Jay Feely Visiting Cardinals

Ghost

Feely was? You mean Folk right? I mean how the hell can you call Feely a choke artist while discussing Folk?

Nevermind the fact that Feely was clearly more clutch than either Nate Kaeding or Shayne Grahm, two kickers who are good in their own right. People getting on him for missing 2 fgs in 3 playoffs games it's like saying a WR isn't clutch cause he dropped one friggin pass.

BTW Feely had no problem stepping in as punter in the playoffs when he was called upon, and nailed a long FG, followed by an even LONGER fg back to back when they both got called back through no fault of his own. Do those not count, cause some other idiot messed up?

The job of a kicker is ridiculous... I can already hear people whining about, "well, he's SUPPOSED to be the emergency punter" blablabla... that's not the point. The point is he DID it - and DID IT WELL all things considered, especially given the fact that he was informed like 10 mins before the game.

Then he gets knocked for missing two in Indy but no one wants to credit him for hitting everything else throughout the playoffs. Suddenly "clutch" doesn't count, EXCEPT in the championship game? Not to mention that those were 2 short fgs BUT nowhere near as short as the ones Grahm and Kaeding were shanking all day

Feely has been a career choke-artist, so I'm not sure what this is all about. Just look at the second half of last season with the Jets, the first half of his first season with the Jets, his time with the Giants, the list goes on. The guy plays like crap when the pressure is on.

And people need to get over the punter thing. It's really not all that important. How often is this really an issue? It has absolutely no bearing on any team's choice of a kicker. And yes, any kicker could do. Feely himself said he had never punted before in his NFL career, so what does that tell you? And when the hell did everyone get so impressed with a 30 yard punt average anyway? I gave him props for it at the time, but it's time to get over it people, it wasn't THAT big of a deal.

I'll be honest, I was never a fan of Feely's. Didn't like him when he first came onto the Jets and I have been given no reason to feel any differently since then. I'm just suddenly down on him because of what he did in the championship game, but instead all I saw was a guy who proved everything I already thought about him to be 100% accurate. He simply can't be counted on when it matters most, and as far as I'm concerned, that is the single most important quality of a kicker.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, the line's 20. I'm taking bets on how many times this dumb thread gets bumped over the course of the summer. Additional action on how many times "told you so's" are either flat out said or even insinuated are also on the table. Place your bets gentlemen.

Yes I'm serious. Yes, I have a gambling problem.

Alright, the line's 20. I'm taking bets on how many times this dumb thread gets bumped over the course of the summer. Additional action on how many times "told you so's" are either flat out said or even insinuated are also on the table. Place your bets gentlemen.

Yes I'm serious. Yes, I have a gambling problem.

How long must there be with no posts in the thread before a post in it is qualified as a bump?

Thanks for making my ****ing point. If he can't make it now, how in the world is he going to make it in the playoffs.

Because people progress after their 2nd practice. Isn't Folk coming off surgery? Let's give him a chance before we throw him under the bus already. Once again.....its May.

Archived