2009/10 NCAA basketball Thread

SouthernJet

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The heels were great last night, a glimpse at what this young team can become if we have patience. There will still be games like the SU game but hopefully they can develop a consistency as we head towards March. Larry Drew is looking more comfortable every game as are the freshman.

what do u think of ginyard loss?? I am hearing lights out again sadly..

also, I assume u follow Heels football..I see Pitt a 3 pt favorite ,,For the life of me, in Charlotte, I see the Heels winning by 7 or more.

• 2 weeks later...
12-0... The REAL season (BE Play) starts a week from today for SU as the travel to South Orange, NJ to take on Seton Hall.

Um. Seton Hall doesn't play any games on campus that I am aware of... The game (and SU's travel destination) is in Newark, NJ.

what do u think of ginyard loss?? I am hearing lights out again sadly..

also, I assume u follow Heels football..I see Pitt a 3 pt favorite ,,For the life of me, in Charlotte, I see the Heels winning by 7 or more.

It seems Ginyard is ok which is great news.

The football team has been a big disappointment this year but I do expect them to go out on a winning note. it should be an interesting game w/ a good Pitt team. Having the game in Charlotte helps but they lost in the same bowl last year so they better play more like they were in the win streak than they did early in the year(or vs. State).

Excuse me. There is only one real Wildcats team. They have 2000 wins, more than any NCAA team, and come from Kentucky. GO BIG BLUE!!

They have been playing basketball longer than anyone else and every few years they find mysterious wins from the 20s to pad their total.:D

Excuse me. There is only one real Wildcats team. They have 2000 wins, more than any NCAA team, and come from Kentucky. GO BIG BLUE!!

Thank you for that tremendously obnoxious picture... time for facts:

Fact 1) The Cincinnati Reds used to have more wins than any other MLB team. That doesn't mean they don't still suck. Now the winningest team is the San Francisco Giants. Longevity will get you either a lot of wins or losses it just depends on which side of mediocre you were on.

Fact 2) There are more College teams using "wildcats" than any other mascot. Deal with it. UK is as unoriginal as the rest of us.

Fact 3) UK has proven by hiring Calipari that they are more concerned with winning than with academics or NCAA rules. Enjoy those wins now, because they're coming off the books around the same time that Coach Cal decides it's time to move on to UCLA.

• 2 weeks later...

The heels are terrible, it's disappointing b/c they just don't seem to be getting better. It's the same mistakes over and over. Losing at Clemson is ok but to not be competitive is not ok. They have Ga tech at home saturday, it's almost a must win game at this point in the season.

The heels are terrible, it's disappointing b/c they just don't seem to be getting better. It's the same mistakes over and over. Losing at Clemson is ok but to not be competitive is not ok. They have Ga tech at home saturday, it's almost a must win game at this point in the season.

ya , at this point i think roy needs to play the 'pieces' he sees being part of the rotation next year with the incoming killer class.

Start next years 'practice' now :(

ya , at this point i think roy needs to play the 'pieces' he sees being part of the rotation next year with the incoming killer class.

Start next years 'practice' now :(

He'll never quit on the season like that. You can't, you're not having a year even close to bad enough.

He'll never quit on the season like that. You can't, you're not having a year even close to bad enough.

I dont mean quit. I mean maybe forego a few wons for the bigger picture next year.

Ya its bad down here when you are hovering in the 20s ;)

The Heels showed some fight saturday which was great but still fell short vs. ga tech Saturday. They can't keep allowing these huge runs by opponents, they got down big int he 1sy half and fought all the way back to take the lead but a few critical mistakes(Drew struggled down the stretch) cost them the game.

Also, Zeller is hurt again and out at least 4-6 weeks.

Good win over Notre Dame for the 'Cuse. Villanova ended its yips against Georgetown this week as well.

A lot of 'Nova fans are celebrating the Texas loss, but I don't think it was a bad enough loss to move Villanova up.

good luck to you guys...:D

Good win over Notre Dame for the 'Cuse. Villanova ended its yips against Georgetown this week as well.

A lot of 'Nova fans are celebrating the Texas loss, but I don't think it was a bad enough loss to move Villanova up.

A lot of Cuse fans were excited about that Texas L as well, but I agree, given that it was on the road vs another top ten team, I dont see Texas dropping any lower than 3... I see the rankings being something like this:

1 - Kentucky

2 - Kansas

3 - Texas

4 - Nova

5 - Syracuse

BTW, if those 4 and 5 can hold up where they are for a little over a month, we're looking at one of the most anticipated regular season matchups ever at the Carrier Dome on Gameday Feb. 27th.... Man would that be nuts!!

BTW, if those 4 and 5 can hold up where they are for a little over a month, we're looking at one of the most anticipated regular season matchups ever at the Carrier Dome on Gameday Feb. 27th.... Man would that be nuts!!

That would be pretty crazy. Villanova has the softest stretch of it's schedule coming up to close out January. Rutgers, St. Johns, Notre Dame and Seton Hall. Not all of them are pushovers (Rutgers is), but its about as soft as our conference schedule gets right there.

That would be pretty crazy. Villanova has the softest stretch of it's schedule coming up to close out January. Rutgers, St. Johns, Notre Dame and Seton Hall. Not all of them are pushovers (Rutgers is), but its about as soft as our conference schedule gets right there.

Syracuse's next 5 is:

Sat Jan 23rd, vs. Marquette

Mon, Jan 25th vs. Georgetown (ESPN BIG MONDAY)

Sat, Jan 30th, @ Depaul

Tues, Feb 2nd, vs. Providence

Archived