Giants Release Plaxico Burress

Vudu

Funnily enough. Being a hardcore NFL fan isn't exactly common over here. Which sucks.

I think if you introduced the NYJets to them all, they'd love the NFL. Tons of reasons to drink, not that the Irish need any.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2009/04/giants-cut-plaxico-burress.html

April 3, 2009

Giants cut Plaxico Burress

In a shocking development to the ongoing Plaxico Burress saga, the Giants announced just a few moments ago that they have released the troubled receiver, just four months after he shot himself in the thigh at a Manhattan night club.

Its like dude, YOU SHOT YOURSELF IN THE LEG. You didn't get shot up by someone else.

Out at a club... wearing sweat pants... the sweat pants make me seriously doubt him as a real man...

Out at a club... wearing sweat pants... the sweat pants make me seriously doubt him as a real man...

Sweat pants are the most comfortable kind of pants in the world. Whats wrong with being comfortable? You may not wear sweatpants, but you'd be the first person I ever knew that didn't own a pair of sweatpants.

He's a millionare NFL star. He can wear a dress if he wants to.

Its like dude, YOU SHOT YOURSELF IN THE LEG. You didn't get shot up by someone else.

Same thing I said. It's not like he got shot by someone else or he shot someone else. He played with a gun and shot himself. No one was hurt outside of him due to his stupidity.

Yet for some reason Bloomberg wants to "throw the book at him" and they're dragging this along like this was the damn OJ case. All while he's spending all that money that he earned in the NFL.

Damn shame....partly because he did this to himself. Its not like he didnt know that the first time he mess up they were going to treat hiim like he just killed a dog like Michael Vick. ****, dude shot himself. You telling me you dont even have the right to do that? We'll I guess if you're broke you do.

So sad...his life is ruined now, just cause he made a stupid mistake.

I don't look at him like I look at Mike Vick at all.

He was so talented too.

I get a felony gun rap I never work again. And I didn't make $20 million bucks either. Don't feel sorry for him. He's a thug turd. He pissed it all away and he deserves no sympathy. Every pro athlete knows you don't carry weed or an unlicensed piece; that's what lackies are for.

Same thing I said. It's not like he got shot by someone else or he shot someone else. He played with a gun and shot himself. No one was hurt outside of him due to his stupidity.

Yet for some reason Bloomberg wants to "throw the book at him" and they're dragging this along like this was the damn OJ case. All while he's spending all that money that he earned in the NFL.

Damn shame....partly because he did this to himself. Its not like he didnt know that the first time he mess up they were going to treat hiim like he just killed a dog like Michael Vick. ****, dude shot himself. You telling me you dont even have the right to do that? We'll I guess if you're broke you do.

In New York State, possession of an illegal handgun is a felony with a minimum mandatory sentence of 3 years in prison.

Your point--and those similarly like it--have no basis in reality in New York State.

Plaxico was charged with possession of an illegal handgun. The fact that he shot himself in the leg is not the point. If he shot someone on purpuse who lived, guess what the charges would be?

Attempted murder

Possession of an illegal handgun

Plaxico could have had his gun in his car, got stopped in Manhattan for running a red light. If the cops saw the gun, he'd be in as much trouble as he is now.

In New York State, possession of an illegal handgun is a felony with a minimum mandatory sentence of 3 years in prison.

Your point--and those similarly like it--have no basis in reality in New York State.

Plaxico was charged with possession of an illegal handgun. The fact that he shot himself in the leg is not the point. If he shot someone on purpuse who lived, guess what the charges would be?

Attempted murder

Possession of an illegal handgun

Plaxico could have had his gun in his car, got stopped in Manhattan for running a red light. If the cops saw the gun, he'd be in as much trouble as he is now.

I don't understand how this is glossed-over at all.

Should drunk drivers not be prosecuted either if they didn't kill anyone?

Should a jackoff driving 90mph through a school zone not get ticketed or arrested if he didn't hit any kids with his car?

If I let my unsupervised 2 year-old play with a loaded handgun and no one gets harmed should I still be allowed to raise my own kid?

These are laws because they are dangerous and avoidable situations whether or not the danger ended up materializing in someone's death.

I don't understand how this is glossed-over at all.

Should drunk drivers not be prosecuted either if they didn't kill anyone?

Should a jackoff driving 90mph through a school zone not get ticketed or arrested if he didn't hit any kids with his car?

If I let my unsupervised 2 year-old play with a loaded handgun and no one gets harmed should I still be allowed to raise my own kid?

These are laws because they are dangerous and avoidable situations whether or not the danger ended up materializing in someone's death.

That's all fine and good but how is he going to play for the Jets if he is in jail. ANSWER ME THAT ONE!

Archived