2009/10 NCAA basketball Thread

SouthernJet

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5-0... Well, now you're just trying to be like Villanova. Copycats!

Haha. The simple truth is that thus far nobody in the nation has even close to as good of a resume as Syracuse. Oh, and I love how the Big East in a "down year" is still either the best or 2nd best conference in the nation.. 6 in the top 25 and about to be 7 now that Cinci just beat 2 top 25 teams back to back.

Haha. The simple truth is that thus far nobody in the nation has even close to as good of a resume as Syracuse. Oh, and I love how the Big East in a "down year" is still either the best or 2nd best conference in the nation.. 6 in the top 25 and about to be 7 now that Cinci just beat 2 top 25 teams back to back.

Big East is tops in RPI. 8 in the top-25 of RPI right now.

Florida beats Michigan!!!

We got some players again, maybe not this year, but the Gators will be good again soon.

Michigan State ;) There's a difference. Great win for you guys.

Anyway, the Cuse goes down to FL in 2 weeks to play the Gators, should be a good one.

We got some players again, maybe not this year, but the Gators will be good again soon.

Michigan State ;) There's a difference. Great win for you guys.

Anyway, the Cuse goes down to FL in 2 weeks to play the Gators, should be a good one.

What makes him overrated? Feel free to defend your position. There's a reason most think he's going to be the antional player of the year. I'd love to hear this explanation.

1) Flipper Shot

and

2) the fact that he won't be an NBA first-rounder and may not get a contract at all

and

3) No defense

and

4) Takes more shots than AI... most players can score 20+ per game if they're taking 22 shots.

For illustration on point 4: Scottie Reynolds took 420 shots last year on a Final Four run (38 games). Harangody took 653 shots over 34 games last season. Maybe I should compare him to another PF to be more fair: Dante Cunningham took 465 shots over 38 games last year. This year 'Gody has taken 89 shots already - Lazar Heyward is the only Big East player to come close at 77.

What makes him overrated? Feel free to defend your position. There's a reason most think he's going to be the antional player of the year. I'd love to hear this explanation.

1) Flipper Shot

and

2) the fact that he won't be an NBA first-rounder and may not get a contract at all

and

3) No defense

and

4) Takes more shots than AI... most players can score 20+ per game if they're taking 22 shots.

For illustration on point 4: Scottie Reynolds took 420 shots last year on a Final Four run (38 games). Harangody took 653 shots over 34 games last season. Maybe I should compare him to another PF to be more fair: Dante Cunningham took 465 shots over 38 games last year. This year 'Gody has taken 89 shots already - Lazar Heyward is the only Big East player to come close at 77.

1) Flipper Shot

and

and

3) No defense

and

1. Flipper shot? What does that even mean. He's expanded his range and has a pretty good jump shot.

2. If he doesn't get drafted in the first round that would mean every single NBA team would be making a mistake. Look how well DeJuan Blair has been doing.

3. He plays defense, he's usually just gurding guys 5 or 6 inches taller than him with big wingspans. He's almost always at a disadvantage height wise. Even so, he rebounds the ball plenty.

4. He has to take a lot of shots because he is the best player and his teammates don't usually score in bunches. They run the offense through him and it definitely shows. He does take a lot of shots, but he also makes a lot of them. He's shooting at a 53% clip right now.

None of what you said makes him overrated. Tim Tebow might not get drafted in the first round of the NFL draft. Does that make him an overrated college football player?

It's about time. I knew UF would drop a bit after losing the players fromt heir title teams but thye fell off the map completely the last 2 years. That's a great win over a really good MSU team, hopefully for you guys you can build on it.

1) Flipper Shot

and

and

3) No defense

and

Who cares if he is an NBA 1st rounder or not? It's about what he is doing in COLLEGE. He was BE POY 2 years ago, I think he and the program slipped last year but he's still a big time COLLEGE player.

They always do...this time of year. UConn is alot like the Heels- young, talented but ranked a bit too high.

Don't we see the articles every year around this time about how duke is a title contender? :yawn:

ya, but this is the ONLY year in foreseeable future they may get is once or twice

ya, but this is the ONLY year in foreseeable future they may get is once or twice

Actually if Singler sticks around(I think K will name him Captain:D) they have a good class coming in next year and they can make a run. They have Irving, Thornton, Hairston, Barnes(oops, they don't have him:D) and Seth Curry becomes eligible. I think they'll have a better chance for a deep run next year. of course next year they'll have to deal w/ a much better Heels squad but I think, for once, they'll have a legit title contending team.

Syracuse actually got one pollster to put them at #1. Truth be told, no team has played better thus far, IMO.

2nd week in a row... probably the same person. But I agree that Syracuse has been the most impressive of any team so far. Yes, the only two top25 opponents they have faced so far were both somewhat overrated, but we completely dismantled both of them... Florida a week from Thursday is going to be another huge test for us.

The heels were great last night, a glimpse at what this young team can become if we have patience. There will still be games like the SU game but hopefully they can develop a consistency as we head towards March. Larry Drew is looking more comfortable every game as are the freshman.

The heels were great last night, a glimpse at what this young team can become if we have patience. There will still be games like the SU game but hopefully they can develop a consistency as we head towards March. Larry Drew is looking more comfortable every game as are the freshman.

agree..

more than any team in top 25, the young Tar Heels probably have the best chance to be most improved over where they are early in season.

Drew and Ed Davis played great games last night. Probably the best I've ever seen them play. Davis is going to be an all-American at the end of the year. I agree with Dick Vitale when he said that Davis should be putting up 20 and 12 every night.

Still, UNC drove me crazy with the missed free throws at the end of the game. Things might have gotten a bit more interesting if Michigan St. had secured those rebounds instead of letting Graves tip them out to Drew.

Drew and Ed Davis played great games last night. Probably the best I've ever seen them play. Davis is going to be an all-American at the end of the year. I agree with Dick Vitale when he said that Davis should be putting up 20 and 12 every night.

Still, UNC drove me crazy with the missed free throws at the end of the game. Things might have gotten a bit more interesting if Michigan St. had secured those rebounds instead of letting Graves tip them out to Drew.

yup..young young team...

give them 3 months to mature and gain composure and i think we have another sweet 16 team

Archived