JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

The conclusion on the NK is just simple logic. If the mafia know you are a potential lynch target, then won't bother NKing you. And if you are actually mafia, then you obviously won't be NKing yourself......therefore you will continue to live as long as you are a potential lynch target.

TADA!!!!!!!!!!!!

tada.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know he's a basket case... the fact that he's frothing at the mouth while posting doesn't make him much more suspicious to me.

and don't try to spin this into me being his great defender either... it's just right now I don't see the case.

I actually agree with this, to a point, I always think Smashmouth is guilty so it's kind of par for the course thus far...

1) Don't edit your posts.

2) Kleck could alter his style if he were scum, or he could alter his style because he's learned something. Klecko's a guy that doesn't make me nervous at all... I think he's innocent... and if he's guilty, he'll be caught in time. No doubt.

3) TBH, I know you're not 'getting it' with smash, because I believe that if he is in fact scum, there's a pretty strong possibility you're aligned with him.

4) All the theories of how SMC died are kind of irrelevent, honestly, I think bringing them up repeatedly is a scum tactic to draw us away from the task at hand and confuse us. In reality, there's either 1 hero who knows the answer to this, or 5 scum who do, and either way, the bulk of the innocents don't know... and honestly, it doesn't really change much...

If it's scum that can cast 2 votes, or a secret vote, then guess what we need to find scum... and if it's someone casting a secret vote on the good guy side... well we wouldn't want them to reveal, lest they be killed. And, we need to find scum.

How SMC died, IMO, doesn't really change anything, except we need to perhaps consider putting more weight on L-1.

1) If I see a word mispelled I'm going to quickly correct it if I can.

2) Klecko is the most suspicious to me. I'm completely fine that you don't agree with it.

3) If Smash is innocent than yes... I'm aligned with him.

4) I find them relevant. The fact that he wanted to open lines of communication on what might have happened is a pro town move in my eyes. I am town and was also very interested to hear peoples thoughts.

4) I find them relevant. The fact that he wanted to open lines of communication on what might have happened is a pro town move in my eyes. I am town and was also very interested to hear peoples thoughts.

How do these thoughts better the ultimate goal?

The conclusion on the NK is just simple logic. If the mafia know you are a potential lynch target, then won't bother NKing you. And if you are actually mafia, then you obviously won't be NKing yourself......therefore you will continue to live as long as you are a potential lynch target.

Thanks you for clearing that up verbal.

If you were looking at it from my persepctive you would undertand why I asked.

How do these thoughts better the ultimate goal?

I doubt whatever happened to SMC is the only wrinkle in the game. If nothing else talkling about it might get some of the good guys to think twice about what they're willing to say in thread. It's obvious someone picked up on something about Superdope.

At this point I'm not saying we should have any further discussion on it as there are a couple good theories. I'm just saying at the time it was something I viewed as pro town.

Arsis might vote for Smash just because he is annoying. It would be nice to see of of the inactive people post more. There might be a vote going Irish Jet's way just to clear out some of the dead weight.

Ya know what if I Can't make a ****ing case in this game then do me a favor and ****ing vote for me. You want your meltdown Pac here it is. People ask questions and I provide the proof for them and Im annoying and Im an idiot and I dont know how to play this ****ing game. If thats the case Vote me the hell of and move on with your freakin game. I have given so many ****ing hints that people cant ****ing pick up on its making me nauseous.

So if Smashmouth is annoying to arsis then vote for me and cut the bull****

Ya know what if I Can't make a ****ing case in this game then do me a favor and ****ing vote for me. You want your meltdown Pac here it is. People ask questions and I provide the proof for them and Im annoying and Im an idiot and I dont know how to play this ****ing game. If thats the case Vote me the hell of and move on with your freakin game. I have given so many ****ing hints that people cant ****ing pick up on its making me nauseous.

bravo...

Now Arsis has to go back through your 400 different dissertations and looks for hints?

This is the second time you seem to be cop directing.

With 5 scum, and potentially no doc, the wisdom of a cop reveal with 1 guilty is questionable to begin with anyway..

Agreed - and wasn't suggesting the cop reveal after only one guilty verdict. And if the cop happens to go down before getting to give us info, then we can deal with the new circumstances then. But I find it odd to suggest that there is no choice but to lynch Smash at some point, inevitably, when there is a clear alternative. Say the cop investigates 5 players, including smash, and finds 3 scum. Obviously, it's a great time to reveal. And the cop calls Smash innocent.

hey, guess what? We don't need to lynch him.

The cop can do what he wants. But the "its inevitable so lets do it now" argument is just wrong.

4) All the theories of how SMC died are kind of irrelevent, honestly, I think bringing them up repeatedly is a scum tactic to draw us away from the task at hand and confuse us. In reality, there's either 1 hero who knows the answer to this, or 5 scum who do, and either way, the bulk of the innocents don't know... and honestly, it doesn't really change much...

If it's scum that can cast 2 votes, or a secret vote, then guess what we need to find scum... and if it's someone casting a secret vote on the good guy side... well we wouldn't want them to reveal, lest they be killed. And, we need to find scum.

How SMC died, IMO, doesn't really change anything, except we need to perhaps consider putting more weight on L-1.

I agree with this. Smash's logic in defending SMC isn't very logical at all.

Now its possible chan misunderstood what SMC was saying here and thats when I got involved saying is it possible to have a power thats "passive" meaning you have a power but cant control it ? My thought process here is that if you have a power you can't control are you roled in the traditionl sense ? NO because its uncontrolable.

But what SMC is saying is POWERS are NOT Relevant to actual ROLES. So if he told you he was superman what good would that do other than alerting Scum exactly who he is . Its very hard to get deeper into an expalnation here but this also is why I feel SCUM has a power that can be directed at specific Heros IF THEY FIND OUT WHO SAID HEROS ARE>

I want ALL of you who are Heros to ask yourselves this simple question. If SMC revealed he was Superman would you have any Idea at all what his powers were ? The answer is NO. BUT there is a good chance this would open him up to Villians who could actully take him out due to what some have speculated (incuding myself) a power related to killing a specific HERO. If your a hero and you can't see this fact I can't help you further.

It turns out that SMC's power was very real, very strong, super-conventional, and not passive at all. He killed himself with his arrogant lawyerly semantics. You were defending those semantics, which proved to be way off the mark in his death scene.

And no one asked him to reveal as Superman. Yes, we all got the memo you seem to be fishing for, but then the mod came into the thread and specifically banned all character reveals! So why go on about how it would've been bad if he revealed as Superman when everyone knows he was not allowed to do so?

This really comes across as a bunch of smoke & mirrors that's supposed to demonstrate how innocent you are, but in reality shows that maybe you weren't paying attention. You know, the way scum don't have to pay as close attention because they know who's innocent and who's not before the game even begins.

It turns out that SMC's power was very real, very strong, super-conventional, and not passive at all. He killed himself with his arrogant lawyerly semantics. You were defending those semantics, which proved to be way off the mark in his death scene.

And no one asked him to reveal as Superman. Yes, we all got the memo you seem to be fishing for, but then the mod came into the thread and specifically banned all character reveals! So why go on about how it would've been bad if he revealed as Superman when everyone knows he was not allowed to do so?

This really comes across as a bunch of smoke & mirrors that's supposed to demonstrate how innocent you are, but in reality shows that maybe you weren't paying attention. You know, the way scum don't have to pay as close attention because they know who's innocent and who's not before the game even begins.

Clark Goddamn Kent what about that scenario do you people not understand

Im tired andi have a headache im going to lay down see you all later.

This is actually a great point. I was thinking of a couple of his "hints" (some of which I hadn't considered in the spirit of the game) from a townie's perspective, but you're really right that the scum would probably be able to give us those warnings, too. The scum must have some information about the heroes' goals. It's perfectly likely the scum would be able to make the same kind of seemingly knowing remarks Smashmouth has been.

I have to reread and think about this a bit more, but I'm leaning heavily towards Smashmouth now.

This is actually a great point. I was thinking of a couple of his "hints" (some of which I hadn't considered in the spirit of the game) from a townie's perspective, but you're really right that the scum would probably be able to give us those warnings, too. The scum must have some information about the heroes' goals. It's perfectly likely the scum would be able to make the same kind of seemingly knowing remarks Smashmouth has been.

I have to reread and think about this a bit more, but I'm leaning heavily towards Smashmouth now.

Someone wanna share these 'hints' with me...

If they are anything other than pointing to his character or his abilities, they can be created through reading the thread...

I am certainly not advocating "big game hunting", as you call it. Doggin is a good player, let's get that out of the way. I think that the reason Doggin voted for SMC, AT THE TIME (which was Day 1, btw), was pro-town.

I'm not saying that Doggin is mafia right now, but my point is that Smashmouth thinks he's mafia, and his reasons are not ridiculous. They have merit, but perhaps Smashmouth is reading Doggin's posts differently than I am.

And, if you notice, I haven't voted Doggin. Nor have I voted Smashmouth. I think it's likely they are both townies, as BOTH of them are acting seemingly pro-town. Yes, both can be acting that way and tell each other they think they are mafia.

If Smashmouth is mafia, then he's a freakin' nut for going after Doggin on the points he's making. But if you look at it through a townie's perspective (are you able to do that, LAOut? ^_^), then Smashmouth seems like he's trying to make some points and get discussion going....maybe even getting the mafia to slip up.

I don't have a similar situation to state for Doggin, because he hasn't really pinged my radar so far. But just because he's pinged Smashmouth's does not make Smashmouth auto-mafia.

I misunderstood you, Verbal.

Unvote

Slats making a statement like Im not paying attention is ridiculous. Ive had to point out on numerous occasions people NOT PAYING ATTENTION who suspect me, yet I seem to be the suspect because of it. But you claim Im not the one paying attention LOL at you and all the rest of the town for that matter SMC was right you deserve to losel.,

Doggin and CTM both seem to forget posts I made that were very relevant to this entire arguement Im involved in which tells me any case they have aganist me is bogus. I have suppplied the proof yet you in your infinate wisdom point at me as being scummy even though i have proved them wrong. Who knows maybe your just not paying attention or your exactly what you discribe me as being in your post that Dan X pointed out in post # 996

Slats making a statement like Im not paying attention is ridiculous. Ive had to point out on numerous occasions people NOT PAYING ATTENTION who suspect me, yet I seem to be the suspect because of it. But you claim Im not the one paying attention LOL at you and all the rest of the town for that matter SMC was right you deserve to losel.,

Doggin and CTM both seem to forget posts I made that were very relevant to this entire arguement Im involved in which tells me any case they have aganist me is bogus. I have suppplied the proof yet you in your infinate wisdom point at me as being scummy even though i have proved them wrong. Who knows maybe your just not paying attention or your exactly what you discribe me as being in your post that Dan X pointed out in post # 996

Proof? Objective irrefutable proof? Post proof and ill defend you to the death.

Proof? Objective irrefutable proof? Post proof and ill defend you to the death.

If you cant see the proof I provided both Doggin and CTM then Either Arsis cant read or Hes simply Not paying attenton. Im done linking **** for you people who DO NOT PAY ATTENTION to the game if you want to see what I provided when I WAS ASKED then go look for yourself.

Arsis saw your posts. He say opinions and insinuations but arsis did not see any proof. Methinks we have differing opinions on the definition of the words "proof" and "fact"

Arisis the questions werre simple and CTM and DogginBoth agreed they overlooked my staying to hold off on the lynch because i felt SMC could NOT REVEAL whats so hard for you to understand about that ? because thats what Im refering to in those posts by Slats and Dan X

Arisis the questions werre simple and CTM and DogginBoth agreed they overlooked my staying to hold off on the lynch because i felt SMC could NOT REVEAL whats so hard for you to understand about that ? because thats what Im refering to in those posts by Slats and Dan X

How is that unquestionable proof of your innocence?

HEROS also keep in mind (another Theory) Superman seemed to be grossly overpowered 2 protects not including himself. Thats 3 players. Is it possible that the Villians were tipped off as to who superman was ? It would make a hell of alot of sense because some of the arguements on SMC at the beginning seemed focused on pissing him off and making no sense at all.

How is that unquestionable proof of your innocence?

Arsis your taking what I said in the posts out of context.

I did not say they were intended as proof of my innocense in the game They were proof that Doggin and CTM were accusing me of something that was not true.

They said I never claimed SMC could not reveal and I proved other wise . ok

HEROS also keep in mind (another Theory) Superman seemed to be grossly overpowered 2 protects including himself. Thats 3 players. Is it possible that the Villians were tipped off as to who superman was ? It would make a hell of alot of sense because some of the arguements on SMC at the beginning seemed focused on pissing him off and making no sense at all.

2 protects including himself would be 2 players protected not three. Or was it that he could protect 2 people in addition to himself? Arsis will have to go back and read the death scene.

2 protects including himself would be 2 players protected not three. Or was it that he could protect 2 people in addition to himself? Arsis will have to go back and read the death scene.

Sorry Arsis I edited please re read. I realised i made that mistake

That's not entirely true. You started off defending his dopey semantics with "passive and active roles," or "character based roles," which proved to be totally bogus. After the fact, you went off about how it would be bad if he had revealed that he was Superman - which the mod clearly told us was against the rules!

That's where I'm talking about you either blowing smoke or not paying attention. Here's another example:

HEROS also keep in mind (another Theory) Superman seemed to be grossly overpowered 2 protects not including himself. Thats 3 players. Is it possible that the Villians were tipped off as to who superman was ? It would make a hell of alot of sense because some of the arguements on SMC at the beginning seemed focused on pissing him off and making no sense at all.

Nope. It was in fact:

It's a bird....it's a plane...it's ...whatever the hell it is, it's falling from the sky and it ain't stopping. BOOM!

Superman75.jpg

*News feed*

Ladies and gentleman, perhaps the most famous of all superheros has fallen. Poor sap, he never saw it coming. He always meant well, but, at the end he trusted the people he loved much too much. SMC A.K.A Superman A.K.A Townie Super Doctor has died a most wretched death. Our limited sources indicate that he would have been able to save two parties each night, including himself if he so chose. Limitations and weaknesses are not known at this time.

There is an investigation being launched (not really, just flavor there) into the circumstances surrounding his death. Most unusual, it took 11 to lynch and i only see 10 names...

Night phase will end as soon as all characters with night actions submit them to me. Deadline: Thursday 10PM But please send them ASAP. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

When you're arguing that you're paying attention, and that others aren't, you really need to pay attention.

That's not entirely true. You started off defending his dopey semantics with "passive and active roles," or "character based roles," which proved to be totally bogus. After the fact, you went off about how it would be bad if he had revealed that he was Superman - which the mod clearly told us was against the rules!

That's where I'm talking about you either blowing smoke or not paying attention. Here's another example:

Nope. It was in fact:

When you're arguing that you're paying attention, and that others aren't, you really need to pay attention.

Slats my mistake I got it in my head it was 3 players thanks for pointing that out. Your right I did not pay attention to that.

That aside 2 players is still alot to protect so ill stick to the theory I just posted

Nope. It was in fact:

Also stats I did start off defending him in a DIFFERNT way but as soon as I saw im give hints he could not reveal I jumped on that. That seems pretty obvious to me.

You may think the arguements were bogus and thats fine, it seemed very confusing at the time and i think wrods were getting mixed up. I posted that as well if you remember

MOD NOTE:

There has been confusion regarding possible quoting of role PM's. To clear this up. It is correct that heroes were told, Discretion about your role and your identity is strongly advised.

Villains are aware heroes were given that specific warning. Any arguments based on hinted PM wordings is therefore baseless. Hints of that nature could have come from heroes OR villains.

This is a reminder to all players to refrain from quoting PM's and discussing suspected quotes from PM's. If you notice something, direct it to my attention before commenting in thread.

Any players basing votes on suspected PM quotes will be punished and possibly modkilled.

Archived