Despite 7-0 start vs. Yankees, Red Sox must miss Tex

JetNation

I'm pretty sure they're happy in first place.

No time to dwell on someone who made an obvious mistake.;)

Agreed, but with Tex on the other side, the Sox would not even see the Yanks in their rearview mirror.

BOSTON -- This probably isn't the time to talk about what the Red Sox are missing.

They're 35-24, with the best record in the American League. They're 7-0 against the Yankees, including a 6-5 win Wednesday night. They have baseball's deepest rotation, baseball's deepest bullpen and a lineup that leads the league in on-base percentage and is second in OPS.

Not bad for a team that didn't get what it wanted last Christmas. Not bad for the team that lost out on Mark Teixeira.

img11842325.jpg Boston would love to have Mark Teixeira at first base for the next eight years. (AP) Imagine if the Red Sox had signed him.

Tex is the Yanks MVP, no doubt.

But are the Sox really that worse off with Youk at first and Lowell at 3rd?

Hell, I'd trade Arod for Lowell.

JK....I think.

get the **** out dude, no you wouldnt.

That said, no matter what Boston offered, New York was always going to have the last call. Teix wanted to play in New York. The Nats offered Teix 8 years/184 mil, for the Sox to win the Teix sweepstakes they would have to have offered 10 years/224 mil and Boston doesn't sign 10 year deals; hell they don't do contracts for 8. Even if the Sox matched New York's offer Teix was still going to New York, so Theo cried about it to the public, postered, and lied about pulling out (they were still very much in negotiations). Cashman offered 8 years/181 mil, and that was the end of that.

Agreed, but with Tex on the other side, the Sox would not even see the Yanks in their rearview mirror.

No doubt Bob.

With Ortiz a shell of the shell that he was last year, his bat would be nice in the line-up.

Archived