JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what I was asking.... not the unvote itself counting but if a vote (even if you unvote afterwards) counts towards the total.

If that's not the case, and SMC died with only 10 votes, what happened? I have a guess but I'll let you answer.

Your not reading again Pac we already discussed this .

1. Either a Villian or hero counted as 2 votes (most likely a villian IMHO)

2. Supermans Arch Villian counted as 2 votes (Lex Luthor)

3. One of the Villians possibly had kryptonite counting as 2 votes. (which is basicly the same as #2).

I think thats all that was discussed

Your not reading again Pac we already discussed this .

1. Either a Villian or hero counted as 2 votes (most likely a villian IMHO)

2. Supermans Arch Villian counted as 2 votes (Lex Luthor)

3. One of the Villians possibly had kryptonite counting as 2 votes. (which is basicly the same as #2).

I think thats all that was discussed

I skimmed after SMC's death because he had 40 postmortem posts.. I figured it was more slap fighting with that dunce CTM.

As far as your scenarios I'd like JVOR to confirm if there's a unique voting structure or not. If not, I'm inclined to believe the kryptonite scenario... Not sure how that would manifest itself though.

I skimmed after SMC's death because he had 40 postmortem posts.. I figured it was more slap fighting with that dunce CTM.

As far as your scenarios I'd like JVOR to confirm if there's a unique voting structure or not. If not, I'm inclined to believe the kryptonite scenario... Not sure how that would manifest itself though.

Luthor whould have the Kryptonite by default I guess

Luthor whould have the Kryptonite by default I guess

I agree... if that's true does that mean:

- multiple Villains have powers specific to one hero?

- now that Supe is dead does that mean Lex Luthor's added power is rendered useless?

- If it was Kryptonite did LL PM JVOR during the day phase and request the Kryptonite be used against SMC or did his vote count twice simply by voting for Supe... I guess I'm wondering if LL somehow had to let JVOR know to use the Kryp or if it was automatically done.

I think this answers the question of why advertising who your character is not only dumb, but could be deadly. If Supes weakness was able to be taken advantage of it stands to reason that others can as well.

- now that Supe is dead does that mean Lex Luthor's added power is rendered useless?

- If it was Kryptonite did LL PM JVOR during the day phase and request the Kryptonite be used against SMC or did his vote count twice simply by voting for Supe... I guess I'm wondering if LL somehow had to let JVOR know to use the Kryp or if it was automatically done.

I think this answers the question of why advertising who your character is not only dumb, but could be deadly. If Supes weakness was able to be taken advantage of it stands to reason that others can as well.

Very good point I think revealing your character at any point going forward would be a huge mistake.

If LL PM'ed JVOR and had to activate the kryptonite on SMC specificly I think that would have been a huge gamble so early in the game, so it had to be a Passive power. Since the kryptonite went off automaticly (which is probably the case) That would mean Villians would almost have to be in on every lynch to get the extra vote which could help in narrowing down the villians.

When the game is over, I'm sure SMC will tell us about his seemingly complicated restriction(s). Still, I have to wonder if he had to make himslef seem so scummy as he accumulated votes. I was sure he was a roleless townie, at worst.

Norway I think its very simple SMC had to act like Clark Kent during the day and Superman at night. I dont think he had to actully "act" like Clark Kent I just think he was not able to reveal in any way that he was Superman and since he was Clark Kent he was not able to reveal his powers either. He gave some subtle hints, "Crystal Clear" and "Doomsday" which would have given us a shot at guessing who he was but thats about it.

So says the egomaniac who led the charge against our superdoc.

Great read btw.

It's still unbelievable tha you of all people would boast about that. To reach your already proven level of incompetance, I'd need to out the cop next..

Norway I think its very simple SMC had to act like Clark Kent during the day and Superman at night. I dont think he had to actully "act" like Clark Kent I just think he was not able to reveal in any way that he was Superman and since he was Clark Kent he was not able to reveal his powers either. He gave some subtle hints, "Crystal Clear" and "Doomsday" which would have given us a shot at guessing who he was but thats about it.

This seems about right. Looking back he did a good job of letting us know, its just the pack was too busy hunting. I was unable to look at it much yesterday. Leaving for the beach this Sat for a week and trying to do a weeks worth of work in 3 days. I need more calories. Maybe chocolate cake for second breakfast. Mid morning confections makes a fat Crusher happy.

It's still unbelievable tha you of all people would boast about that. To reach your already proven level of incompetance, I'd need to out the cop next..

The two of you and EY need a ****ing support group. "NADS" National Association of Douchebaggery Support. Im a friend and I want to help.

I wouldn't put it past you.

Major difference btw. all I did was pressure them and they outed themselves too early... In this game you swooped in with your horrid theories and took point on a successful lynch on one of (if not the) most important character in the game.

Congrats.

I wouldn't put it past you.

Major difference btw. all I did was pressure them and they outed themselves too early... In this game you swooped in with your horrid theories and took point on a successful lynch on one of (if not the) most important character in the game.

Congrats.

And he boned it by contradicting himself very clearly... All he had to say was I misspoke and I can't say anymore.. Not "I refuse to say more and will LOL at the town"..

And btw.. I saw your dumb name on the lynch as well, so either you are a sheep or you saw what I and many others saw..

The two of you and EY need a ****ing support group. "NADS" National Association of Douchebaggery Support. Im a friend and I want to help.

For future reference, I have copyrighted and trademarked the term "douchebaggery." I also have pending copyrights and trademarks on the term "douchenozzlitude."

Please be sure to credit me whenever using them.

P.S. Sorry to be such a douche about this but, well, you know.

For future reference, I have copyrighted and trademarked the term "douchebaggery." I also have pending copyrights and trademarks on the term "douchenozzlitude."

Ive been saying douchbaggery for years, douche

Wow, you bring needy to a whole nother level. You should go immediately and get "hug me" tatooed to your forehead. Large font.

Holy crap you people post like the wind.

After an epic reread, I've noticed 2 things about SMC:

1. As folks have pointed out, he likely had a MAJOR restriction and couldn't reveal anything. The 2 hints he threw out were decent, though.....but we didn't notice until it was too late.

2. Regardless of #1, the dude acted like an asshat. No need to stroke your e-peen and insult everybody. Saying they are all morons? Stupid? Tools? Glass house.....stones...you get the point.

Clark Kent wasn't a lying douche.

Wow, you bring needy to a whole nother level. You should go immediately and get "hug me" tatooed to your forehead. Large font.

Look Crusher, you don’t know what it’s like - I’m the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And I’m not out of order! You’re out of order! The whole freaking system is out of order! You want the truth? You want the truth? You can’t handle the truth! ’Cause when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo that was your best friend’s face, you’ll know what to do!! Forget it Crush, it’s Chinatown!!!

Are these the questions? If so, this is something you guys have to figure out on your own.

One thing I will say, the lynch was clinched at 6:09PM Eastern time yesterday. Subsequent unvotes are null and invalid.

Are these the questions? If so, this is something you guys have to figure out on your own.

One thing I will say, the lynch was clinched at 6:09PM Eastern time yesterday. Subsequent unvotes are null and invalid.

I believe his question is (which I find to be absurd) if all unvotes are null and invalid. Meaning if even if a person unvotes at vote #3, if there vote will still be counted towards the final vote tally. I'm certain this isn't the case, but he's just asking you to verify it. I have no doubt that the cause of the 10 vote lynch was something different. As far as what it was, obviously you're not going to tell us that.

I believe his question is (which I find to be absurd) if all unvotes are null and invalid. Meaning if even if a person unvotes at vote #3, if there vote will still be counted towards the final vote tally. I'm certain this isn't the case, but he's just asking you to verify it. I have no doubt that the cause of the 10 vote lynch was something different. As far as what it was, obviously you're not going to tell us that.

If his unvote occurred prior to 6:09PM Eastern Time, it would have been accepted as a normal unvote.

Thank you for shedding light on the absurdity of my question... Now go back to sleep.

Something to keep in mind for the next day cycle. EY and CTM will be the easy lynches. The qusetion is, are we lynching them for the right reasons? The motive should be "their logic was scummy as hell" not "SMC turned out to be the super doctor." If we lynched every person who got a townie lynched the mafia would win every game. In other words, we should spend our time analyzing the voting patterns and the reasons rather than finding a scapegoat, fun as that is.

DanX, thanks for that vote history. Unfortunately it was lost in that massive slap fest back there. The mafia are loving this...

VOTES SURROUNDING SMC

Aug. 21

9:27 AM: Pac votes SMC (

Something to keep in mind for the next day cycle. EY and CTM will be the easy lynches. The qusetion is, are we lynching them for the right reasons? The motive should be "their logic was scummy as hell" not "SMC turned out to be the super doctor." If we lynched every person who got a townie lynched the mafia would win every game. In other words, we should spend our time analyzing the voting patterns and the reasons rather than finding a scapegoat, fun as that is.

DanX, thanks for that vote history. Unfortunately it was lost in that massive slap fest back there. The mafia are loving this...

Very well said and its something some people around here have a tendency to get way too caught up in, particularly in the early days of a game after things don't start off well. Of course, they fail to realize that the way these games are, the odds are against us getting things right out of the gate.

Its good to see an outsiders perspective on this because with a big group of guys who mostly all know each other, people get easily caught up in starting to headhunt one another as soon as there's a decent enough excuse.

Archived