Just As I Thought; Jets NEVER HAD A CHANCE!!!

SoFlaJets

One thing I just noticed...TJ, Jenkins, Favre, Sheppard...all trades with NFC teams. A similar trend can be seen with other teams as well. It seems like cross conference trades are MUCH more frequent than interconference trades in the NFL.

Blasphemy.This has nothing to do with the fact Tannenbaum couldn't trade for Jay Cutler.

Good observation though, I seriously cannot hate on him for this. Yea, I'm disappointed, but hey, he's still the worst GM ever.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meh, personally I think that getting this riled up over not winning the Cutler sweepstakes is just silly. Tannanbaum's been cranking out the big trades and FA signings pretty damn well for the past 2 offseasons now, and you simply can't win them all; especially considering the amount of teams that were trying in this one. Besides, the dude is well known as one of the more aggressive GM's out there (as evident by the Favre trade and Scott signing), to think that all of a sudden he surgically had his balls removed when it came to this scenario is pretty ridiculous.

Lots of people are money when it doesn't matter. As soon as the clock strikes October they revert to pumpkins. Hardly unique.

they've NEVER dealt with us RJF, hell they even pulled friggin Jeb Putzier away from us after we tried to sign him...the old AFL teams all HATE each other and NEVER deal directly with each other-we have always tried to and HAD to steal from each other but there is a historical precedence that has been set for as long as I've been watching this game.

I don't even know if it's precedence as is simply just a matter of preference:

1) Denver wanted a somewhat talented, young QB in return.

2) Out of conference if possible.

So Washington calls, Chicago maybe outbids them, they conclude they like these better than anything the Jets could offer short of 3-1st rounders...it makes sense. No need to even bother calling them back considering how busy you are and knowing you won't want what they're offering anyways.

they've NEVER dealt with us RJF, hell they even pulled friggin Jeb Putzier away from us after we tried to sign him...the old AFL teams all HATE each other and NEVER deal directly with each other-we have always tried to and HAD to steal from each other but there is a historical precedence that has been set for as long as I've been watching this game.

Really? Cause actually the pick Denver used to get in range for Cutler involved Denver fleecing us and Atlanta..

Lots of people are money when it doesn't matter. As soon as the clock strikes October they revert to pumpkins. Hardly unique.

Lol. I love watching this cliff jumping.

Hey, let's give back TJ, Jenkins, and Lito and just take Cutler back. I'm sure our team wouldn't feel that difference at all. Not one bit. But hey we'd have Cutler!

Really? Cause actually the pick Denver used to get in range for Cutler involved Denver fleecing us and Atlanta..

Denver and the Jets actually had nothing to do with each other in this deal Chan...unless my ADD is kicking in again....

"The Jets, who designated Abraham as their franchise player in hopes of trading him, finally shipped the disgruntled defensive end to the Atlanta Falcons

Lol. I love watching this cliff jumping.

Nobody's cliff jumping. The issue isn't really that we didn't get Cutler. It's that we apparently perceive a need to explain our not getting Cutler and have decided to offer as such explanation that we were waiting for a call and didn't get one. Not good enough.

Nobody's cliff jumping. The issue isn't really that we didn't get Cutler. It's that we apparently perceive a need explain our not getting Cutler and have decided to offer as such explanation that we were waiting for a call and didn't get one. Not good enough.

to be frank Aten

I would have been in Denver negotiating in person

woody has a private jet right

on plane as soon as it was announced den trading JC

I guess that maybe the need to call repeatedly and stand outside the Denver offices blasting "In Your Eyes" is in direct relation to your desperation for Cutler.

A better excuse would have invited a better retort.

to be frank Aten

I would have been in Denver negotiating in person

woody has a private jet right

on plane as soon as it was announced den trading JC

Would you have been in person? It isn't that the Jets called and Denver missed the phone call and made a deal before they got a chance to call back. Denver was not interested in dealing with them. They wanted him out of the AFC. How hard is that to comprehend? What are you going to do? MAKE them trade him? How? Beat them up? They weren't even interested in hearing an offer from the Jets.

Would you have been in person? It isn't that the Jets called and Denver missed the phone call and made a deal before they got a chance to call back. Denver was not interested in dealing with them. They wanted him out of the AFC. How hard is that to comprehend? What are you going to do? MAKE them trade him? How? Beat them up? They weren't even interested in hearing an offer from the Jets.

i would have been there in person, big deal lots of teams bidding

just my opinion

I guess that maybe the need to call repeatedly and stand outside the Denver offices blasting "In Your Eyes" is in direct relation to your desperation for Cutler. Personally, I'm not wetting myself over missing out on this little sweepstakes. Especially seeing how rich the stakes were.

No, see you have it all WRONG

Woody has a private jet right?

Well the Jets needed to take UPPER MANAGEMENT CLASSES and realize that they needed to "pimp" out the jet, add a stripper pole, top end sound system and a bar with every liquor known to man.

They fly on their Jet to find Jay Cutler. Then they invite Jay Cutler on-board for a little sexy time, knowing he has a weakness for booze. We get him TOTALLY wasted, get some NYC girls to grind up on him. This will then force him to think NYC is the greatest place on earth.

BUT- in order to lock this in, Woody has his people and J&J working on a cure for diabeetus, once he completely develops it in 3 days. In his drunken binge of ecstasy we pump him FULL of sugar. This puts Cutler into critical condition.

Tanny rushes to his rescue and injects him with the cure for diabeetus. Cutler realizes that we've cures his ailment, that he is now diabeetus free, and realizes that he MUST be a Jet.

He wins 5 SB's, Rex Ryan becomes a HoF coach, and Cutler nails Woody's daughter to create the next QB in waiting, of royal Jets blood. Our dynasty will last forever.

The End.

i would have been there in person, big deal lots of teams bidding

just my opinion

So you fly to Denver... then what? You think that is going to make a difference? Is that even how things are done? Would you even get in the building?

No, see you have it all WRONG

Woody has a private jet right?

Well the Jets needed to take UPPER MANAGEMENT CLASSES and realize that they needed to "pimp" out the jet, add a stripper pole, top end sound system and a bar with every liquor known to man.

They fly on their Jet to find Jay Cutler. Then they invite Jay Cutler on-board for a little sexy time, knowing he has a weakness for booze. We get him TOTALLY wasted, get some NYC girls to grind up on him. This will then force him to think NYC is the greatest place on earth.

BUT- in order to lock this in, Woody has his people and J&J working on a cure for diabeetus, once he completely develops it in 3 days. In his drunken binge of ecstasy we pump him FULL of sugar. This puts Cutler into critical condition.

Tanny rushes to his rescue and injects him with the cure for diabeetus. Cutler realizes that we've cures his ailment, that he is now diabeetus free, and realizes that he MUST be a Jet.

He wins 5 SB's, Rex Ryan becomes a HoF coach, and Cutler nails Woody's daughter to create the next QB in waiting, of royal Jets blood. Our dynasty will last forever.

The End.

Finally something plausible.

So you fly to Denver... then what? You think that is going to make a difference? Is that even how things are done? Would you even get in the building?

LOL, *on his way to Denver he watches ESPN, the Bears just traded for JC*

Nobody thought it was gonna happen that fast...

Denver and the Jets actually had nothing to do with each other in this deal Chan...unless my ADD is kicking in again....

"The Jets, who designated Abraham as their franchise player in hopes of trading him, finally shipped the disgruntled defensive end to the Atlanta Falcons

Of course there is a difference. It's tough to get upset when it is clear that there was a TON of competition out there to get Cutler. Denver wanted him out of the conference, period.

A) I don't buy that for a second

B) Big deals like this are like date rape, you don't take no for an answer..

A) I don't buy that for a second

B) Big deals like this are like date rape, you don't take no for an answer..

A) So it's simply a coincidence that the 3 front runners for Cutler were all NFC teams?

B) Sure, in a Madden world. In reality, you don't always get your way.

A) So it's simply a coincidence that the 3 front runners for Cutler were all NFC teams?

B) Sure, in a Madden world. In reality, you don't always get your way.

A) Considering the Jets were the only AFC team with strong interest, I'd say yes. And nobody knows who the front runners really were.

B) The point isn't not getting him, it's not even making sure you had the chance.

Archived