The Draft Fog

Jets1Fan

Whoever wrote this does not even know the top Safety in the draft in some talent evaluaters minds in Earl Thomas from Texas and he could be a real possibility if he falls into the late teens if the Jets are high on him.

Is Brodney Pool a former Brown or formerly concussion prone? There are a few directions the Jets can go based on need. Safety isn't even the top one. I'd put DE and WR as positions of bigger need. It's certainly not a black hole with Pool, Smith and Ihedigo competing for time. I don't see any reason for Leon to be linked to the position. Compensation for Leon would be nice, but certainly not necessary to move up. They aren't moving up unless they are in love.

More paragraphs please.

1-2-4-5-6-7

This is correct.

A few problems with the writeup that I have. Major Wright is more of a round 3-5 guy, not a mid-late round sleeper. Thomas is certainly worth mentioning if you're talking trade up, but the author totally fails to mention other guys who could fit the scheme very well like Morgan Burnett and Reshad Jones.

As for the defensive line and pass rushers, Dunlap is best off in a 4-3 and Griffen would get KILLED as an end in the 3-4. He's a linebacker all the way. Jared Odrick is the consensus best 3-4 end who could be at pick 29 and isn't even mentioned, and NT isn't a huge need but Mount Cody and Dan Williams deserve name drops there. Pass rushers like Sergio Kindle and particularly Jerry Hughes deserve mention to me.

Finally, Bay Bay (Demaryius Thomas) should be mentioned with the wideouts. And Iupati should probably be mentioned in some context also. Tons of other things you could talk about but that's the obvious stuff.

Is Brodney Pool a former Brown or formerly concussion prone?

I'd put DE and WR as positions of bigger need.

hes a former brown who is currently concussion prone :)

agree that DE and WR are bigger needs than S but the Jets will be in a true value situation at 29 waiting to see who falls...

hes a former brown who is currently concussion prone :)

agree that DE and WR are bigger needs than S but the Jets will be in a true value situation at 29 waiting to see who falls...

A bit off topic but I am not buying the spin that the Browns misdiagnosed his concussions. Seems wrong, the league took so much flack for running players out too soon after concussions. Now the Browns kept him out when he didn't actually have them?

Not buying it...

Archived