Giants Release Plaxico Burress

Vudu

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2009/04/giants-cut-plaxico-burress.html

April 3, 2009

Giants cut Plaxico Burress

In a shocking development to the ongoing Plaxico Burress saga, the Giants announced just a few moments ago that they have released the troubled receiver, just four months after he shot himself in the thigh at a Manhattan night club.

“I am an optimist, and I believe most situations can be worked out,” said General Manager Jerry Reese. “We hung in there as long as we could in hopes that there could be a resolution to this situation other than the decision we made today to release Plaxico. It wasn’t to be, so now we have to move on. Like everybody else here, we want nothing but the best for Plaxico, and we are appreciative of the contributions he made to this franchise.”

So sad...his life is ruined now, just cause he made a stupid mistake.

I don't look at him like I look at Mike Vick at all.

He was so talented too.

I tried to feel abd for him... but the dude was wearing sweat pants at the club... lol

Eli sucks without Plax. Another one and done for the Giants in the playoffs this year?

Did you see their record after he shot himself? I'm not so sure they'll even make the playoffs this year, although they should.

Did you see their record after he shot himself? I'm not so sure they'll even make the playoffs this year, although they should.

I think they lost 4 of their last 5 and then Eli played like garbage in the playoff game against Philly.

Eli needs his safety blanket. If he doesn't have it he sucks.

he is not going to jail for 3 years ...please

I didn't say he was going to jail for 3 years.

I said it would be difficult to plead out of it because of the minimum sentencing guidelines.

You really are an assmop. :D

I didn't say he was going to jail for 3 years.

I said it would be difficult to plead out of it because of the minimum sentencing guidelines.

You really are an assmop. :D

the hardest part about him getting to plead it down is the fact that he pulled a cheddar bob. Not very hard to prosecute a case where a 6 foot 6 celebrity shoots himself in the leg in a club in front of a few people.

How unfortunate!!!...i feel for the brother...these coming months will probably be one of if not the most difficult times he's faced in his life!!!

hahahahaha, you feel for him? He did this 100% to himself. The guy was out in a club on a weekend when he wasn't playing due to injury with a gun in his waistband and shot himself in the leg. The guy has millions in the bank and could hire a team of blackwater commandos as bodyguards if he wants to. He is a dumb@ss and has been a dumb@ss from when he was in college. The Steelers realized they wanted no part of him and now the Giants are realizing the same. Sorry if i don't feel much sympathy for an overgrown child who makes millions playing a game that any of us would give anything to experience and a person who is so stupid as to shoot himself in the leg with his own illegal firearm.

Also, stupidity like this is fuel for the fire of liberals who want to trample our constituional rights to bare arms. I am all for legal gun ownership, and if you can't live under the confines of law then you get everything you deserve.

hahahahaha, you feel for him? He did this 100% to himself. The guy was out in a club on a weekend when he wasn't playing due to injury with a gun in his waistband and shot himself in the leg. The guy has millions in the bank and could hire a team of blackwater commandos as bodyguards if he wants to. He is a dumb@ss and has been a dumb@ss from when he was in college. The Steelers realized they wanted no part of him and now the Giants are realizing the same. Sorry if i don't feel much sympathy for an overgrown child who makes millions playing a game that any of us would give anything to experience and a person who is so stupid as to shoot himself in the leg with his own illegal firearm.

Also, stupidity like this is fuel for the fire of liberals who want to trample our constituional rights to bare arms. I am all for legal gun ownership, and if you can't live under the confines of law then you get everything you deserve.

No reason to bring politics into this Joe. he is a jerk and it shows by two class organizations Steelers and Giants want no part of him.

No reason to bring politics into this Joe. he is a jerk and it shows by two class organizations Steelers and Giants want no part of him.

I wasn't really trying to bring politics into it, sorry if anyone took it that way. I think everyone would agree that liberals are generally against gun ownership under their interpretation of the constitution and when dumbasses like this do stupid things it makes it harder for those who favor gun ownership legally. I guess i was talking more constitutionally then politically. But like i said, not in any way trying to make it political.

Archived