2009/10 NCAA basketball Thread

SouthernJet

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tobias Harris to UT. Disappoiting, but can't say I'm surprised.

Now let's go beat Cal!!! Ohio State-UNC should be a good one as well.

This is probably why JayVaughn Pinkston is holding his signing until the spring. This pretty much ices his interest in the Vols.

Domination. 95-72 over the #12 ranked team in the Nation. Looks like the rankings will be changing soon.

This is the best I've seen a Syracuse team look since the Carmelo days. This defense is something else.

Bring on the Heels!!! I hope UNC wins tonight.

Domination. 95-72 over the #12 ranked team in the Nation. Looks like the rankings will be changing soon.

This is the best I've seen a Syracuse team look since the Carmelo days. This defense is something else.

'Cuse looked good, but Cal was overrated.

Question for y'all..

During UNC game, Dick Vitale said "Syracuse dominated a Cal team tonight that was missing several of its top players". Thats all he said , he didnt go into detail..

Who was out for Cal?? Starters??

'Cuse looked good, but Cal was overrated.

Cal was also shorthanded. I think Cal will be a really good team, a FF caliber team but they were not at full strength last night. Not to take credit away from SU b/c they played great and would have won regardless but I don't think it would have been a blowout.

Every Big East team remains undefeated. Despite early tests... what was that rumor I heard about this being a down year? The deck was just shuffled a bit.

Who are the BE teams that played anyone?

SU beat undermanned Cal(but they were impressive) but other than that what BE team has beaten a good team?

ND beat: St. Francis(PA), Long Beach State and North Florida

Nova squeaked by George mason and also beat FDU and Penn

UConn beat William & Mary, Colgate and Hofstra

Pitt beat Wofford by 3, eastern KY and binghampton

Cincy beat Prairie View and Toledo

GU beat Tulane and then Temple by a point at home

UL beat Ark

WVU beat Loyola(Md)

Let's not start the BE crap again. We saw what you guys were all about at the Final Four last year.

UNC still young and raw..Will be a major effort to win two in a row on road at Garden..

But they will learn in process, as I am sure they will learn about sitting on leads like they did vs OSU. :(

For a young team it's better to win the way they did rather than holding onto that double digit lead. they had to make plays in the final 30 secs to seal it and that's a good thing.

Cuse under ranked and my baby heels over -ranked right now..

great win by cuse and a good loss for roy to teach the youngins for march battles.. Roy way have to bench drew in favor of a rotation or gut it out till next year when kendall marshall arrives..nyjunc , what would u do about pg,,imho drew a weak link..

good luck rest of way..we are a work in progress and hope to see ya in march..

Cuse under ranked and my baby heels over -ranked right now..

great win by cuse and a good loss for roy to teach the youngins for march battles.. Roy way have to bench drew in favor of a rotation or gut it out till next year when kendall marshall arrives..nyjunc , what would u do about pg,,imho drew a weak link..

good luck rest of way..we are a work in progress and hope to we ya in march..

UNC is young and talented, but they have no true PG this so far. Or real outside shooting threat. I don't know about the shooting, but maybe as the season goes on, a real PG will emerge. Just going on what I saw last night.

Rebuilding year for the Heels, but there is no doubt they will grow as a team and be right in the hunt come Feb/March. Looking forward to a fun season SJ, best of luck to your Heels, unless we happen to face each other again. ;)

UNC is young and talented, but they have no true PG this so far. Or real outside shooting threat. I don't know about the shooting, but maybe as the season goes on, a real PG will emerge. Just going on what I saw last night.

Rebuilding year for the Heels, but there is no doubt they will grow as a team and be right in the hunt come Feb/March. Looking forward to a fun season SJ, best of luck to your Heels, unless we happen to face each other again. ;)

yes, PG and shooting is usually what takes a little time to develop on a YOUNG team..

We have Marshall next year for PG and Barnes and Bullock for shooting, along with some 5 star frosh on bench that Roy is 'seasoning'. I assume we will see these kids as season wears on and they earn playing time by what they do in practice., I have no worries, as JGBs said to me this morning, " a rebuilding year for UNC is maybe 2nd place in ACC and a NCAA berth with a win or two"

yes, PG and shooting is usually what takes a little time to develop on a YOUNG team..

We have Marshall next year for PG and Barnes and Bullock for shooting, along with some 5 star frosh on bench that Roy is 'seasoning'. I assume we will see these kids as season wears on and they earn playing time by what they do in practice., I have no worries, as JGBs said to me this morning, " a rebuilding year for UNC is maybe 2nd place in ACC and a NCAA berth with a win or two"

What are your thoughts on Cuse's tourney potential after watching them? I'm thinking I can easily see this team in the Sweet 16

What are your thoughts on Cuse's tourney potential after watching them? I'm thinking I can easily see this team in the Sweet 16

sorry, WAY too early.

Long season ahead and just like you cant judge Cuse's NCAA hopes by LeMoyne game, you cant judge by last nights game either .

I am sur ethey will make tourney, but how far they go wont be determined by November play, but by February play.

Lots of getting better or not jelling for young teams and lots of staying focused or losing focus left for older vet teams.

I think both UNC and Cuse make NCAAs but have no idea until Feb. how far they go, especially UNC since we have all new starters on floor.

sorry, WAY too early.

Long season ahead and just like you cant judge Cuse's NCAA hopes by LeMoyne game, you cant judge by last nights game either .

I am sur ethey will make tourney, but how far they go wont be determined by November play, but by February play.

Lots of getting better or not jelling for young teams and lots of staying focused or losing focus left for older vet teams.

I think both UNC and Cuse make NCAAs but have no idea until Feb. how far they go, especially UNC since we have all new starters on floor.

Of course it's too early. That's why I said POTENTIAL. They have a good team this year. Plus, college season is long, so there's no harm in speculating. That's one of the best parts about sports, IMO.

Anyway, I'm hyped up but I know Feb/March is more important.

Of course it's too early. That's why I said POTENTIAL. They have a good team this year. Plus, college season is long, so there's no harm in speculating. That's one of the best parts about sports, IMO.

Anyway, I'm hyped up but I know Feb/March is more important.

definitly potential for a Cuse Sweet 16.

I am just so used to Tobacco Road where the coaches use Nov/Dec tuf road games to tinker and teach their teams that I never put much stock in or get too high or too low about BBall games until Jan/Feb :D

They have played great but to be honest Carolina was ranked a little too high and I said that long before we lost. It's still very early but obviously you have to love what you see out of SU so far.

I don't see any dominant teams yet so it looks wide open but that can change. This team if they keep playing smart and keep getting better has potential to do damage in March.

definitly potential for a Cuse Sweet 16.

I am just so used to Tobacco Road where the coaches use Nov/Dec tuf road games to tinker and teach their teams that I never put much stock in or get too high or too low about BBall games until Jan/Feb :D

I think our worst fears came true in that 2nd half. We know this team will get better, that was a bad showing last night. I had the chance to sit courtside last night and seeing John henson up close- he looks skinny on TV but seeing how tall and skinny he is in person is amazing. He looks lost out there right now, that's a guy I expect to develop that will be a major contributor later in the season.

They have played great but to be honest Carolina was ranked a little too high and I said that long before we lost. It's still very early but obviously you have to love what you see out of SU so far.

I don't see any dominant teams yet so it looks wide open but that can change. This team if they keep playing smart and keep getting better has potential to do damage in March.

I think our worst fears came true in that 2nd half. We know this team will get better, that was a bad showing last night. I had the chance to sit courtside last night and seeing John henson up close- he looks skinny on TV but seeing how tall and skinny he is in person is amazing. He looks lost out there right now, that's a guy I expect to develop that will be a major contributor later in the season.

i agree 100%..imho henson and davis will be HUGE factors come march..i still worry about PG play in close tight games though..until marshall takes over next year that is :D

i agree 100%..imho henson and davis will be HUGE factors come march..i still worry about PG play in close tight games though..until marshall takes over next year that is :D

I have some confidence in Drew but nobody else at this point. Dexter isn't ready yet but he's being forced to play the point. On another note I'm really impressed w/ the 2 least heralded freshman- the Wear twins.

I have some confidence in Drew but nobody else at this point. Dexter isn't ready yet but he's being forced to play the point. On another note I'm really impressed w/ the 2 least heralded freshman- the Wear twins.

ya wears look good, and I also see no PG solution this year..will cost us several times down the road,,i just hope marshall can step in day one next year..drew will be a great backup for 2011/12, but not a starter imho

USA TODAY/ESPN

1. Kansas (28) 3-0 772

2. Michigan State (2) 2-0 734

3. Texas 2-0 698

4. Villanova 3-0 655

5. Kentucky 3-0 642

6. Purdue 1-0 588

7. Duke (1) 3-0 587

8. West Virginia 1-0 532

9. Syracuse 3-0 481

10. Butler 2-0 475

11. Tennessee 2-0 464