New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, the lack of a counterclaim will confirm for me (pending a sudden cop corpse) that vic is telling the truth.

and vote: SMC. With Vicious revealed and Slats essentially cleared (both pending counterclaim) it's time to start clearing out the underbrush of suspicious players to whittle the list down for Vicious.

No, and you shouldn't tell us who either as the scum would just kill them tonight..

Hmmm...

I guess that makes sense. They could look to have you waste your investigation. Of course, if you're opting to investigate scum, there's nothing they can do about that. But it seems that keeping 'em guessing would be the best course of action.

Don't do this either. Think about it. You investigate someone, they come up innocent, and you let everyone know that they're innocent, including scum. What happens next? That person is NK'd and we're down another innocent. If you ARE the investigator, we'll want the doctor to protect you every night so if you announce your findings you'd be hanging someone out to dry.

They're going to go after an innocent every night, regardless. If they're going to go after confirmed innocents first, I guess I don't have long to live in this game. That's not good. :(

Yeah, I guess it's best to hold off on any results that come back innocent unless that particular player finds himself close to being lynched. Really close, not just with a couple votes on him. Let those trains take their course so we can get some information without having to actually lynch a player you know to be clean.

No it shouldn't and how would you know who hes thinking?

I'm paying attention.

And it doesn't hurt to discuss who someone would like investigated. He's going to get his ideas from what happens during the course of the day, anyway. No reason that shouldn't be a part of it. Doesn't mean he has to listen to anyone, either.

Guys. I'm going to put this clear so we can move on

- Will only share guilty results

- Unless a known innocent has been set up and is near lynch I will pipe up

- Will not publicize suspicions

I will work with the town during the day of course. But as for my night actions I'm going to keep those to myself.

What?

Tomorrow, both cops show up and reveal their investigation results. One of which will be true, the other may be false (we'll know which is which once the real cop dies or the fake cop is outed). Both will likely be "innocents", but if either cop suggests another player is guilty, we lynch that player, no questions asked.

We continue in that pattern until:

a) the real cop investigates a player identified by the fake cop as "innocent" and gets a "guilty" verdict (in which case we lynch the misidentified player, then the fake);

B) the real cop identifies 2 more scum (in which case there's only one left, and we lynch the two finders seriatim to win the game); or

c) the real cop dies (doc misses the protection) and the fake cop gets lynched.

In any of those situations, we get the benefit of two finders (since a guilty result from either will be acted upon, while each "innocent" from the fake gives the real finder a chance to confirm himself), and we get the confirmation of the actual finder's innocent findings once the real finder is revealed.

Oy!

No benefit to it until mid game atleast..

BTW, the lack of a counterclaim will confirm for me (pending a sudden cop corpse) that vic is telling the truth.

and vote: SMC. With Vicious revealed and Slats essentially cleared (both pending counterclaim) it's time to start clearing out the underbrush of suspicious players to whittle the list down for Vicious.

With Slats shelved for now (I still wouldn't be surprised to see him flip godfather), and Dan X being valuable to keep around, I'd prefer to lynch SMC or AVM today

I'm gonna

vote: SMC

The robocop thing was funny, but I didn't get the persistence on the subject after it was laughed at. Otherwise, he's been pretty low key. Not sure what to think about his lack of Jet Babe vote. He asked how long should we give her at 8:51 PM on 4/16...

I'll vote for her as well to seal it. I think it's crazy that she high tailed it out of here.

Till when should we give her?

Then didn't come back with this until 1:48 PM on 4/17...

FYI, I'll have minimal computer access for much of today & half tomorrow. Brother-in-law in town from FL, on Circle Line now (sending this in by phone), tour & dinner tonight. Will read up and check in tomorrow afternoon.

Suspicious, at least. The robocop thing could be a deflection of a SK role. The JB thing could be scum looking to not end up in the final vote tally on a clean player.

Plus the early train on AVM reads like a who's who of players I'm suspicious of, so I'd rather jump aboard the SMC train and see where it heads.

With Slats shelved for now (I still wouldn't be surprised to see him flip godfather), and Dan X being valuable to keep around, I'd prefer to lynch SMC or AVM today

What makes you feel comfortable about Pac?

I don't. But I'm buying his reserved nature is due to being a JN newb..

So...his reserved nature is due to being new is good. But me being new and changing my activity makes me a prime suspect (since, after all, thats why JvoR voted for me)?

Vicious89x 193

CTM 153

Dan X 137

slats 115

AVM 104

Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof 81

EY 72

Pac2566 67

SMC 63

Jets Things 57

Jets Voice of Reason 55

Bleedin' Green 48

Doggin94it 46

WoodyPaige 43

Sharrow 43

Jets Babe 31

JiF 26

The Crusher 7

Irish Jet 1

JMJ 1

Bold: Not playing in game

Italics: Eliminated from play

Bold/Italics: BG...Mod :P

Vicious89x 193

CTM 153

Dan X 137

slats 115

AVM 104

Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof 81

EY 72

Pac2566 67

SMC 63

Jets Things 57

Jets Voice of Reason 55

Bleedin' Green 48

Doggin94it 46

WoodyPaige 43

Sharrow 43

Jets Babe 31

JiF 26

The Crusher 7

Irish Jet 1

JMJ 1

Bold: Not playing in game

Italics: Eliminated from play

Bold/Italics: BG...Mod :P

Doesn't look like postcount is going to be a good barometer this game - I'm down at the bottom, but have been out of pocket for most of the game, and Woody and Sharrow are always quieter (but have actually been providing substance). Everyone else has been relatively talkative, though most of Norway's count is banter.

Doesn't look like postcount is going to be a good barometer this game - I'm down at the bottom, but have been out of pocket for most of the game, and Woody and Sharrow are always quieter (but have actually been providing substance). Everyone else has been relatively talkative, though most of Norway's count is banter.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but most of Norways post are earlier on--not a ton lately?

Perhaps yes, but at the same time we can look at the QUALITY of these posts.

Fact of the matter is I don't feel "comfortable" about any one of you- including our new hero Vic...

Well I've finally learned not to trust anyone during this game. The two early I felt confident in were Vic and JvoR, lol. Not exactly as on as I was last game. I feel relatively good about EY...but the fact that I feel good about him being a townie makes me feel less comfortable, lol. With Doggin staying so busy, it's hard to get a read on him as well.

Perhaps yes, but at the same time we can look at the QUALITY of these posts.

Another reason I'm keen towards Pac. When he's been pushed, he's given info a couple times but it's been what I'd call sketchy info.

So...his reserved nature is due to being new is good. But me being new and changing my activity makes me a prime suspect (since, after all, thats why JvoR voted for me)?

It makes both of you suspicious, i buy his more, but ultimately I'm voting you now due to the fact that JVOR was voting you and last game he did the same to sharrow..

Well I've finally learned not to trust anyone during this game. The two early I felt confident in were Vic and JvoR, lol. Not exactly as on as I was last game. I feel relatively good about EY...but the fact that I feel good about him being a townie makes me feel less comfortable, lol. With Doggin staying so busy, it's hard to get a read on him as well.

That's my problem and why my vote on you has to stay... No one besides Vic, ironically enough, has done anything overtly scummy to me. I know Doggin and CTM love the sound of their own voices but these whacky theories and outlandish scenarios they come up with are a result of playing/studying the game more than anyone else. I don't think it's wise to ever let your guard down regardless of how genuine one may seem.

Convenient, isn't it? ;D

Woody is always quiet. He's been that every game I remember, scum or innocent. Sharrow was quiet last game and was scum.

Funny how Vicious is always at the top of the list.

To add, you changed your contribution levels and your style. Like a different player. Pac is just a shy version of the jerk he's always been, if he felt more at home here, I have no doubt we'd all be seeing the full extent of his douchebaggery

To add, you changed your contribution levels and your style. Like a different player. Pac is just a shy version of the jerk he's always been, if he felt more at home here, I have no doubt we'd all be seeing the full extent of his douchebaggery

Imagine what you would have said if you didn't actually like Pac?

The full extent of wha...

It's post like these that only serve to fortify my belief that you are about the biggest tool on the internet.

swine.

Just read Vicious' reveal.

I don't buy it. Vicious claims he's the finder, but check out this earlier post of his (from 4/15/09, post #446):

I've essentially answered every question there has been to answer. Got a lot of **** going on hence the over the top reaction. Am admitting I'm annoyed with being a townie, AGAIN.

But then today (post #1270)

Meh, I do think this is the best way. I'm more valuable alive to this town then dead. Plus I got some suspicions on people based on today's discussions

Clearly I'm the finder or in this case of this game I'm not going to name what player I am but I'm the Jets NFLPA Rep. I investigated Slats. He flipped innocent, which is why I've been saying "Leave him be" but at the same time could be a godfather.

You got 2 choices here IMO, if we don't trust me or slats chose one of us to kill. If I die I'm exonerated in death, if Slats dies and is innocent, I'm still exonerated. If he dies and flips scum or even better, godfather... well I might not be "proven" but feasibly I could be because he flipped innocent to me.

Also if there is a counter claimant I'd urge you guys to lynch them (obviously) but if you feel the need go ahead and kill me.

So why is Vicious annoyed about being the town "AGAIN" quote, when he has such an important role. A role he says makes him "more valuable" to the town.

Archived