Halladay vs. Santana

Otter

Who is the best starter in baseball?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is the best starter in baseball?

While you were looking for that one, did you find the stat you proposed of infielders being more prone to errors playing behind strikeout pitchers?

I am still curious on that one.

Way to address the issue at hand.

Halladay right now is better than Santana. And you're quickly running out of numbers to dispute that.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Made up stats" "This weekend" :rolleyes:

Roy 10-1, 103 IP, 2.53 ERA, 88 K, 12 BB, 1.04 WHIP

Johan 8-4, 82 IP, 3.29 ERA, 94 K, 24 BB, 1.22 WHIP

Hey, I wasn't the one that came into a debate with some sort of concocted stat, that has no verifiable validity to it, in support of an argument.

Are you going to support that stat, or just admit that it was baseless?

Hey, I wasn't the one that came into a debate with some sort of concocted stat, that has no verifiable validity to it, in support of an argument.

Are you going to support that stat, or just admit that it was baseless?

I'm actually starting to feel bad for you. The fact that you're harping on one minor detail out of the many, many, many things discussed in this long, long thread shows how desperate you are to get away from the core topic, because deep down you must be starting to realize that you've been wrong this whole time:

Halladay > Santana

I'm actually starting to feel bad for you. The fact that you're harping on one minor detail out of the many, many, many things discussed in this long, long thread shows how desperate you are to get away from the core topic, because deep down you must be starting to realize that you've been wrong this whole time:

Halladay > Santana

Earlier in this thread you stated that there was hardly a difference between the 2 pitchers.

Now you are making it a clear cut decision? Based on one outing?

Good for you. Have fun concocting more things that you can't prove.

Somebody help me. I can't seem to find any starts in the past 2 years where Halladay gave up 9 runs. Or even 8. Or even 7. Or even 6.

Roy 10-1, 103 IP, 2.53 ERA, 88 K, 12 BB, 1.04 WHIP

Johan 8-4, 82 IP, 3.29 ERA, 94 K, 24 BB, 1.22 WHIP

:yawn:

Might have to start thinking about switching this argument to Halladay-Greinke.

Weak argument.

Go back and look at Halladay's 2008 game log again. In particuler one one on June 14th.

Second, seeing you like to cherry pick. Please show us a back to back outing like Halladay had in 2007 (May 5th and 10th) for Santana? 17 earned runs. Then comes off the DL and throws 7 shutout innings only to follow that up with another 8 runs allowed.

Last, we could use coming back from injury as a comparison if Santana had been on the DL as a starter.

Weak argument.

Go back and look at Halladay's 2008 game log again. In particuler one one on June 14th.

Second, seeing you like to cherry pick. Please show us a back to back outing like Halladay had in 2007 (May 5th and 10th) for Santana? 17 earned runs. Then comes off the DL and throws 7 shutout innings only to follow that up with another 8 runs allowed.

Last, we could use coming back from injury as a comparison if Santana had been on the DL as a starter.

I would nominate this as POTW if I hadn't already made the same exact point almost 5 hours earlier. :P

there what is?

I've said since the beginning of the season that neither NY baseball team will be in the playoffs.

But.. typical for you, you must have missed that.

Unlike you, I dont hate teams that arent my rival.

Link?

Maybe I just missed my own post where I said anything about hating the Mets. Typical of me.

Arsis not contributing much in "baseball threads". Now that's a shocker.

Don't quote SD, that means I have to see his stupid posts. I said October first because they will be so far out of it that they can, like most Met fans, get a nice head start home so they can beat traffic.

i dont have time to link to all your posts.

:D

Are you talking about the ones where I called Johan Santana a dominant starter and the 2nd best pitcher in all of baseball?

Seriously, what a HATER and a DOOSH. How could one say such things? Maybe it's because I don't know what class is. Because the organization I root for has no one with any of it.

Are you talking about the ones where I called Johan Santana a dominant starter and the 2nd best pitcher in all of baseball?

Seriously, what a HATER and a DOOSH. How could one say such things? Maybe it's because I don't know what class is. Because the organization I root for has no one with any of it.

You are a hater and a dooshie. You are a Yankee homer who will blast anything bad said about the Yankees and go out of your way to bash the sox and mets.

But keep denying that you arent. BTW.. you dont have any class. You show it every day.

You are a hater and a dooshie. You are a Yankee homer who will blast anything bad said about the Yankees and go out of your way to bash the sox and mets.

But keep denying that you arent. BTW.. you dont have any class. You show it every day.

Do I get an apology on this one too?

the funny thing about this thread is that monzino decides to bump it after johan has the worst game of his life....claiming that halladay naever had such a bad game, never mind a bad stretch. then when he's proven to be completely wrong he ignores those facts completely and doesn't even respond to them. lol.......i don't think i've seen one person fail so miserably so manmy times in one thread.

the funny thing about this thread is that monzino decides to bump it after johan has the worst game of his life....claiming that halladay naever had such a bad game, never mind a bad stretch. then when he's proven to be completely wrong he ignores those facts completely and doesn't even respond to them. lol.......i don't think i've seen one person fail so miserably so manmy times in one thread.

You, above all, make me laugh more than anyone on either of the boards. I wish you could step outside of yourself and listen to some of the things you say.

You, above all, make me laugh more than anyone on either of the boards. I wish you could step outside of yourself and listen to some of the things you say.

Like listening to someone say that they have "proven" that one dominant pitcher is better than another dominant pitcher based on some simple stats alone? And even some made up ones?

That type of wish?

Like listening to someone say that they have "proven" that one dominant pitcher is better than another dominant pitcher based on some simple stats alone? And even some made up ones?

That type of wish?

Scott, just give up already. You've been proven wrong time and again in this thread. It's becoming quite embarrassing, actually.

still no reponse to the proof that you were wrong abotu halladay's never having a terrible outing.....lol. at least you're consistent.

Archived