2009/10 NCAA basketball Thread

SouthernJet

Syracuse up 60-12 vs. UMaine at the half. Good tune up before the Orange head to Tampa to take on the Gators on Thursday. I love this team, so much fun to watch.

60-12? Is that even possible!? :rl: Man, that's pathetic.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now I kind of want to see if Maine can beat NJIT... that is absolutely pathetic. Even against Syracuse, you should be able to manage better than that, right?

I don't know, man. The Syracuse zone is pretty filthy this year. Florida will get blown out. And they will be our only real test in December. I can't wait for real, competitive basketball (a.k.a. In-Conference Opponents).

I don't know, man. The Syracuse zone is pretty filthy this year. Florida will get blown out. And they will be our only real test in December. I can't wait for real, competitive basketball (a.k.a. In-Conference Opponents).

Villanova's only pre-Big East test is tomorrow against Maryland. I don't know if we'll blow them out, our shooting (really shot selection, we jack up a lot of unnecessary 3s) has to improve, but our defense keeps things under control. 'Nova isn't really a zone team though, but our man D has been pretty effective (see: 2009 NCAA Tourney wins over UCLA & Duke).

Some team Stat NCAA Rankings that make me smile:

SYRACUSE STAT RANKING:

Scoring Offense -- 90.4 ppg -- 2nd in Nation

Team FG% -- 55.7% -- 1st in Nation

Assists/Game -- 23.6 -- 1st in Nation

Steals/Game -- 14.3 -- 1st in Nation

Blocks/Game -- 8.6 -- 2nd in Nation

3 PT FG% -- 42.0% -- 19th in Nation

Avg Margin of Victory -- 28.8 ppg -- 2nd in Nation

For those of you not aware, this team is really F**king good, you guys!!

The Heels fought back to make it a game at UK Saturday but UK hit some clutch FTs and the Heels missed a few opportunities to tie down 3 w/ the ball in the final mins. The game was really decided on a 28-2 UK run in the 1st half. The heels were dreadful in the 1st half but battled back and showed us something- just another growing pain. Only one more test before ACC play begins and that's at #2 Texas(at Cowboys Stadium) a week from Saturday.

The Heels fought back to make it a game at UK Saturday but UK hit some clutch FTs and the Heels missed a few opportunities to tie down 3 w/ the ball in the final mins. The game was really decided on a 28-2 UK run in the 1st half. The heels were dreadful in the 1st half but battled back and showed us something- just another growing pain. Only one more test before ACC play begins and that's at #2 Texas(at Cowboys Stadium) a week from Saturday.

Yeah, UNC made that a game at the end... Obviously for RPI purposes I was rooting for you guys to pull out the W. Hopefully you can beat UT.

Syracuse's last real test before BE play begins is on Thursday vs Florida. The game is being played as part of the BE/SEC Invitational in the SEC site, Tampa Bay. (MSG is the BE site -- Uconn plays Kentucky there)...

I can't remember seeing a November/December schedule so stacked as the Tar Heels is this year. All these games should provide great experience for the youngsters.

I can't remember seeing a November/December schedule so stacked as the Tar Heels is this year. All these games should provide great experience for the youngsters.

The worry was it could bury a young team but they have come through it well. Even if they get beat in Arlington against Texas they still beat MSU and OSU and played tough in a hostile environment against UK plus they were exposed to the SU zone. It's been a great learning 30 days or so and this team is showing signs of being really good. It should be a fun final few months.

The worry was it could bury a young team but they have come through it well. Even if they get beat in Arlington against Texas they still beat MSU and OSU and played tough in a hostile environment against UK plus they were exposed to the SU zone. It's been a great learning 30 days or so and this team is showing signs of being really good. It should be a fun final few months.

Good luck to you the rest of the way NYJUNC... And sorry in advance for kicking your ass in the inevitable to come Big East vs ACC debate, LOL.

The Tar Heels are young and Roy wasnt afraid to stack their non-con in order to speed up the learning curve so that they're ready when it counts. Id be shocked if UNC didn't end up with a 3 or 4 seed in the NCAAs. if not higher. Maybe we'll meet again for a big one in March.

Good luck to you the rest of the way NYJUNC... And sorry in advance for kicking your ass in the inevitable to come Big East vs ACC debate, LOL.

The Tar Heels are young and Roy wasnt afraid to stack their non-con in order to speed up the learning curve so that they're ready when it counts. Id be shocked if UNC didn't end up with a 3 or 4 seed in the NCAAs. if not higher. Maybe we'll meet again for a big one in March.

It's actually pretty even w/ duke beating SJU and 2 ACC teams beating Marquette recently. 'Nova beat MD to help but I believe the head to head is very close.

It's actually pretty even w/ duke beating SJU and 2 ACC teams beating Marquette recently. 'Nova beat MD to help but I believe the head to head is very close.

Dont forget UNC's little spanking (okay, not so little) at the Garden by Syracuse. Anyway, Im busy with work now (Duh, cant you tell) but when I get home this evening Im definitely gonna do some research on the schedule so far this year...

Oh, and before I forget... the Big 10?? Really?

Dont forget UNC's little spanking (okay, not so little) at the Garden by Syracuse. Anyway, Im busy with work now (Duh, cant you tell) but when I get home this evening Im definitely gonna do some research on the schedule so far this year...

Oh, and before I forget... the Big 10?? Really?

You had a nice run in the 2nd half against a young and improving heels squad, games like that will happen. I think we'll be better come March.

Co-signed.

Btw, for any Big 5 fans: The Hawk is Dead!

Man, how many close games against inferior teams are you guys gunna have to play? The Big East is going to be a gauntlet once again (even though everyone KNEW it was going to be a HUGE down year for the conference...We only have 3 in the top10 right now and only 6 in the top 25). Anyway, if you have to sneak out of games vs St Joe's, Dayton, and whoever else... What are you going to do about WVU, Syracuse, Gtown, Uconn.... One of those teams (Nova, SU, WVU, Gtown, UConn) will most likely be last yrs GTown who had a great non-con and completely shat the bed during conf play. Just hope its not Syracuse.

Anyway, big game for SU vs Florida tonight in Tampa... Its at 9 on ESPN. Actually havent seen the Gators play yet this season so I cant offer much insight... I just hope we come ready to play like we have the 1st eight games!

Man, how many close games against inferior teams are you guys gunna have to play? The Big East is going to be a gauntlet once again (even though everyone KNEW it was going to be a HUGE down year for the conference...We only have 3 in the top10 right now and only 6 in the top 25). Anyway, if you have to sneak out of games vs St Joe's, Dayton, and whoever else... What are you going to do about WVU, Syracuse, Gtown, Uconn.... One of those teams (Nova, SU, WVU, Gtown, UConn) will most likely be last yrs GTown who had a great non-con and completely shat the bed during conf play. Just hope its not Syracuse.

Anyway, big game for SU vs Florida tonight in Tampa... Its at 9 on ESPN. Actually havent seen the Gators play yet this season so I cant offer much insight... I just hope we come ready to play like we have the 1st eight games!

Can we just start the game now and end this early,.. The announcers are so bored theyre only talking about our game and some kids hair cut...

And Im quoting myself in the College Sports thread in Jetnation..Gawd is DePaul bad!! LOL

As long as we dont have an epic meltdown vs St Francis on Sunday, Im looking forward to having a number between 2-5 next to Syracus's name...And for another 1 vote from Dick Weiss, LOL.

My Top 5:

1. Kansas

2. Syracuse

3. Texas

4. Kentucky

5. West Virginia

Projected Top 5 Poll:

1. Kansas

2. Texas

3. Kentucky

4. Syracuse

5. Purdue

Can you predict the future? Did you know Nova was going to lose this weekend??

Ugh. I want to barf. That was a horrible loss. Temple is good and they played tough. Our defense just let them have that open shot repeatedly. It was infuriating.

Reggie Redding is back as of the next game, so the D should improve. Yarou might not be out all season either. I'm not too optimistic about that though.

Who has WVU beat to be considered a top 5 team? It's a joke that they are even top 10 w/ that weak schedule.

And who exactly had the #1 team in the country played? By your logic, Kansas doesn't deserve to be in the top 10.

Look out for WV, they have a great defense and I think they are among the nation's elite. I didn't say they would be ranked in the top 5, I said they are one of the 5 best in the nation in my opinion.

And who exactly had the #1 team in the country played? By your logic, Kansas doesn't deserve to be in the top 10.

Look out for WV, they have a great defense and I think they are among the nation's elite. I didn't say they would be ranked in the top 5, I said they are one of the 5 best in the nation in my opinion.

Kansas at least tried to schedule a few tough games. It's not their fault that Calipari left memphis and that UCLA isn't good this year.

WVU has played:

Loyola(MD)

The Citadel

Long Beach St.

Tex A&M

Portland(not the Blazers)

Duquesne

Coppin State

That's a complete joke and teams should be penalized for playing a sched like that.

I have seen a litle bit of WVU, they have alot of work to do to become a top 5 team. They have a good coach, they have talent and they should get better but they have work to do.

Archived