JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

EY all i can tell you is Im playing pretty straight forward no tricks no traps no bull ****. I did not like how Doggin played that round and hes not defending himslef much becuase he has no defense other than to throw wothless insults typical scum.

Doggin's not going to overreact to one vote. He's going to try to brush it off whether he's guilty or innocent.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The scum can probably submit "no kill," but that makes no sense early in the game. Scum teams rarely have the power to recruit, and the flavor of this game suggests that wouldn't be in play here.

A kill could be blocked by a doctor type role who protects at night. Hopefully Superman wasn't our only doc, but given his super-doc abilities, he probably was. Some characters might be able to survive NK's. Wolverine's name has been thrown around for that role. If that was the case, we wouldn't know about the attempt on his life.

Agreed. No chance there was a no-kill. Doesn't make any sense.

An innocent player was killed, and scum is capable of killing. Discussing it any further is likely to drive us all nuts... For now, we should assume that scum killed JiF until the game dictates otherwise.

EY all i can tell you is Im playing pretty straight forward no tricks no traps no bull ****. I did not like how Doggin played that round and hes not defending himslef much becuase he has no defense other than to throw wothless insults typical scum.

Oh... Well... Because you say so, nevermind.

The scum can probably submit "no kill," but that makes no sense early in the game. Scum teams rarely have the power to recruit, and the flavor of this game suggests that wouldn't be in play here.

A kill could be blocked by a doctor type role who protects at night. Hopefully Superman wasn't our only doc, but given his super-doc abilities, he probably was. Some characters might be able to survive NK's. Wolverine's name has been thrown around for that role. If that was the case, we wouldn't know about the attempt on his life.

Got it. EY told me about a game he is designing where the scum has that option and I thought that might be a more common type of game since EY is not very creative or original.

Also, based on the Marvel Civil War series, the line between good and evil can be very blurry in a Superhero Universe at times.

Got it. EY told me about a game he is designing where the scum has that option and I thought that might be a more common type of game since EY is not very creative or original.

Also, based on the Marvel Civil War series, the line between good and evil can be very blurry in a Superhero Universe at times.

Words hurt.

Im still sorta not sure why Doggin is a better target than EY and CTM? You don't think LAout might be in cahoots with EY or CTM or both? New guy nobody knows drops that post and diverts attention from them.

I agree that it wasn't terribly difficcult to see SCM couldn't say much else, but wouldn't EY and CTM knew this as well if they where hero's?

Crusher I think EY and CTM went a little overboard with SMC. SMC had to wait it out because he was not allowed to reveal. By the time he started to slightly reveal CTM and EY had beat him down so bad nothing was going to save him and it turned into a pissing match. Im not sure if EY or CTM are Scum Im just saying this is why SMC got lynched. He gave 3 clues .

Now keep in mind Crush if SMC did reveal he would have either been killed on the spot or his arch villian would have killed him at night nullifying his protection Super power. Knowing this was important to the heros SMC tried to give subtle hints hoping we as heros would pick up on them and the villians would not. it was by no means an easy role to play.

Yeah, that's it. The three of us are working today... That's why CTM and I decided to both go after the same target, then have LaOut come to our rescue.

In fact, Doggin's in on it too, as is Arsis... We all got together to go after SMC.

OMG, Im sorry. Did I **** up and accuse the great EY of being scum. Well steal my sausage bisckit and call me Nancy. He man would have never killed Superman, just saying.

Now keep in mind Crush if SMC did reveal he would have either been killed on the spot or his arch villian would have killed him at night nullifying his protection Super power. Knowing this was important to the heros SMC tried to give subtle hints hoping we as heros would pick up on them and the villians would not. it was by no means an easy role to play.

As an innocent, I don't know anything about this.... HE has an arch villian, and that arch villian can nullify his power?

All I know is there will be consequences if we reveal our powers.

vote Smashmouth.

Crusher I think EY and CTM went a little overboard with SMC. SMC had to wait it out because he was not allowed to reveal. By the time he started to slightly reveal CTM and EY had beat him down so bad nothing was going to save him and it turned into a pissing match. Im not sure if EY or CTM are Scum Im just saying this is why SMC got lynched. He gave 3 clues .

Just curious as to how you could possibly know something like that???

We're all just making an assumption about kryptonite and/or Lex Luthor playing a role in SMC's untimely death, you make a claim like that as if you know for certain though...

As an innocent, I don't know anything about this.... HE has an arch villian, and that arch villian can nullify his power?

All I know is there will be consequences if we reveal our powers.

vote Smashmouth.

Stop this ridiculous crap weve been discusing thesee possibilities throughout the whole game while you were dicking around with CTM and Superman.

Hmm.. Jif...

My take on the Jif kill is that there wasn't a lot of scum on the SMC train so they wanted to narrow the choices there a bit, or it's a wifom of the same..

Could also be a crusher WIFOM "i could never kill my sweet boopsie"

I'm not surprised by the lack of deaths. It's a good bet that there's players with NK immunity given the flavor, so I would expect nights to get bloodier as the game goes on..

Mod, can we get a prod on Barmacaral and IJ, both of whom have contributed nothing as of yet..

We're all just making an assumption about kryptonite and/or Lex Luthor playing a role in SMC's untimely death, you make a claim like that as if you know for certain though...

See above. Methinks he slipped up.

Well if were not going to work on any assumptions why bother discussing them ? I know from my role as a hero this is probably the case. if someone comes up with a better reason why superman had and extra vote on him IM ALL EARS. Right now with what i know this is how Im going to play it.

Also, he's talking about at night, not the lynch vote, which is being used as a distraction right now IMO.

See above. Methinks he slipped up.

EY in no way have I slipped up there was plenty of discussion about archvillians and super powers. Im not at all upset you voted for me I just dont want you to think Im pulling this out of my ass or that I know something because your assuming Im a villian.

Well if were not going to work on any assumptions why bother discussing them ? I know from my role as a hero this is probably the case. if someone comes up with a better reason why superman had and extra vote on him IM ALL EARS. Right now with what i know this is how Im going to play it.

I've got no problem with working off assumptions. Hell I'm the one who pitched the kryptonite theory we seem to agree is possible if not probable. But you didn't say anything about possibilities or assumptions.

Now keep in mind Crush if SMC did reveal he would have either been killed on the spot or his arch villian would have killed him at night nullifying his protection Super power.

You speak to Crusher with certainty here. One of those 2 things would have happened, not that they could have happened.

That didn't come out as an assumption. You stated it as though it were fact.

I agree with this... I've been waiting for people to talk about why they think SMC died with 10 votes but no one seems to want to. With that being the case I can only assume his death was aided by something like Kryptonite most likely wielded by Lex Luthor. I'm still hazy on whether it would have required a day action from LL or just the vote counting as 2 though.

I've got no problem with working off assumptions. Hell I'm the one who pitched the kryptonite theory we seem to agree is possible if not probable. But you didn't say anything about possibilities or assumptions.

You speak to Crusher with certainty here. One of those 2 things would have happened, not that they could have happened.

Yep because I believe it to be true and I base this on SMC's inability to reveal.

With such an important power role how else can you explain the SMC lynch ? How else can you explain SMC's inability to reveal unless dire consequences followed ?

Those of you questining me Im fine with the questions but then where do you stand ? EY points to my posts but gives no counter theory other than he does not know that as a hero so if hes roleless thats his hero to deal with.

Hmm.. Jif...

My take on the Jif kill is that there wasn't a lot of scum on the SMC train so they wanted to narrow the choices there a bit, or it's a wifom of the same..

Could also be a crusher WIFOM "i could never kill my sweet boopsie"

I'm not surprised by the lack of deaths. It's a good bet that there's players with NK immunity given the flavor, so I would expect nights to get bloodier as the game goes on..

Mod, can we get a prod on Barmacaral and IJ, both of whom have contributed nothing as of yet..

Only way I could kill sweet sweet Boopsie is if I fell on him. But, he's used to being around fatties so he has more moves than Houdini. You on the other hand only have one move "you suck"

Happens every single game. Worse with the alts.

I agree with this... I've been waiting for people to talk about why they think SMC died with 10 votes but no one seems to want to. With that being the case I can only assume his death was aided by something like Kryptonite most likely wielded by Lex Luthor. I'm still hazy on whether it would have required a day action from LL or just the vote counting as 2 though.

We can talk about this until we're blue in the face, but we're not going to solve it unless someone comes forward and says that their vote counts twice.

Could be a player on either side, perhaps as smashmouth so aptly points out, HIS arch nemisis, meaning one of the 5 scum, votes for him, and it counts twice... For instance, if a scum member is LL and votes for Superman, then that vote counts twice... Smash makes a strong case for that and the fact as he says, that HIS arch nemesis can nullify his protection at night.

Yep because I believe it to be true and I base this on SMC's inability to reveal.

With such an important power role how else can you explain the SMC lynch ? How else can you explain SMC's inability to reveal unless dire consequences followed ?

Those of you questining me Im fine with the questions but then where do you stand ? EY points to my posts but gives no counter theory other than he does not know that as a hero so if hes roleless thats his hero to deal with.

My theory is that what you said is 100% correct, because you're scum who slipped up... Because any theory I had before that would not have been as definitive as what you just offered.

EY in no way have I slipped up there was plenty of discussion about archvillians and super powers. Im not at all upset you voted for me I just dont want you to think Im pulling this out of my ass or that I know something because your assuming Im a villian.

That's exactly what I'm starting to think. This seems more like insider info as scum than something you'd be privy to with a townie role.

The 10 vote thing could've been an influential townie as easily as it could've been a villain with an extra vote. It wouldn't have to be hero-specific at all, and during the day phase that seems less likely to me. But I haven't been in (m)any games with much in the way of daytime roles.

I want to hear more from you though, anyway, so...

vote: Smashmouth

We can talk about this until we're blue in the face, but we're not going to solve it unless someone comes forward and says that their vote counts twice.

Could be a player on either side, perhaps as smashmouth so aptly points out, HIS arch nemisis, meaning one of the 5 scum, votes for him, and it counts twice... For instance, if a scum member is LL and votes for Superman, then that vote counts twice... Smash makes a strong case for that and the fact as he says, that HIS arch nemesis can nullify his protection at night.

Exactly and this is what we were discussing 20 pages ago I guess I assumed everyone was reading the discussion. Alot of people have not been contributing so they are probably not reading as well.

That's exactly what I'm starting to think. This seems more like insider info as scum than something you'd be privy to with a townie role.

The 10 vote thing could've been an influential townie as easily as it could've been a villain with an extra vote. It wouldn't have to be hero-specific at all, and during the day phase that seems less likely to me. But I haven't been in (m)any games with much in the way of daytime roles.

I want to hear more from you though, anyway, so...

vote: Smashmouth

I seem to be falling into the same SMC trap here all I can say is Im basing my play on a strong assumption which I have discribed 20 times. If you need to see why I feel that way go back and look. Whats weird though slats I thought you were in on that conversation as well.

If my wording made it look like I was 100 % sure you guys took it the wrong way and thats about all I can say on the subject.

Exactly and this is what we were discussing 20 pages ago I guess I assumed everyone was reading the discussion. Alot of people have not been contributing so they are probably not reading as well.

Whether it was discussed or not, there are only 5 people who could make a definitive statement about it. You made a definitive statement about it.

I'm reading, and I'm honestly not seeing how Smashmouth is looking that suspicious. While I think he's got the bit in his mouth on Doggin and EY, the points he's making are not outrageous. I don't agree enough to join him on a vote, because I think Doggin's case on SMC was pro-town. But if Doggin was mafia, he'd be sneaky like that, and that's why Smashmouth's claims have merit.

Klecko I posted this which clearly states im working on assumptions

Well if were not going to work on any assumptions why bother discussing them ? I know from my role as a hero this is probably the case. if someone comes up with a better reason why superman had and extra vote on him IM ALL EARS. Right now with what I know this is how Im going to play it.

Then you posted this which implies im stating fact (which im not)

That didn't come out as an assumption. You stated it as though it were fact.

I asked you if you meant another post because this question you ask does not relate very well with what I poted above.

Then you posted this .

Are you reading what you post?

So tell me what the hell is it you want to know. if you think Im stating fact the answer is NO

If your asking if Im working off assumptions based on prior conversation in this thread the answer is YES

Archived