General Accepted Accounting Principles

Jet Moses

:gfight:

Anybody know how serious it is to make somebody do both AR and AP in the same accounting office? Because I am AR and I wind up getting loads of AP all day because their is a senile old bitch who won't retire who owns two f'n houses but she should be in a nursing home so my boss can't give her anything to do because she f's it all up and we spend two hours every night trying to fix it.

But I'm getting a major resentment and I want to see if I can parlay a little blackmail to get the frig out of this office.

So talk to me. Do I have a beef that can flag my boss? Or is it some petty BS and nothing is going to happen to him any way. Thanks.

You are replaceable.

Anybody know how serious it is to make somebody do both AR and AP in the same accounting office? Because I am AR and I wind up getting loads of AP all day because their is a senile old bitch who won't retire who owns two f'n houses but she should be in a nursing home so my boss can't give her anything to do because she f's it all up and we spend two hours every night trying to fix it.

But I'm getting a major resentment and I want to see if I can parlay a little blackmail to get the frig out of this office.

So talk to me. Do I have a beef that can flag my boss? Or is it some petty BS and nothing is going to happen to him any way. Thanks.

I spend time in manufacturing companies. Generally AR/AP are 2 different people in the accounting office...but I don't know of a RULE. Some of our smallest clients have one person handling all the financials.

Personally, I see it as an opportunity. If you can get fast enough doing both, maybe the boss will dump the old lady and give you a 50% raise. He'd save 25% if she's paid the same as you.

I don't think there is any Gaap guidance on the strict separation of those two functions. An auditor would look at the size of the firm (the larger it is obviously gives more justification to separation of duties) and more importantly, the controls and procedures in place. If they are adequate with supervisory review and sign-offs, there should not be a problem.

Just my opinion.

I spend time in manufacturing companies. Generally AR/AP are 2 different people in the accounting office...but I don't know of a RULE. Some of our smallest clients have one person handling all the financials.

Personally, I see it as an opportunity. If you can get fast enough doing both, maybe the boss will dump the old lady and give you a 50% raise. He'd save 25% if she's paid the same as you.

They have been trying to dump this old lady for years. She's 68 f'n years old. She's not leaving.

I'm not doing two peoples jobs. You want me to do her f'n job? Give me her f'n paycheck.

I don't think there is any Gaap guidance on the strict separation of those two functions. An auditor would look at the size of the firm (the larger it is obviously gives more justification to separation of duties) and more importantly, the controls and procedures in place. If they are adequate with supervisory review and sign-offs, there should not be a problem.

Just my opinion.

OK, thanks.

1243048387allbusiness.gif

Hmmm... two houses...

Maybe she and the boss do a little "month-end reconciliation".

Maybe she let him have a "trial balance" and her subaccount has some Receivables.

OK students, if he pays her a month in advance of banging her, how would that be recorded at month end?

A prepaid asset. Correct. :D

If the business is small it isn't a huge issue. Auditors care more about the approval process. Ideally they would want A\P and A\R broken up but it doesn't always happen that way.

As long as someone else is signing off on things, a combined effort isn't the end of the world.

If the business is small it isn't a huge issue. Auditors care more about the approval process. Ideally they would want A\P and A\R broken up but it doesn't always happen that way.

As long as someone else is signing off on things, a combined effort isn't the end of the world.

Thanks, Max. I make sure my initials and dates are on everything.

;)

Archived