BIG John Henderson??

Probably because other teams are more interested and he will probably start somewhere. He's looking for best dollar and several teams such as the Giants and Browns had made inquiries prior to the draft. You'd have to figure they'd be willing to pay more. Besides, he's been a 4-3 DT most of his career, he may feel more comfortable there. Giants and Chiefs already have him scheduled for visits.

Probably because other teams are more interested and he will probably start somewhere. He's looking for best dollar and several teams such as the Giants and Browns had made inquiries prior to the draft. You'd have to figure they'd be willing to pay more. Besides, he's been a 3-4 DT most of his career, he may feel more comfortable there. Giants and Chiefs already have him scheduled for visits.

Doesn't Jax run a 4-3?

Probably because other teams are more interested and he will probably start somewhere. He's looking for best dollar and several teams such as the Giants and Browns had made inquiries prior to the draft. You'd have to figure they'd be willing to pay more. Besides, he's been a 3-4 DT most of his career, he may feel more comfortable there. Giants and Chiefs already have him scheduled for visits.

I think the only pure 4-3 team pursuing Henderson is the Falcons. I'm not even sure if anyone runs a pure anything D anymore...that seems so not 21st century.

A Henderson - Jenkins - Ellis would be unfair...

BTW Who the hell is our starting end opposite Ellis right now? NO ONE???? WTF How do you not draft someone there?

DeVito, and we'll be giving Gholston a shot too.

Its not a position of critical importance to Rex, and obviously we didn't see anyone on the board worth taking. I doubt we would have even taken Odrick had Miami not grabbed him at 28. We were targetting an OL at 29 and luckily had Wilson fall into our laps.

DeVito, and we'll be giving Gholston a shot too.

Its not a position of critical importance to Rex, and obviously we didn't see anyone on the board worth taking. I doubt we would have even taken Odrick had Miami not grabbed him at 28. We were targetting an OL at 29 and luckily had Wilson fall into our laps.

I read they were actually on the phone with Ducasse at 29, amazingly they got him at 61 without having to move up.

Talk about lightning striking twice! :cheers:

I read they were actually on the phone with Ducasse at 29, amazingly they got him at 61 without having to move up.

Talk about lightning striking twice! :cheers:

I'm amazed at the patience Tanny showed. To think he had to wait all night and then 28 more picks to land Ducasse. I wouldnt have blamed him if he had traded up.

I think they could both play tackle with Ellis and Gholston as the ends in our 4-3 looks. It would be scary.

BTW Who the hell is our starting end opposite Ellis right now? NO ONE???? WTF How do you not draft someone there?

Lets not anoint VG a terrific DE just yet. Since he failed miserably at OLB, maybe he can bulk up a bit and play DE in the 4-3; lets just wait and see.

I'm amazed at the patience Tanny showed. To think he had to wait all night and then 28 more picks to land Ducasse. I wouldnt have blamed him if he had traded up.

From what I read he, Bradway, and Clinkscale discussed it all thru round 2. Even made a few calls,

Yeah it must have been nerve rattling. Rex said they went through the same thing with Wilson once he got close. They were sure either NE, or Miami was going to take him.

So did I

I think they could both play tackle with Ellis and Gholston as the ends in our 4-3 looks. It would be scary.

Scary? Scary for who? The Jets?

Show me one thing that Gholston has done since he has been here that has frightened anyone. He has played with his hand in the dirt before. He did the same thing he did upright. Nothing

Devito, and Pitoitua are playing DE opposite Ellis. Even thoug Pitoitua has only had about 10 snaps, he has done the same thing as Gholston

Archived