Here are the facts: 1) We didn't get Cutler 2) We know what the compensation was for the team that did 3) It seems confirmed that Tanny didn't even talk turkey with Denver.

Not acceptable no matter what the excuse. You are the one embellishing.

I'm dealing in facts as well, facts you ignore.

1) At least 1 voice mail left with Denver

2) At least 1 voice mail left with Bus Cooke

3) At least 1 email/text sent to the Broncos.

4) Nos 1-3 ignored by Broncos

5) Eight other teams besides the Jets got the same silent treatment from the Broncos.

How do the Jets drop the ball? Denver didn't want to deal with us, and they were looking @ NFC teams to trade him too. Jets FO made it perfectly clear they wanted in on any deals with Cutler, I can't see how you can blame the Jets FO.

I would never hire any of you guys who are a-ok with this.. just sayin.

I'd let you babysit my kids though..

Meh, personally I think that getting this riled up over not winning the Cutler sweepstakes is just silly. Tannanbaum's been cranking out the big trades and FA signings pretty damn well for the past 2 offseasons now, and you simply can't win them all; especially considering the amount of teams that were trying in this one. Besides, the dude is well known as one of the more aggressive GM's out there (as evident by the Favre trade and Scott signing), to think that all of a sudden he surgically had his balls removed when it came to this scenario is pretty ridiculous.

I'm dealing in facts as well, facts you ignore.

1) At least 1 voice mail left with Denver

2) At least 1 voice mail left with Bus Cooke

3) At least 1 email/text sent to the Broncos.

4) Nos 1-3 ignored by Broncos

5) Eight other teams besides the Jets got the same silent treatment from the Broncos.

I'm not ignoring them. I'm using those fact as the basis for my claims of incompetance

Again, I've seen people absolutely reamed for the he didn't call me back excuse. If it doesn't fly in cupcake business deals, why should it fly in one dealing with the biggest NFL asset come available in 10 years ..

Given Tanny's track record with trades (TJ, Jenkins, Favre, Sheppard), it's safe to say he knows what he's doing and how to negotiate.

Doesn't matter!!!DON'T YOU SEE THIS GUY IS NO BETTER THEN BRADAWAY!!!

Yea... Seriously it's one trade that he didn't get done and from what I see the other team didn't want to deal with him. Is what it is.

Meh, personally I think that getting this riled up over not winning the Cutler sweepstakes is just silly. Tannanbaum's been cranking out the big trades and FA signings pretty damn well for the past 2 offseasons now, and you simply can't win them all; especially considering the amount of teams that were trying in this one. Besides, the dude is well known as one of the more aggressive GM's out there (as evident by the Favre trade and Scott signing), to think that all of a sudden he surgically had his balls removed when it came to this scenario is pretty ridiculous.

Exactly.

I'm not ignoring them. I'm using those fact as the basis for my claims of incompetance

Again, I've seen people absolutely reamed for the he didn't call me back excuse. If it doesn't fly in cupcake business deals, why should it fly in one dealing with the biggest NFL asset come available in 10 years ..

Incompetent? LOL. You really are bitter.

From L-R, CTM and Aten

StatlerAndWaldorf02.jpg

Do you really not see the difference in competiting with 5 highly interested teams like in the Cutler deal versus competing with 2 mildly interested teams like in any of the deals above?

Doesn't matter!!!DON'T YOU SEE THIS GUY IS NO BETTER THEN BRADAWAY!!!

Yea... Seriously it's one trade that he didn't get done and from what I see the other team didn't want to deal with him. Is what it is.

One thing I just noticed...TJ, Jenkins, Favre, Sheppard...all trades with NFC teams. A similar trend can be seen with other teams as well. It seems like cross conference trades are MUCH more frequent than interconference trades in the NFL.

FIRE TANNENBAUM!!!! MOVE TEAM TO LA!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING BECAUSE WE DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO TRADE FOR A ONCE IN A LIFETIME PRIMA DONNA!!!!!

Time to move on and support whoever our new HC deems his best option to lead this team from under center. I will be either the biggest Ratliff or Clemens fan on the board.

Do you really not see the difference in competiting with 5 highly interested teams like in the Cutler deal versus competing with 2 mildly interested teams like in any of the deals above?

Ah, but the fact that there were so many interested teams indicates that it's quite possible Denver had concluded that they didn't want to deal with us.

Of course there is a difference. It's tough to get upset when it is clear that there was a TON of competition out there to get Cutler. Denver wanted him out of the conference, period.

I would never hire any of you guys who are a-ok with this.. just sayin.

I'd let you babysit my kids though..

I hate kids, I don't understand how you can dispute the facts....we had a better 1st round (17) and 3rd round pick, if they wanted a defensive player we have those too. What are you suppose to do when they don't return your calls? Broncos did not want to deal with us, Jets were the only AFC team mentioned with a interest in JC, please tell me what you would've done to MAKE the Broncos deal with us?

Ah, but the fact that there were so many interested teams indicates that it's quite possible Denver had concluded that they didn't want to deal with us.

they've NEVER dealt with us RJF, hell they even pulled friggin Jeb Putzier away from us after we tried to sign him...the old AFL teams all HATE each other and NEVER deal directly with each other-we have always tried to and HAD to steal from each other but there is a historical precedence that has been set for as long as I've been watching this game.

Archived