****The official Barton hates Chad Thread**** merged 2X

Barton

You said, THE PLAYERS, meaning THE PLAYERS, you did not say some of the players, so that is where you said that.

Chad in rhythem? Are you serious? He wasn't in rhythem until the 4th quarter when we needed to score. I mean, he had a good game, but to say he was unstoppable is LAUGHABLE.

Nugent - responsible for 3 points

Chad Pennington - puts up 14 points, responsible for giving Buffalo 7.

7 on Chad, 3 on Nuge.

Hmmmm..

Chad's fault x10.

Also, A FIRST HALF MISSED FIELD GOAL HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MIKE NUGENT. YOU DO NOT KNOW IF IT WOULD'VE BEEN TIED AT THE END. My god.

Oh and even if Nuge hits that and in your world where everything in the 2nd half would've went the same way, its 17-17 going into OT after a great Chad Pennington INT with Buffalo having all the momentum.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i agree 100% i still wont use him as the scape goat though

Dont like the way no one talks about it though.

Its his job, if you guys are going to rip chad he deserves a heck of a lot of the blame too!

He had one shot and he blew it, Lindell had one shot and he nailed it, no excuse for the Nuge. 36 yds is a chip shot by anyones standards, at least chad done a lot of good things yesterday.

Chad Pennington did a great job putting up 14 points on a defense that was missing 4 starters, with 7 of those coming when they had to score and even then it took Chad 6 freakin minutes to get down the field when it would've taken most Quarterbacks 3 minutres. Awesome job Chad. Awesome job.

You said, THE PLAYERS, meaning THE PLAYERS, you did not say some of the players, so that is where you said that.

Chad in rhythem? Are you serious? He wasn't in rhythem until the 4th quarter when we needed to score. I mean, he had a good game, but to say he was unstoppable is LAUGHABLE.

Nugent - responsible for 3 points

Chad Pennington - puts up 14 points, responsible for giving Buffalo 7.

7 on Chad, 3 on Nuge.

Hmmmm..

Chad's fault x10.

Also, A FIRST HALF MISSED FIELD GOAL HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MIKE NUGENT. YOU DO NOT KNOW IF IT WOULD'VE BEEN TIED AT THE END. My god.

Oh and even if Nuge hits that and in your world where everything in the 2nd half would've went the same way, its 17-17 going into OT after a great Chad Pennington INT with Buffalo having all the momentum.

Okay he had just driven our team down to kick a FG before the half, Nuge missed.

And i just said you frickin Moron taht it would have been a different bloody game. it would have meant their rookie QB had to play from behind, and Chad would have played with a lead (something hes very very good at!!!!)

Like I said I put 3 on Nuge, 7 on the Coaching and D, and the last 7 on chad.

Wow. I am no longer going to deal with your stupid posts. If Chad Pennington was so great he should have been able to put up more than 14 points, 17 if you think want to blame a 1st half missed field goal on the Jets losing this game, AGAINST THE HORRIBLE, INJURY RIDDLED BUFFALO BILLS DEFENSE.

Chad Pennington did a great job putting up 14 points on a defense that was missing 4 starters, with 7 of those coming when they had to score and even then it took Chad 6 freakin minutes to get down the field when it would've taken most Quarterbacks 3 minutres. Awesome job Chad. Awesome job.

Maybe if our D didnt let a rookie QB stay on the field for 32:16 of the clock.Thats unacceptable.

it would have meant their rookie QB had to play from behind, and Chad would have played with a lead (something hes very very good at!!!!)

Only a handful of NFL QB's in history aren't good at playing well "with a lead".

Seriously, the play-calling when you have the lead is the following: a) hand the ball off to your RB, B) throw short passes, and c) make sure not to fumble the snap.

I could do that. Seriously bro, you're Irish. I thought you people respected toughness? What's with the kind words toward our panzy QB?

Maybe if our D didnt let a rookie QB stay on the field for 32:16 of the clock.Thats unacceptable.

Maybe if Chad Pennington put up more than 14 points against the leagues worst defense like a real NFL Quarterback would've, we would've won the game. That is unacceptable.

Also, four minutes is not a huge time of possession swing.

well i see your just makin up stuff now, chads longest drive was 78 yrds and lasted 4 mins. STFU with your BS!!!!

well i see your just makin up stuff now, chads longest drive was 78 yrds and lasted 4 mins. STFU with your BS!!!!

You're are such a Pennington homer, oh my god. You are so laughable. Can you please go back to whatever board you came from?

You're right, it took the Jets four minutes to score that touchdown when most Quarterbacks would've had it done in three. Chad Pennington with his dink & dunk offense costed us another minute.

Maybe if Chad Pennington put up more than 14 points against the leagues worst defense like a real NFL Quarterback would've, we would've won the game. That is unacceptable.

Also, four minutes is not a huge time of possession swing.

It shouldnt be anywhere close to their favour witha rookie starting at QB, it just shouldnt be.

It shouldnt be anywhere close to their favour witha rookie starting at QB, it just shouldnt be.

And the Jets shouldn't score 14 points on offense against the leagues worst defense. Chad Pennington should've made something off of two Buffalo turnovers. He didn't.

Okay, I'm done posting in this thread with Mrs. James Chadwick Pennington, aka IrishHomer, because he is worse than ecurb. Clearly cannot just face the facts that Chad Pennington is the #1 reason for the loss yesterday and that he **** the bed once again in royal fashion.

Okay, I'm done posting in this thread with Mrs. James Chadwick Pennington, aka IrishHomer, because he is worse than ecurb. Clearly cannot just face the facts that Chad Pennington is the #1 reason for the loss yesterday and that he **** the bed once again in royal fashion.

and its time to put a close to that nonsense once and for all. clemens now!!

Maybe if our O held onto the ball longer than 4 minutes at a time. That's just putrid.

So young Barton wants to show how smart he is for wanting to dump Pennington ages ago and he bumps a two year old thread where he wanted to trade a top five pick for....Philip Rivers? Did you want the Chargers game? Rivers looks like ****. Even the guy that thinks Norv Turner is a good coach admits that. The Chargers and their fans would probably prefer Chad.

Rivers couldn't put up points against the Chiefs. This is despite twice having the Chargers pick Huard off with the ball in Chiefs territory. You know, the kind of picksthat, if thrown by Chad, mean the D is absolved of all responsibility for TDs. Oh and he threw two of the same kind of picks and had a fumble returned for a TD.

So young Barton wants to show how smart he is for wanting to dump Pennington ages ago and he bumps a two year old thread where he wanted to trade a top five pick for....Philip Rivers? Did you want the Chargers game? Rivers looks like ****. Even the guy that thinks Norv Turner is a good coach admits that. The Chargers and their fans would probably prefer Chad.

Rivers couldn't put up points against the Chiefs. This is despite twice having the Chargers pick Huard off with the ball in Chiefs territory. You know, the kind of picksthat, if thrown by Chad, mean the D is absolved of all responsibility for TDs. Oh and he threw two of the same kind of picks and had a fumble returned for a TD.

This thread was started in October, we didnt have a top 5 pick just yet, so I never said I wanted to trade that pick for Rivers. That being said, Rivers is obviously not a big enough arm for the meadowlands, I concede that. But out in sunny san diego he should be fine. And he's only a 2nd year starter, he still has alot to learn. He still has plenty of upside.

THE POINT IS, Pennington has single-handedly held back this franchise for the past 3 years. He is killing this franchise, absolutely killing it. We are going up sh#t creek w/o a paddle as it is, we certainly dont need him to pull us down anymore.

THE POINT IS, Pennington has single-handedly held back this franchise for the past 3 years. He is killing this franchise, absolutely killing it. We are going up sh#t creek w/o a paddle as it is, we certainly dont need him to pull us down anymore.

Do you honestly believe your own BS?

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Bro

This thread was started in October, we didnt have a top 5 pick just yet, so I never said I wanted to trade that pick for Rivers. That being said, Rivers is obviously not a big enough arm for the meadowlands, I concede that. But out in sunny san diego he should be fine. And he's only a 2nd year starter, he still has alot to learn. He still has plenty of upside.

Now I get it Barton. What you're saying is that YOU know more than the last 2 coaching staffs AND the last 2 general managers. Do I have that right? :rl:

How can we put all our eggs in 1 basket with Chad?

Lets see if Bradway has the balls to go out and get a new QB in the offseason. We cant depend on Chad to be healthy and 100% in 2006, and even if he is, who's to say he just wont get hurt again? Its too big of a risk to put all our faith in Chad to stay healthy next season. I love Chads fire and toughness, but the man is brittle and we cannot put the fate of our 2006 season into his hands, again.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/story/350437p-298948c.html

Future shock: Time to draft a new plan

<snip> If the Jets finish with a top-five pick and trade it for Rivers, it would allow the Chargers to recoup their draft-choice investment in Rivers, although they have already paid him $14.5 million in signing and option bonuses. Would Smith trade Rivers now? "If I would get a phone call, then I would make a determination," he said.

emphasis added by Barton<snip>

Are you comparing Rivers to AJ Feeley? Rivers was a top 5 draft pick for a reason.

True, very true.

But if we're not in the Leinart sweepstakes, then who the hell could we possibly draft as a QB. And what would be the difference between drafting a QB next year or trading for Rivers?

Good QBs never hit free agency, and we cant rely on Chad to come back or stay healthy, so Rivers would be our best option I think. jmo

This thread was started in October, we didnt have a top 5 pick just yet, so I never said I wanted to trade that pick for Rivers. That being said, Rivers is obviously not a big enough arm for the meadowlands, I concede that. But out in sunny san diego he should be fine. And he's only a 2nd year starter, he still has alot to learn. He still has plenty of upside. .

Do you even read what you write? See your posts above. You thought the Jets would go 3-13, get a top 5 pick and you were ready to trade it for Rivers. Who hadn't even played at that point. That's if you couldn't get Leinart who lasted well beyond #4. Sure Rivers has plenty of upside. So does David Carr.

Pennington held us back in '05? How, by getting hurt? How'd he hold us back in '06? By dragging that ****ty team to the playoffs? Pennington is probably better than the average Jets starter. That doesn't mean we shouldn't replace him or that Clemens shouldn't get a shot, it means people should stop making retarded comments about him. What did the Jets improve between '05 and '06? In '06 they started two rookies on the O line, they lost Mr. HOF RB, a pro bowl C who played a decent portion of '05, their best defensive player by far and played a new defensive system. What did they add? Kevan Barlow, Dyson and Kimo. Maybe Chad starting was the difference between 4-12 and 10-6.

Pennington held us back in '05? How, by getting hurt? How'd he hold us back in '06? By dragging that ****ty team to the playoffs? Pennington is probably better than the average Jets starter. That doesn't mean we shouldn't replace him or that Clemens shouldn't get a shot, it means people should stop making retarded comments about him. What did the Jets improve between '05 and '06? In '06 they started two rookies on the O line, they lost Mr. HOF RB, a pro bowl C who played a decent portion of '05, their best defensive player by far and played a new defensive system. What did they add? Kevan Barlow, Dyson and Kimo. Maybe Chad starting was the difference between 4-12 and 10-6.

Yes, he held us back in 2005 by getting hurt. Duh.

2006, if we had a real QB, we get past the Patriots who were very beatable.

He had more turnovers than TDs in 2006! He didnt lead the Jets to the playoffs, dont kid yourself. The easy schedule, the 2nd best defense the last 8 games of the year, and Mangini/Schottenheimer lead the Jets to the playoffs in 2006. Pennington was just the QB along on the ride.

Yes, he held us back in 2005 by getting hurt. Duh.

2006, if we had a real QB, we get past the Patriots who were very beatable.

He had more turnovers than TDs in 2006! He didnt lead the Jets to the playoffs, dont kid yourself. The easy schedule, the 2nd best defense the last 8 games of the year, and Mangini/Schottenheimer lead the Jets to the playoffs in 2006. Pennington was just the QB along on the ride.

How is that "2nd best defense" treating you now? Mangini/Schottenheimer lead them? The two guys you are throwing under the bus for not starting your boyfriend?

How is that "2nd best defense" treating you now? Mangini/Schottenheimer lead them? The two guys you are throwing under the bus for not starting your boyfriend?

You are changing the subject. You talked about how he lead the 2006 team to the playoffs, so I told you the defense which was the 2nd best scoring defense in the NFL the entire 2nd half of the season + Mangin + Schottenheimer got the Jets to the playoffs, and not Chad Pennington.

If you want to talk about the 2007 D and O go right ahead. But thats a different subject all together and it is not what we were talking about at all. Nice try.

You are changing the subject. You talked about how he lead the 2006 team to the playoffs, so I told you the defense which was the 2nd best scoring defense in the NFL the entire 2nd half of the season + Mangin + Schottenheimer got the Jets to the playoffs, and not Chad Pennington.

If you want to talk about the 2007 D and O go right ahead. But thats a different subject all together and it is not what we were talking about at all. Nice try.

Nice try? Ha. That's a good one. You can bust on me after you claimed you didn't want to trade for Rivers?

I'll go through this slowly. I can appreciate that you are passionate on the topic, but bashing Chad for being Chad is kind of dumb IMO.

1. The 2006 and 2007 defenses are identical. The Jets lost no players and added a ton of FAs and a 1st and 2nd rounder.

2. It's not changing the subject. You said the Jets crappy ass D + Mangini + Schottenheimer got the Jets to the playoffs = same subject. Oh and the same two coaches you are calling gutless morons in this very thread.

3. Chad has a bad arm, but is an extension of the coach. That is why he is out there. He audibles and hard counts and does what Schottenheimer wants. He is assuredly better at it than Clemens and appears better at it than most other qbs. This is why you won't hear me using the e-curb defense that the coach calls all the dump-offs. IMO Chad audibles to them or takes what is there.

4. Chad is a game manager. That helps the defense. You can blame him for the lack of running game all you want, but the Jets would have trouble running against the Vienna Boys Choir. The dink and dunk may be dull, but contrary to popular belief, not everybody can run it. I doubt that Rivers or Ramsey would be anywhere near as effective. You think we have a talented O? Put Pennington on the '06 Giants-how would he do with Tiki and Shockey to catch his dumps and Plaxico treating his floaters as jump balls?

5. Please explain to me how the Jets would have made it to the playoffs with Ramsey at QB? How about Rivers? The Chargers have more talent than the Jets why can't they win a game this year?

Chad brings what he brings. He brings continuity and some degree of leadership. Changing qbs at the wrong time can destroy a team. It's not being ball-less, it's using his brain. For instance, if the Bears continue to **** the bed I fully expect them to go into full panic mode and Lovie Smith to be looking for a new job in '09. Spoon feeding the kid for a while is to our advantage IMO. He'll be in there soon enough and whether he's the real deal or not we'll find out.

Nice try? Ha. That's a good one. You can bust on me after you claimed you didn't want to trade for Rivers?

I'll go through this slowly. I can appreciate that you are passionate on the topic, but bashing Chad for being Chad is kind of dumb IMO.

1. The 2006 and 2007 defenses are identical. The Jets lost no players and added a ton of FAs and a 1st and 2nd rounder.

2. It's not changing the subject. You said the Jets crappy ass D + Mangini + Schottenheimer got the Jets to the playoffs = same subject. Oh and the same two coaches you are calling gutless morons in this very thread.

3. Chad has a bad arm, but is an extension of the coach. That is why he is out there. He audibles and hard counts and does what Schottenheimer wants. He is assuredly better at it than Clemens and appears better at it than most other qbs. This is why you won't hear me using the e-curb defense that the coach calls all the dump-offs. IMO Chad audibles to them or takes what is there.

4. Chad is a game manager. That helps the defense. You can blame him for the lack of running game all you want, but the Jets would have trouble running against the Vienna Boys Choir. The dink and dunk may be dull, but contrary to popular belief, not everybody can run it. I doubt that Rivers or Ramsey would be anywhere near as effective. You think we have a talented O? Put Pennington on the '06 Giants-how would he do with Tiki and Shockey to catch his dumps and Plaxico treating his floaters as jump balls?

5. Please explain to me how the Jets would have made it to the playoffs with Ramsey at QB? How about Rivers? The Chargers have more talent than the Jets why can't they win a game this year?

Chad brings what he brings. He brings continuity and some degree of leadership. Changing qbs at the wrong time can destroy a team. It's not being ball-less, it's using his brain. For instance, if the Bears continue to **** the bed I fully expect them to go into full panic mode and Lovie Smith to be looking for a new job in '09. Spoon feeding the kid for a while is to our advantage IMO. He'll be in there soon enough and whether he's the real deal or not we'll find out.

The 2006 defense was the 2nd best defense in the 2nd half of the 06 season. They finished with the 6th best scoring defense in the NFL last year - thats much better than the scoring offense which was something like 18th.

How the 2007 defense is playing is a completely different subject.

We were talking about the 2006 team, and whether or not Chad deserved props for getting the Jets to the playoffs. I said he did not, for reasons already explained, so you changed the subject to the 2007 season with the reasons I explained for the 2006 season. It does not work like that.

Also, Rivers is a better QB than Chad Pennington. He's going through some 2nd year starter growing pains right now, which is to be expected. Rivers still has things to learn and has upside. Not to mention he's working with a completely new coaching staff in just his 2nd year starting. Chad is a 6th year starter, his learning curve is OVER and his upside is ZERO.

The 2006 defense was the 2nd best defense in the 2nd half of the 06 season. They finished with the 6th best scoring defense in the NFL last year - thats much better than the scoring offense which was something like 18th.

How the 2007 defense is playing is a completely different subject.

We were talking about the 2006 team, and whether or not Chad deserved props for getting the Jets to the playoffs. I said he did not, for reasons already explained, so you changed the subject to the 2007 season with the reasons I explained for the 2006 season. It does not work like that.

Also, Rivers is a better QB than Chad Pennington. He's going through some 2nd year starter growing pains right now, which is to be expected. Rivers still has things to learn and has upside. Not to mention he's working with a completely new coaching staff in just his 2nd year starting. Chad is a 6th year starter, his learning curve is OVER and his upside is ZERO.

We aren't talking about years starting or upside. We are talking about Pennington v. Rivers and Rivers looks like **** despite having quite literally the two best security blankets in the league. The '07 Jets D is the '06 Jets D. There is no difference. None. The D and the O are related. Remember? You want to blame the poor run game and D on Chad (they only gave up 10 points) give him some credit for '06. The '06 Jets do not make the playoffs with Rivers. Period. Continue to act like the Jets made the playoffs in spite of Chad last year. I guess it was on the back of that awesome rushing attack and that #2 D with Vilma, Robertson and Thomas! Monsters of the Midway look out!

We aren't talking about years starting or upside. We are talking about Pennington v. Rivers and Rivers looks like **** despite having quite literally the two best security blankets in the league. The '07 Jets D is the '06 Jets D. There is no difference. None. The D and the O are related. Remember? You want to blame the poor run game and D on Chad (they only gave up 10 points) give him some credit for '06. The '06 Jets do not make the playoffs with Rivers. Period. Continue to act like the Jets made the playoffs in spite of Chad last year. I guess it was on the back of that awesome rushing attack and that #2 D with Vilma, Robertson and Thomas! Monsters of the Midway look out!

So you dont take into account the difference in years of starting experience? Thats ridiculous.

And watch, the 2007 Jets D will likely do what the 2006 D did, even though they are NOT the same defense, they will likely improve as the season goes on and become very solid, just like in 2006.

The 06' Jets dont make the playoffs with Philip Rivers? :rl: Are you freakin kidding me? LOL.

Rivers threw for 22tds/9ints in 2006 while Chad threw for 17tds/16ints! Not even debatable, sorry.

Yes, Rivers has LT and Gates, but he also has NOTHING at WR. Chad had Coles and Cotchery who continually made Chad look better than he was. Rivers made the probowl last year, where was Chad? Oh, putting up more turnovers than touchdowns. I guess it was those "intangibles" that lead the Jets to the playoffs. Riiiiiiight.

So you dont take into account the difference in years of starting experience? Thats ridiculous.

And watch, the 2007 Jets D will likely do what the 2006 D did, even though they are NOT the same defense, they will likely improve as the season goes on and become very solid, just like in 2006.

The 06' Jets dont make the playoffs with Philip Rivers? :rl: Are you freakin kidding me? LOL.

Rivers threw for 22tds/9ints in 2006 while Chad threw for 17tds/16ints! Not even debatable, sorry.

Yes, Rivers has LT and Gates, but he also has NOTHING at WR. Chad had Coles and Cotchery who continually made Chad look better than he was. Rivers made the probowl last year, where was Chad? Oh, putting up more turnovers than touchdowns. I guess it was those "intangibles" that lead the Jets to the playoffs. Riiiiiiight.

Compare the 2 running games, if thats possible.

Archived