The Rays own the Red Sox

Gainzo

I have no idea why but that is a fact.

I think Yankees and Red Sox fans can unite in saying that the Rays fanbase is the most obnoxious ever. Cowbells? Empty seats?

I have a lot of respect for the Rays as a team but their fans suck donkey balls.

I have no idea why but that is a fact.

I think Yankees and Red Sox fans can unite in saying that the Rays fanbase is the most obnoxious ever. Cowbells? Empty seats?

I have a lot of respect for the Rays as a team but their fans suck donkey balls.

Worst fans ever.

I'd rather watch a game with Sox fans then Rays fans. The level of baseball knowledge that Rays fans have is awful. And it gets real annoying real quick.

Worst fans ever.

I'd rather watch a game with Sox fans then Rays fans. The level of baseball knowledge that Rays fans have is awful. And it gets real annoying real quick.

LOL. Remember TampaBayJetsFan85? He posted his myspace link so look what I found under his "television" section. I quote:

www.myspace.com/stpetephillyphil

Sports: I gotta go with the Jets, Knicks and Yankees but I also like the Rays and if Im not watching sports...Im prolly watching either Court TV or...Sports, lol

By reading that, you'd think he was a Yankee fan first and foremost, but on here he was tooting the Rays' horn when they were playing each other. Fake ass fan.

How is it fun rooting for more then one team in a sport? Theres teams I like each year but its strictly Yanks, Jets, Isles for me. When they finally do win it all its gotta be so much better then flip flopping.

Worst fans ever.

I think you need more cowbell!

Seriously, the Rays fans suck. They are the defending American League Champs and there were more Red Sox fans than Rays fans in Tampa. The Rays are a joke.

Seriously, the Rays fans suck. They are the defending American League Champs and there were more Red Sox fans than Rays fans in Tampa. The Rays are a joke.

It is true...the Rays owning the Sox. Thank God they cannot afford to keep their talent.

How do you not sell out the games to the Yankees and Sox?

It is true...the Rays owning the Sox. Thank God they cannot afford to keep their talent.

How do you not sell out the games to the Yankees and Sox?

Yep. The Rays "fans" can't even come close.

I wouldn't call them the most obnoxious ever, considering there is us (Red Sox & Yankees). Dumbest though is what they are.

Agreed, they are stupid, not obnoxious. Although those st00pid cowbells at a god damn baseball game are pretty obnoxious.

Seriously, the Rays fans suck. They are the defending American League Champs and there were more Red Sox fans than Rays fans in Tampa. The Rays are a joke.[/quote]

Aren't all Florida pro teams ? :biggrin:

The best way for the Rays to attract more fans is to be sure to include Florida's largest buffets in the stadium. This should draw the largest part of the population.

Their fans are retarded. I have plenty of respect for OLDER sox fans, but the "Pink Sox" fans are just one 1/4 step below these Ray fans.

I think it all comes with winning, you get obnoxious fans and with loss and heartbreak it thins out fans to those who will always be there.

Signed

Carl Crawford - club option for 2010

Carlos Pena - signed through 2010

Evan Longoria - under control through 2016

James Shields - under control through 2014

Scott Kazmir - under control through 2012

David Price - under control through 2012

Arbitration-eligible

BJ Upton - under control through 2012

Matt Garza - under control through 2013

Add in a prospect pipeline that includes 5 players in Baseball America's Top 100: David Price (#2), Tim Beckham (#28), Wade Davis (#32), Reid Brignac (#78), and Desmond Jennings (#80) and I don't see the makings of a squad that will be returning to basement-dweller status in the next couple of years.

:cheers:

Its now 14-5 Rays in the bottom of the 8th.

I just saw that the Blue Jays have yet to play an AL East game while the Yankees, Sox and O's have played a ton of games against each other.

The Sox are 5-0 against the Yankees and 4-0 against the O's. They are soon to be 3-6 against the Rays. Tomorrow will be the 10th time the Sox and Rays play this season and it's May 9th.

Who put together this schedule?

Its now 14-5 Rays in the bottom of the 8th.

I just saw that the Blue Jays have yet to play an AL East game while the Yankees, Sox and O's have played a ton of games against each other.

The Sox are 5-0 against the Yankees and 4-0 against the O's. They are soon to be 3-6 against the Rays. Tomorrow will be the 10th time the Sox and Rays play this season and it's May 9th.

Who put together this schedule?

...And who put the Red Sox at home on opening day when the opposing team has a dome? :Nuts:

That and everything else you just said, these schedule makers need to get a clue.

...And who put the Red Sox at home on opening day when the opposing team has a dome? :Nuts:

That and everything else you just said, these schedule makers need to get a clue.

It all evens out in the end but the MLB schedule makers have no clue how to put together an April schedule for the teams in the Northeast.

The Sox probably opened at home this season because they played in Japan last year. Yet another MLB screw-up.

Signed

Carl Crawford - club option for 2010

Carlos Pena - signed through 2010

Evan Longoria - under control through 2016

James Shields - under control through 2014

Scott Kazmir - under control through 2012

David Price - under control through 2012

Arbitration-eligible

BJ Upton - under control through 2012

Matt Garza - under control through 2013

Add in a prospect pipeline that includes 5 players in Baseball America's Top 100: David Price (#2), Tim Beckham (#28), Wade Davis (#32), Reid Brignac (#78), and Desmond Jennings (#80) and I don't see the makings of a squad that will be returning to basement-dweller status in the next couple of years.

That is good to see. I only hope it continues. The Rays bumped their salary from $43 million to $63 million this season.

I lived in KC when their outfield had Damon, Dye and Beltran. Plus, a young and healthy Sweeney. God offensive team that was eventually stripped apart.

Pabbles is going to get one of your players hurt.....real soon

I'm confused JonE. I watched the entire game last night and not once did I see Papelbon hit one person on purpose.

Now, you could be referring to him fist pumping and going crazy after the game, but it was kind of warranted. I mean he did have the winning runs on base with no outs and then in succession strike out Carlos Pena, BJ Upton, and Carl Crawford (three of Tampa's best hitters). That seems fist pump worthy to me. Tampa has owned the Sox this season and with a few key hitters injured this game, taking two out of three was pretty huge. Especially if you consider the fact that the Sox took on Tampa's three top starters.

I mean if he had given up a single and blew the game and then struck out the side, it would have been very Joba-esque of him to fist pump.

You're grabbing for straws JonE, but I find it flattering you watch the Sox in your free time. I'm sure they appreciate the revenue.

Joba celebrates to himself

Pabbles directs his emotion directly to the other player

This is getting pathetic on both sides.

How can you defend someone who fist pumps with one out in the 5th inning yet bash someone who fist pumps to end a game... ridiculous.

BTW. I HATE K-Rod and his ridiculous actions when ending a game. Its an embarrassment to the team and the game.

All 3 players do it because its a "look at me" act. None of them do it as raw emotion.

This is getting pathetic on both sides.

How can you defend someone who fist pumps with one out in the 5th inning yet bash someone who fist pumps to end a game... ridiculous.

BTW. I HATE K-Rod and his ridiculous actions when ending a game. Its an embarrassment to the team and the game.

All 3 players do it because its a "look at me" act. None of them do it as raw emotion.

Exactly.

I could give a rats ass about Joba's display of emotion and given the time and place thought it was appropriate.

As far as Paps goes, if no one was boy enough to say anything on the 120 previous saves and 13 wins then they need to STFU. He gets pumped when he wins/saves. So what? Want to stop him; beat him.

Archived