If you were starting a franchise............

RSJ

If you were starting a franchise and could pick any player that does not play for your favorite team to start it with. Who would you pick?

I think I would have to go with Champ Bailey. It would be tough between him and Manning but I feel I could probably get a QB later that would do OK and corners are hard to find. Ofcourse Champ didn't do that well this year but Denvers pass rush is horrible.

Champ? If you say so my friend....

Me, I'm taking (god this is distatseful) QB Payton Manning. In terms of pure offensive talent and abillity, he simply is unmatched in the NFL today.

Everything else is coaching, scheme and the rest of the roster. While payton CAN be beaten by those other things, no one in the league equals him in terms of being a QB.

And what's worse....I despise the guy, I hate everything about him. If he fell off the face of the Earth, I'd be happy.

So my choice is NOT because I am a fan......

I'll take Tom Brady.

Dam YJF, my Chad Pennington joke post looks bad now. :wink:

I would go with LaDanlian Timlinson.

Seeing Brady is off the board, I would go with the new LT.

Dam YJF, my Chad Pennington joke post looks bad now. :wink:

I would go with LaDanlian Timlinson.

Seeing Brady is off the board, I would go with the new LT.

Brady works in a lot of different ways. First off, He's the games best big game performer at the most important position.

He's young. He's a tremendous leader and if I wanna make money. Brady is one of the most marketable players in all of sports.

Hmm, obviously my team would consist of rejects from other teams and whoever I draft since I am starting a franchise...

So I would definately shore up my offensive line with my one player, probably the Center position. Since I can't take Mawae since he is on my favorite team I will go with one of the 2 young studs in the NFC...

Olin Kreutz or Matt Birk. I like that Birk is from Harvard and is a little bigger than Kruetz, but I love Kruetz' athleticism.

So Kreutz would probably be my first pick.

Probably the toughest question in sports today. There are so many factors that come in to play, and no real way to decipher the importance of a player at any position. Seeing as the most important positions on the field, however, are QB, LT, MLB, RB, CB, and DE (not necesarilly in that order), moreso than the other positions, my choices at those positions would be Tom Brady, Walter Jones, Ray Lewis, LaDainian Tomlinson, Champ Bailey, and Dwight Freeney. Among that group, if I had to choose 1 who is above all else, I suppose it would have to be Lewis, though if age were to come into question, then Tomlinson would be the choice.

Archived