What are the Bucs thinking?

Gainzo

Who is going to throw Winslow the ball? Will he finally be healthy and stay out of trouble?

Kellen Winslow has signed a six-year contract extension with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers that could pay as much as $42.1 million, FOXSports.com has learned.

According to agent Drew Rosenhaus, Winslow's $36.1 million contract includes $20.1 million in guaranteed money

Who is going to throw Winslow the ball? Will he finally be healthy and stay out of trouble?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9422170/Source:-Star-TE-inks-huge-extension-with-Bucs-?MSNHPHMA

I was wondering the same thing.

Minnesota defintely should have been and Tampa to a lesser degree in the Cassell and Cutler sweepstakes.

Minnesota is in the weaker conference and won the division with crap at QB. Imagine how effective Adrian Peterson could be with a decent QB in front of him.

and you care why?

dumb teams make dumb moves. Besides the bucs ownership cares more about some soccer team they own rather than the bucs

It's a real dumb move, and I will never do it. BUT, the Bucs can F'ing afford it.

I read that they protected themselves somewhat. Something like 7 million is guaranteed only if he gets injured. If he just stinks they are not on the hook. I think another 6 million or so also has some kind of insurance against him playing poorly or hurting himself on a motorcycle or doing something stupid. Its still a stupid contract for a guy who only is cared about so much because of his last name, but it makes it at least a bit better.

Archived