New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning... well at least for some of the players. For a couple though, not quite so much.

As it turns out, over the course of the night apparently someone called the police on our friend JiF. When they showed up, they almost immediately stumbled upon a very conveniently placed bag of drugs. This certainly wreaked of a setup, but he was still brought downtown and Woody Johnson had no desire to hear any excuses and he took immediate action. Kris Jenkins (JiF) has been suspended.

kris-jenkins.jpg

But that wasn't the end of it. Woody Johnson, already not in the best of moods, apparently had a visitor of his own over the night. And apparently that visitor had some not too flattering things to say about one of his fellow players. As the discussion went on, Woody became convinced that he knew the action to take that was best for his team. It looks like JVoR wasn't going to be able dance his way out of this one. He'll probably go cry about it. Rival Superstar Jason Taylor (Jets Voice of Reason) has been benched.

jason_taylor_red_rooster_strut.png

Day two has begun.

With 13 players remaining, it takes 7 votes to cut.

1. CTM

2. EY

3. Doggin94it

4. slats

5. Jets Babe (Thomas Jones) - Cut, Day One

6. Dan X

7. Jets Voice of Reason (Jason Taylor) - Benched, Night One

8. WoodyPaige

9. SMC

10. JiF (Kris Jenkins) - Suspended, Night One

11. Vicious89x

12. Jets Things

13. Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof

14. Sharrow

15. AVM

16. Pac2566

Sorry about the wait guys, but as has been pointed out the weekend kind of makes things tougher on everyone, thus the longer time limit for night actions. Plus that applies to me as well, as it kept me from getting these results up sooner than this. Hopefully things can get rolling from here on out.

Good morning... well at least for some of the players. For a couple though, not quite so much.

As it turns out, over the course of the night apparently someone called the police on our friend JiF. When they showed up, they almost immediately stumbled upon a very conveniently placed bag of drugs. This certainly wreaked of a setup, but he was still brought downtown and Woody Johnson had no desire to hear any excuses and he took immediate action. Kris Jenkins (JiF) has been suspended.

kris-jenkins.jpg

But that wasn't the end of it. Woody Johnson, already not in the best of moods, apparently had a visitor of his own over the night. And apparently that visitor had some not too flattering things to say about one of his fellow players. As the discussion went on, Woody became convinced that he knew the action to take that was best for his team. It looks like JVoR wasn't going to be able dance his way out of this one. He'll probably go cry about it. Rival Superstar Jason Taylor (Jets Voice of Reason) has been benched.

jason_taylor_red_rooster_strut.png

Day two has begun.

With 13 players remaining, it takes 7 votes to cut.

1. CTM

2. EY

3. Doggin94it

4. slats

5. Jets Babe (Thomas Jones) - Cut, Day One

6. Dan X

7. Jets Voice of Reason (Jason Taylor) - Benched, Night One

8. WoodyPaige

9. SMC

10. JiF (Kris Jenkins) - Suspended, Night One

11. Vicious89x

12. Jets Things

13. Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof

14. Sharrow

15. AVM

16. Pac2566

So the town has a vigilante? One with better aim than SMC? Congrats to whoever took JVOR out! Nice job!

I wouldn't be so quick to call it a vigilante. I'd guess a serial killer, and likely the character of Rex Ryan.

I guess both have to be considered a possibility, and either one has to be considered dangerous to the team.

Ok. Posted a few short thoughts. Now for more detail.

We've learned something here with the two NKs.

First, and most obviously, the scum team took down JiF. We need to go back and look at JiF and see what he's done.

Second, there's a serial killer (or vigilante who got lucky). I tend to believe serial killer. And, based on the 'benching', it's most likely Rex Ryan. As coaches are the ones to do the benching.

In games of this nature, there's often 4 scum to start and one SK. We're probably down to 3 Scum. So, we can thank the SK for doing our work for us, but need to watch out for him still, as unless he has some other finder abilities, the odds say he's going to miss.

Inevitable good guy night kill in JiF, but awesome about JVoR. Funniest picture of Jason Taylor ever. LOL so ghey. Off to Nautical Mile in Freeport to get drunk. Will check in tonight.

An all-ghey scum team? You know Brady has to be one of them. Who else?

Ok. Referencing Dan's list:

JVOR voted AVM (activity level change), then Sharrow (inactivity), then Jets Babe.

JiF voted EY (for drummer), then Pac (for being JI), than slats (for inactivity)

It's worth considering who JVOR voted for, as they may have taken him out as the serial killer.

First, and most obviously, the scum team took down JiF. We need to go back and look at JiF and see what he's done.

I'll save CTM the trouble, JiF was one of the least active posters in the thread, but most suspicious of me.

Sorry fellas, long night. Just got a chance to catch up. Thanks for all the cheap shots, really appreciate them all. gfy. You know who you are.

Vic and JB are playing typical Vic and JB games. Whether thats a good thing or not is to be determined. This is not a defense of them, its scummy play, but its typical from them even when they are innocent.

AVM and slats are standing out to me as potential newbie mafia. Both of them are playing differently. Slats was all business last game and didnt get into the silliness that takes place. He was doing more figuring out than questioning and this game he seems to be doing the opposite. AVM's suspicious play has been beaten up and I liked his defense...for the most part.

I'm not changing my vote on slats.

I actually did and he had his job issue thingy and everyone backed off of him.

I think it completely is a different approach. At this point last game, he [meaning: slats] had several posts that were trying to breakdown potential game set ups...you havent seen that from him. More questioning instead of figuring out.

Its early, but I see a clear difference in his play.

Take it for what it's worth. He was wrong about me, and the scum team knows that. If I was a member of the team, I would've taken down CTM - provided he's innocent. Not JiF. JiF wasn't really pressing his case. He wouldn't've been a threat to me from San Diego.

Not sure what the logic there was, unless it's a frame job to get me lynched today.

Take it for what it's worth. He was wrong about me, and the scum team knows that. If I was a member of the team, I would've taken down CTM - provided he's innocent. Not JiF. JiF wasn't really pressing his case. He wouldn't've been a threat to me from San Diego.

Not sure what the logic there was, unless it's a frame job to get me lynched today.

But, clearly you can see how if you were to take your biggest adversary, CTM, it would be so much more obvious.

However, taking down a likely voter helps you, without being a complete suicide move.

But, clearly you can see how if you were to take your biggest adversary, CTM, it would be so much more obvious.

However, taking down a likely voter helps you, without being a complete suicide move.

You can spin it either way, I understand that. But why would I take down either one? I had two votes, and only CTM was pressing the (weak) case. If I'm scum, I've got a choice of 11 (or so) players to choose from. Why would I pick any that would put suspicion on me this morning?

I'd either take out CTM who's a legit threat, or someone random with no ties to me at all. JiF would be the worst choice. His benching last night puts more pressure on me than he would've if he were still in the game today.

You can spin it either way, I understand that. But why would I take down either one? I had two votes, and only CTM was pressing the (weak) case. If I'm scum, I've got a choice of 11 (or so) players to choose from. Why would I pick any that would put suspicion on me this morning?

I'd either take out CTM who's a legit threat, or someone random with no ties to me at all. JiF would be the worst choice. His benching last night puts more pressure on me than he would've if he were still in the game today.

Could be. Nothing conclusive yet.

JVoR, you lying mother****er once again ... from now on you're at the top of my suspicion list every time.

Also, where has JVOR been, he danced away like Jason Taylor. Did he say he'd be mia for awhile? To much freakin' unintelligble nonsense to go back and look through.

You must have gotten a good laugh out of that ...

I'll be back in 2-3 hours for some actual thoughts. :D

Lucky catch with JvoR. To start the day my FOS is on Pac. I don't know him like I do most everyone else, so I'm naturally not going to follow as well, but I'd just like to see his thoughts right now, as I guess he's a vet over on the other site.

Ok. Referencing Dan's list:

JVOR voted AVM (activity level change), then Sharrow (inactivity), then Jets Babe.

JiF voted EY (for drummer), then Pac (for being JI), than slats (for inactivity)

It's worth considering who JVOR voted for, as they may have taken him out as the serial killer.

That was my initial thought but but why would a SK make it so obvious- especially considering JB was voted off?

As far as why scum chose JIF I'm at a loss. I went back and found this post which was probably his most aggressive:

Sorry fellas, long night. Just got a chance to catch up. Thanks for all the cheap shots, really appreciate them all. gfy. You know who you are.

Vic and JB are playing typical Vic and JB games. Whether thats a good thing or not is to be determined. This is not a defense of them, its scummy play, but its typical from them even when they are innocent.

AVM and slats are standing out to me as potential newbie mafia. Both of them are playing differently. Slats was all business last game and didnt get into the silliness that takes place. He was doing more figuring out than questioning and this game he seems to be doing the opposite. AVM's suspicious play has been beaten up and I liked his defense...for the most part.

I'm not changing my vote on slats.

JVOR initially voted AVM than quickly moved on to someone else... I recall in 2 prior games mafia came out voting each other than quickly moved on someone else in the same fashion... It's not much to go on but at this point AVM is the only player who had dealings with both dead players.. strong FOS on AVM.

Lucky catch with JvoR. To start the day my FOS is on Pac. I don't know him like I do most everyone else, so I'm naturally not going to follow as well, but I'd just like to see his thoughts right now, as I guess he's a vet over on the other site.

lol. I was writing my post while you wrote this... interesting... very interesting.

negative... just that you unwittingly have confirmed my suspicion.

By asking for your opinion on things I confirmed what you were thinking? Usually that requires you know...accusing someone of being scum.

You're kinda reaching there. And just fyi--7 minutes is plenty of time to find quotes and make the post you did. You seem to be trying to preimpt me a bit, to be honest.

By asking for your opinion on things I confirmed what you were thinking? Usually that requires you know...accusing someone of being scum.

You're kinda reaching there. And just fyi--7 minutes is plenty of time to find quotes and make the post you did. You seem to be trying to preimpt me a bit, to be honest.

I just found it rather convenient that my name be the one to "start your day". At this point I'd like to hear from everyone but you've certainly piqued my interest.

Second, there's a serial killer (or vigilante who got lucky). I tend to believe serial killer. And, based on the 'benching', it's most likely Rex Ryan. As coaches are the ones to do the benching.

Maybe it's Brian Schottenheimer. So pissed off about being passed over for the HC job that he's taking the team out one player at a time!

As a heads up, I'm gonna be sporadic for about the next 24 hours. Taking the kids out now for a little while, then dropping them off at their mother's and heading over to the GF's to spend the night. Might get on a little bit this afternoon and again tomorrow morning, but won't be really active again until tomorrow afternoon.

I wouldn't be so quick to call it a vigilante. I'd guess a serial killer, and likely the character of Rex Ryan.

It looks like it's another player based on what BG said:

But that wasn't the end of it. Woody Johnson, already not in the best of moods, apparently had a visitor of his own over the night. And apparently that visitor had some not too flattering things to say about one of his fellow players. As the discussion went on, Woody became convinced that he knew the action to take that was best for his team. It looks like JVoR wasn't going to be able dance his way out of this one. He'll probably go cry about it.Rival Superstar Jason Taylor (Jets Voice of Reason) has been benched.

It looks like it's another player based on what BG said:

Good catch. Goes back with a vigilante townie, taking out other players behind their backs. And here i thought Kevin Mawae had been gone for years.... :P

Archived