fireman Ed gets game ball

jetscott

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1390569&postcount=66

Accepting Our Game Ball---- Fireman Ed

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...ireman-ed-fans

Ed Anzalone had two points he wanted to get across before representing Jets fans in accepting the game ball from head coach Rex Ryan in front of the team today.

One was that "Fireman Ed" was truly representing this morning.

"I think of all the guys who have been waiting for years and how they would like to be in this spot," he mused in the second-floor dining area at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. "All the guys I grew up with, the people I meet in the stadium, guys that have been going for years and years and years, the people who cant get to the games.

"Their passion is as great as mine is. There's no difference. I'm just blessed to be able to lead the orchestra, to get them crazy."

Ed made Point No. 2 after he came down the steps of the meeting room around 9 a.m. to the hoots and hollers and cheers from the players and received the painted pigskin from Ryan.

"The fans have been waiting a long, long time," he told them. "We're so excited. We thank you guys. We're with you. And what you saw Sunday, that's just the start."

And so has begun the second week of fan focus

Okay, before you all light the torches and start a pillaging riot calm down. He's representing the fans, he's a figure head. It's not his ball.

Though many people feel that he shouldnt have gotten the ball. The Jets did give a "Fan" a gameday ball. Im not sure, but I dont think that this has ever been done in the history of this sport. Not saying that no one else deserved it, but I am saying lets not find something to argue about....I'd rather have the Jets smack the Pats around like they did then to be given a Gameball. We all got exactly what we wanted on Sunday, a win and a messed up voicebox!

Im proud of you guys that were at the game, and to keep it 100, I expect the same this weekend.

The Jets made the home page of Yahoo with this story. You should see some of the dumb ass comments from some of these people on this story. People just suck. F*** them! :bp1:

most firemen cant get real Jobs. so they all have side jobs, like painters,plumbers, sheetrockers... etc.They think all the women want them lolololololol. they have no education always drinking and trying to steal there co workers wifes.... In Long Island they dont get paid , These guys make 80 to 90 thousand dollars doing what????? Sparying water on a burning house...99 % of these guys are Losers and they know it....
Last year while clearing a home from a kitchen fire, he got caught sniffing some ladies panties while jerking off into a baby crib. This man is severely disturbed!!! "

is that slander or libel?

the level of stupidity in this is stunning.

It was purely a PR move. He represents us, whether you like it or not.

What they should/could do is make them available for purchase. Cheap, they don't have to be Dukes, they could be mini balls if they have to be. And give the proceeds to a charity.

I don't sit at games with my balz firmly planted on the back of some fat azz's neck. So speak for yourself because this idiot does not represent me.

I don't sit at games with my balz firmly planted on the back of some fat azz's neck. So speak for yourself because this idiot does not represent me.

Alright, I understand what your saying. BUT, If you were the Jets and had one ball to give to one fan who would it be?

It's not like this doesn't make sense.

Archived